Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Culture problems"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are some fine people working there.

Cons

Culture is malignant. Many layoffs recently. Not forward thinking.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get out and talk to all employees.

Oct 18, 2017 – HR Director

At Press Ganey, we take great pride in our associates’ abilities, dedication and focus on our mission. We hire individuals who are not only accomplished and passionate about our business, but who... More

"Conflicting messages, frequent turnover in leadership"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to contribute to improving patient experience

Decent benefits

Flexibility to work from home (for some positions)

Cons

Leadership message to associates is that the client's needs come first; the reality is, sales/profits come first.

Constant change in senior management and leadership lead to a serious lack of any sense of stability.

Many products are utilizing outdated technology; it is difficult to remain an advocate for the company and recommend products when competitors have solutions that are light years ahead.

Advice to Management

Recognize that investments (and occasionally short term loss) are necessary for long term and sustained growth, and to remain competitive in the market.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is committed to delivering industry leading service and innovative solutions to our clients. We’re also proud of the long-term client relationships that... More

"Great mission, poor & old-fashioned culture"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company has an amazing mission to improve patient experience and reduce suffering. It's something anyone could get behind. I met some incredibly intelligent and genuine people during my time. PG is very respected in the health care world.

Cons

The company culture is horrible and stuck in the 80s. It's an older company with many tenured employees that would not last a second in another company in a major city like Boston or New York, but remain at PG because of politics. These individuals are not open to change (if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality) Not a fast-paced or innovative environment and I did not witness very much teamwork or collaboration. The focus of the organization is on impressing important clients with little to no focus on improving the culture and the happiness of employees.

Advice to Management

Take a lesson from cutting edge industries like technology when it comes to hiring and maintaining great talent. Caring for employees should be a top priority. Also, address the South Bend issue. There are some incredibly unqualified, unmotivated employees that have been around forever that create a toxic environment for new individuals coming in, looking to make a positive impact on the organization.

Dec 20, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. Just as Press Ganey is dedicated to our mission to reduce patient and caregiver suffering, we are equally committed to continuous improvement and innovation within our... More

"PMO - Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are many highly talented people who are deeply committed to Press Ganey's mission. The organization is fluid and dynamic which I found exciting and stressful. To succeed one must be thick-skinned. Most people have a great deal of integrity in their work and relationships.

Cons

My group has experienced a great deal of turnover in leadership which led to multiple changes in processes and priorities. The culture is very political and cliquish with key IT leaders that worked together previously. IT leadership seems incapable of long-term planning, not sure why because they are intelligent. Women and minorities are underrepresented in leadership across the organization.

"Great Benefits! (IF you ever get to use them)"

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home with flexible hours.

Cons

The excellent benefits that entice employees to work there, such as immediate vacation, can rarely be used unless you are willing to "work the system" (call off sick and after all sick days are used, it will automatically count against your vacation). Pay is low and often misrepresented.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and realistic with candidates and new hires regarding benefits and pay.

"Account management"

Pros

The PTO and Sick time is great and the flexible schedule when needed especially for those with a family

Cons

You are expected to check emails respond etc. when out and if not then there is that much more you have to address. The lack of management skills that the company has as a whole is lacking, not one department operates with the same standard. The turn over in management and upper management is startling along with the numerous added upper management roles, Press Ganey is very top heavy

"Lots of Stress, Is It Worth It?"

Pros

-Benefits (not that great)
    -Flexibility (comes with a price)
    -Pay (for the area, otherwise very poor)
    -People (for the most part)

Cons

This place is somewhat deceiving. Yes, you get a decent amount of PTO right from the start. No limit of sick days. These are things that most people would stay at a company for. But the moment you take a vacation or are sick for a day or two, you come back to a waterlogged inbox, with countless requests and things to get done. There is a sense of "I can't even take a day off' mindset that you start to acquire.

For people with families, this is ideal. The flexibility is great, but it comes with a cost. They try to hide the unmanageable workloads with PTO days and what seems to be an unlimited amount of sick days (that people definitely take advantage of). Employee satisfaction surveys are sent out to the employees, but it seems nothing is ever done or improved. You cannot just throw bodies at the problem when it is process and procedure issues.

Most of these people do not want to take responsibility for anything that might go wrong. There is no accountability for anything. For a company that pushes transparency, they are barely transparent with their employees. C-Suite doesn't have a clue how the company operates, let alone care. Anyone could step into an Account Management position for a day and realize there are issues with the process.

It is definitely a "drink the kool-aid" type of company. Management believes employees are expendable. That is very hard to swallow considering the learning curve when you are hired. Even someone with a healthcare background would take a good year before they know a fraction of what they are doing. You do so much work for such little recognition/compensation.

Advice to Management

Be accountable, be responsible, and stand up for your employees. This position is not expendable. Account management is one of the hardest positions in the company. Ask anyone is any other department if they would want to work in Account Management, and I will bet 90% of them say absolutely not.

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you appreciate the flexibility that Press Ganey provides for our associates. This flexibility is a direct result of listening to the voices of... More

8. "Disjointed"

Former Contractor - Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Press Ganey as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work hours are very flexible and I could work from home when I wanted to. The reports were fairly straight forward.

Cons

The system of getting the files and information to me was very disjointed - frequently had to stop working and wait for responses that may not come until the following day. Also very frequent turnover and relative incompetence at the position handing materials down to me. I also only got one raise in my hourly pay across five years of being with the company.

Advice to Management

Get someone in the position that was handing down reports to the contractors that knows what they are doing and understands the questions the contractors might ask.

"Highs and Lows"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.

Cons

Need to address unethical practices of people in management positions. One manager is aware of drug (Marijuana) use of one associate and their unethical behavior and continues to look out for them and help them get supervisor positions in the company just because the manager doesn't know a lot about the job he manages. The supervisor did not even have the required associates degree for the previous job. It seems like a lot of people are aware of this except senior management.

Advice to Management

Mandatory drug testing for supervisors and fair promotions. Know what's going on especially if it reflects badly on the company.

"Finance"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey has great Benefits

Cons

No room for advancement for non managers

Advice to Management

I would recommend leadership classes