Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Excellent Employer with Plenty of Career Potential"

Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in South Bend, IN

Pros

I was brought in twice to work as a contract recruiter to source, screen, extend offers to Sales and Marketing professionals. This company shows respect for all personnel. The company is large enough so that there is plenty of room for career growth and small enough so there are a lot of activities to feel like part of a work 'family'. South Bend, IN is a small/big town so this company fits right in with its' surroundings.

Cons

The salary is average. I don't have a lot of negative things to say about working here. It would be nice if there were more nearby quality places to eat and have coffee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Great new leadership! Quickly moving us in the right direction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great new leadership team. They quickly identified the opportunities for us to continue to grow this fantastic company.

Cons

Quick growth is tough for those who are adverse to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant communication with the associates.

3. "Change is for the best"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is a great company to work for and has done very well. However, it's clear that there have been many areas that were neglected or under invested in. This is clearly changing with the new management team and people are excited about the ability to continue to build on Press Ganey's success.

Cons

Change isn't for everyone and makes some people nervous. Hopefully some big wins will convince those that are nervous that change is for the better.

Advice to Management

Implement performance management. Remove non-performers quickly but make sure you just as quickly reward those top performers.

4. "Many passionate people with entrepreneurial spirit!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

employees are passionate about their ability to impact the quality of healthcare, and this resonates throughout the company. There are some of the brightest and innivative minds leading the teams and momentum is positive. This is a fast paced environment where creativity and vision are rewarded. Communication from leaders has never been better!

Cons

Travel to South Bend isn't the easiest for the expanding group of employees in other locations, but the establishment of key offices in Chicago and Boston is helping

"Feeling fulfilled by helping others"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From my earliest memories, I always wanted to work in healthcare. The thought that I would be able to help others during a critical and often difficult period in their life was thrilling to me. Over the years, my career path has meandered a bit, but never far from that early purpose -- helping others with their care. I am proud to have found a home at Press Ganey where I can continue on my personal life mission. The beauty of Press Ganey is that our clients, our company and all of my colleagues are perfectly aligned around a single purpose - helping improve any aspect of the patient experience that is within our control. It is an incredibly rewarding opportunity for me and I know many of my colleagues feel the same fulfillment.

Cons

The cons of Press Ganey is less to do with the comapny and more to do with the industry environment. Healthcare may not be broken, but it isn't perfect and there are many organizations that need significant help improving. And the work is never done. There is always room for improvement - which is good, but sometimes can be frustrating. Overall, pros far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Create an all staff volunteer day where every person in the company contributes their time and energy to helping a local healthcare facility. It would remind everyone in the company why we exist - to help our clients improve the patient experience.

6. "Great benefits, great company"

Current Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits - competitive salaries, good employee benefits
    Strong culture that values the company's past, present and future
    Clear mission, vision and values
    Good opportunities for upward mobility

Cons

Culture is very collegial but fast-paced, especially in our department
    My team's technology and equipment could use upgrading more regularly

Advice to Management

Visit in person with all departments and all levels within the organization more often

7. "Leading the company to improve healthcare"

Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is impressive to work with a company that wants to be a part of the future of healthcare reform. The history of the company is fantastic, and have great opportunities to expand improvement opportunities. Teamwork continues to improve and the groups are beginning to become one.

Cons

Expanding to new markets is complicated, and requires team effort. It is important to understand the difficulty in developing new services and gaining adoption by clients.

Advice to Management

The company has a strong foundation built upon years of work and pride. Don't discount the value of employees that have a great deal of knowledge of the past.

8. "A leader striving ever higher."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking company where innovation and integration are highly praised.
    Team environment where individuals are never too busy to teach and often place team goals ahead of individual goals, but even in this setting, individual contributions are well noted and praise given.

Cons

While teamwork is strong, in my time, there have been no team-building events to further this strength of the company.

Advice to Management

Leadership is great. New vision and direction to maintain our industry leadership status.

9. "Way Ahead of the Market"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is by far the leading provider of patient satisfaction and related services. We have deeper benchmarks, better analytics and more advisors working personally with clients than any other player in the market. As far as opportunities, virtually all vendors in the health care industry want to explore ways to work with Press Ganey to better serve providers.

Cons

Too many offices and remote locations that prevent greater efficiency. Needs to consolidate offices.

Advice to Management

Invest in more resources so we can move quicker.

10. "Great business with strong history, bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

Cons

To use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Advice to Management

Continue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!