Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Tough Interview; good place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in South Bend, IN

Pros

Company is financially stable and in a high-growth mode.

Cons

For some positions pay is below average.

Advice to Management

Review competitors hiring practices and pay.

2. "Moving in the right direction"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Talented and committed employees, growth opportunities, industry leader, excellent mission.

Cons

We've experienced three executive teams in the past two year, each with their own business model and leadership style. However, there has been stability in the past year and a strong focus on innovation and growth.

Advice to Management

Take time to hear employees; take action on issues identified in the employee survey. Provide clear mission and vision to align the company and engage employees.

3. "You need to be an entrepreneur"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. if you have a great idea and share it - you can make it a reality
    2. We now have the right senior leadership - with Dr. Lee - to articulate our true mission
    3. Quality of life - working virtually ensures it

Cons

1. Yes - you must work hard. You had better care about the patient experience. If you do not - this will not be a fit for you.
    2. You must be patient. Our corporate culture is growing - getting better every day. We are not there yet - and you will be happier here if you can take a longer-term view.
    3. Most people on either coast take a pay cut for quality of life.

Advice to Management

1. Make yourself accessible.
    2. Stop promoting family members - or at least give others an equal opportunity at those newly-created positions.

"Sticking to a great mission"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is truly focused on improving the patient experience. Few organizations have the data and front line team to make such a great impact in an important area. There are many great individuals at the company that work hard to achieve the mission and truly care about each other. As an employee, you feel like you can express and implement your ideas without too much red tape.

Cons

Leadership has a tough job staying on top of the market and figuring out where we need to expand to stay competitive. There is a lot of change, which is always difficult. A lot of the employees work remotely, which improves work/life balance but makes it hard to feel daily support from colleagues or simply brainstorm ideas.

Advice to Management

Focus on empowering individuals and teams to lead the change that needs to happen. Take a close look at the HR department and recruiting strategy or it will be tough to keep a competitive workforce.

"Lot's of work to come but a bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.

6. "Really Good Team"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

Cons

There's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

Advice to Management

I think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.

"My experience at Press Ganey has been rewarding and satisfying."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

We generally work with people that want to have a positive influence on healthcare and peoples lives. The pay is good and we get to be creative in how we work with clients and prospects. Leadership communicates well encourages problem solving.

Cons

Integration of firms we've acquired into one cohesive organization seems to be challenge...not sure why.

Advice to Management

Continue to enhance online analytics platform without increased pricing.

"Making a difference in healthcare by leveraging the unique strengths of really great people!"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The greatest satisfaction comes from knowing you can make a difference. If you have a great idea, you can run with it with blessings and support!

Cons

There are lots of moving parts and it's tough sometimes to see all the inter-related issues and impact of decisions.

Advice to Management

Please continue to push the envelope and innovate to better support our clients. Listen to them, respond to them, remember that we all work for them.

"Rewarding, hard work"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very dedicated to their work and this leads to very accomplished workers who will do all they can to achieve success

Cons

It is a very corporate environment and can sometimes be very hectic and chaotic, not very laid back despite people being able to work from home

Advice to Management

Emphasize communication between teams and offices -- lots of people are remote workers or are on the road a lot so it makes it that much more important that everyone communicates with each other

"Overall, satisfied with my experience here."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Tuition Reimbursement. Some what of Flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of communication between lower and upper level employees. Favoritism towards other employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate and recognize your employees hard work!