Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We supported, even embraced, numerous changes, even when they negatively impacted our work-life balance over the years (in 5 reviews)

• Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

"The company hacks have distorted the real picture of Press Ganey"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Boston Office has a lot of great people.

Cons

The current senior managment comes accross as clueless. They have exciting visions with no ablitiy to execute on them.

Advice to Management

Communicate a road map. It is hard to find a directoin to a great destination without a clue about where you are today and a plan to get from the current situation to an exciting future.

"The Iron Triangle"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Advice to Management

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

"Not fair accross the board"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility is great! Great co-workers th a t willing to help. Casual dress code.

Cons

A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work. Inequality within same departments, promotions are not based on anything concrete nor hard work.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

Cons

Poor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Advice to Management

Stick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is a good company to work for, they are flexible, understanding, 9-5 and no holidays, and have a very good reputation in the market.

Cons

The Cons I have are not about the company but about my specific role in the company. As an Account Manager the workload is so high that it makes the stress of the job sometimes overwhelming. There is a lot of turn around (most from internal promotions which is good), but it makes it hard on the AM's left behind to keep up. Since I started my workload has only grown and grown with no relief in sight. I have to work many nights and weekends. Vacations are more stressful because I know I'll be coming back to even more work. Quite frankly the pay is not enough for all of the work an Account Manager is responsible for. Account managers carry the bulk of the work load as far as dealing with clients and make the least of all the account team members. I started this position because my family moved to the area, previously I worked at a hospital and made a lot more without so many responsibilities and this much stress. The processes are very manual and learning all you need to to perform tasks is sometimes very difficult.

Advice to Management

I really think management needs to understand the value of account managers, we are losing a lot of people because of the amount of work related to the job and should be compensated for it. We were told a long time ago that "they" were researching the pay scale and would be increasing it based on the market but still haven't heard anything about that. I don't feel I should have to work from home nights and weekends just to keep up with my work load and not be making as much as other parts of the account team, or at least more than what we are making now.

"Stepping Stone to Better Jobs Elsewhere"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my department there are some opportunities to learn about various programming languages and software. We have work laptops that we can take home. Centrally located in South Bend.

Cons

The biggest problem in my experience is a lack of any kind of training. Managers receive no management training. Employees receive no training on how to use the custom software we deal with. Most of my department are self-taught programmers, which leads to various issues and problems. As a new hire, I was expected to learn everything on my own--which set me up for failure. It's like Tetris. If you don't have the basic building blocks--you have lots of holes in your knowledge. I was then criticized heavily for that by my co-workers.

Senior leadership doesn't actually know what our department does. Our department is custom for our clients' needs. We put out hundreds of custom reports every month. Yet we are treated like throw-aways.

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. So its a good work experience for people who are right out of college but the company presents no reason to stay here. They invest very little in their employees and every suggestion for training is a constant fight.

There is a lot of talk about Press Ganey being a "family" but--like most companies that say such things--its not actually practiced. If you keep your mouth shut, ignore the bad things that happen and blame others when things go wrong--then you'll be fine. But beware if you stand up for yourself--it will make you some enemies. That whole 'family' idea goes right out the window if you don't fit the mold.

Programmers are paid less than others in their field.

There is no effort to educate departments on what other departments actually do, so there are constant misunderstandings and miscommunications when departments have to collaborate.

Indicated they would replace vending machines with a healthy choices café. That did not happen. They switched vendors to folks who were more expensive and actually sold three times more junk food and pop than the vending machines did. Almost no healthy choices at all and the few that are there are three times more expensive than they should be.

Used to have a yoga/fitness class during lunch that anyone could attend. That has fallen off the wayside.

Advice to Management

More transparency : If you have a problem with an employee, you need to talk with them about it.

Treat your employees equally.

Leadership DOES matter. Its the difference between being a handler/babysitter and being a leader. When you're in a management position, you can't always be liked. A good leader is firm, fair and consistent.

Press Ganey Response

Mar 22, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you recognize the opportunities for gaining additional skills and are provided the tools to work flexibly at Press Ganey. Press Ganey is committed to ... More

8. "Growing pains"

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, good people who care about co-workers, flexibility, good benefits, great long-term outlook

Cons

understaffed, slow to respond to workforce needs, struggle with product releases, change in culture and managing principles since going public

Advice to Management

It is understood that you want to increase revenue without an equal increase in staffing. This is healthy growth, but there has to be balance and right now we are out of balance.

"reporting manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

the vision to reduce the patient suffering and improve healthcare quality

Cons

Constant organization change and unbalanced like between life and work

Advice to Management

Focus more on long term goals