Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"PMO - Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are many highly talented people who are deeply committed to Press Ganey's mission. The organization is fluid and dynamic which I found exciting and stressful. To succeed one must be thick-skinned. Most people have a great deal of integrity in their work and relationships.

Cons

My group has experienced a great deal of turnover in leadership which led to multiple changes in processes and priorities. The culture is very political and cliquish with key IT leaders that worked together previously. IT leadership seems incapable of long-term planning, not sure why because they are intelligent. Women and minorities are underrepresented in leadership across the organization.

"Lots of Stress, Is It Worth It?"

Pros

-Benefits (not that great)
    -Flexibility (comes with a price)
    -Pay (for the area, otherwise very poor)
    -People (for the most part)

Cons

This place is somewhat deceiving. Yes, you get a decent amount of PTO right from the start. No limit of sick days. These are things that most people would stay at a company for. But the moment you take a vacation or are sick for a day or two, you come back to a waterlogged inbox, with countless requests and things to get done. There is a sense of "I can't even take a day off' mindset that you start to acquire.

For people with families, this is ideal. The flexibility is great, but it comes with a cost. They try to hide the unmanageable workloads with PTO days and what seems to be an unlimited amount of sick days (that people definitely take advantage of). Employee satisfaction surveys are sent out to the employees, but it seems nothing is ever done or improved. You cannot just throw bodies at the problem when it is process and procedure issues.

Most of these people do not want to take responsibility for anything that might go wrong. There is no accountability for anything. For a company that pushes transparency, they are barely transparent with their employees. C-Suite doesn't have a clue how the company operates, let alone care. Anyone could step into an Account Management position for a day and realize there are issues with the process.

It is definitely a "drink the kool-aid" type of company. Management believes employees are expendable. That is very hard to swallow considering the learning curve when you are hired. Even someone with a healthcare background would take a good year before they know a fraction of what they are doing. You do so much work for such little recognition/compensation.

Advice to Management

Be accountable, be responsible, and stand up for your employees. This position is not expendable. Account management is one of the hardest positions in the company. Ask anyone is any other department if they would want to work in Account Management, and I will bet 90% of them say absolutely not.

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you appreciate the flexibility that Press Ganey provides for our associates. This flexibility is a direct result of listening to the voices of ... More

"Highs and Lows"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.

Cons

Need to address unethical practices of people in management positions. One manager is aware of drug (Marijuana) use of one associate and their unethical behavior and continues to look out for them and help them get supervisor positions in the company just because the manager doesn't know a lot about the job he manages. The supervisor did not even have the required associates degree for the previous job. It seems like a lot of people are aware of this except senior management.

Advice to Management

Mandatory drug testing for supervisors and fair promotions. Know what's going on especially if it reflects badly on the company.

"Reasonable"

Pros

Acceptable benefits with reasonably flexible work hours. Management makes a considerable effort to accommodate reasonable adjustments in the employee's work-life balance.

Cons

Management still has a 'family company' mentality. Supervisors weigh decisions based on how many friends an employee has rather than just the performance of the employee. Management shows an extreme bias to long term employees and how things have been done rather than how to do thing better.

Advice to Management

Excellence is a process and not just a goal. Once achieved it requires effort to maintain. Although current processes and procedures have made the company a top performer in the field staying on top will require change and improvement.

"Formerly great company"

Pros

There are still a lot of great people working at PG. The benefits are very good and there is a lot of flexibility in my department.

Cons

With flexibility comes the expectation that you will be available at all hours if a client needs you. In reality, there is no reason a client should need an answer to a question after 5 on Christmas Eve. We are in the survey business, this is not life or death.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like they are disposable. Tenure should mean something and you should try to keep employees. 2% raises each year do not keep up with 5% increases in daycare costs, for example. Being promoted with a 5% raise shouldn't prevent you from getting a merit increase for the next two years.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate knowing that you feel a strong sense of community and that you value the flexibility you have within your department. We are proud to partner with our ... More

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

"The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are great, the work-life balance is average.

Cons

The management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Advice to Management

Quit.

"Do not like the direction of the company"

Pros

Laid back work environment and fast paced culture

Cons

Too many managers and too few associates

Advice to Management

Listen to associates more

"Great if you are an executive...."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, I don't do a lot and I get my personal things done.

Cons

Bad pay,I basically am a high paid nanny, maid.