Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Great"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allows for a flexible schedule

Cons

Pay and Benefits need improvement.

"Refleciton after 10 years at Press Ganey"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Am grateful to be part of a team of dedicated and talented people at Press Ganey. I love the mission of our business and the positive way that it impacts the lives of others.

Cons

Constant change is a reality that presents opportunities for expanding knowledge and innovation.

3. "Flexibility"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Flexibility of working from home when not traveling

Cons

High turnover of some positions

"Slowly getting better"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an updated review - I have been at Press Ganey as both a contractor and an employee for many years now. When I got here as a contractor, everything was a mess and I had plans to leave after my projects wrapped up. Well my co-workers were amazing and won me over and the work environment slows started to improve. I ended up accepting an offer and staying.

The company has been through some dark times but I have seen a very positive change happening in the last 2 years. Change takes time, but it seems like leadership cares enough to fix things.

The job itself is great. Our area allows a flex schedule and WFH as needed. They have stepped up their game as far as compensation and offer good pay for the area, decent benefits, and very generous PTO. Vacation starts with 3 weeks and you get 4 personal days. The work is interesting with many challenging problems to solve.

A lot of people left in the last few years but there are still some really smart people around here. The overall company mission is good and many people seem to really be passionate about their work.

Cons

Many growing pains in the last few years. Workload is coming down but it is still extremely high. We are working to reduce meetings in our group but there are still tons of them.

We have had lots of turnover in the last couple years and positions were refilled with contractors. Some consulting agencies we use are excellent but some of them are totally incompetent, wasting a lot of time.

Also, we have been promised a new workspace for years and it hasn't happened. Our floor is cold and overcrowded and the open plan offices are excessively noisy and hard to focus in. At least they allow working from home to mitigate the facilities issues.

Advice to Management

No more open office plans for software developers please! It's very hard to focus with all the noise. If we are stuck with them, we need both quiet spaces and collaborative spaces.

Also just wanted to say keep up the good work trying to make improvements. Things might not be perfect but they are definitely getting better.

5. "Decent company for experienced professionals, but expect to wear multiple hats."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Vacation/PTO, work from home.

Cons

Lot of changes in the management.

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work life balance. get time off whenever I need. Great team environment and work order. I really enjoy most of what I do here.

Cons

high ups change often. Don't always feel a place for upward mobility. The team environments could be a little bit more collaborative.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a good job. They are finally starting to see where things need to move and how to get them going in that direction.

7. "Analyst"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the fore-front of Healthcare analytics. Collaborative environment.

Cons

Frequent reorganizations and changes in managers

Advice to Management

On right track finally.

"PMO"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is a great organization with a wonderful mission. The senior leadership team is approachable and very engaged. I like and respect my colleagues and think Press Ganey employs competent and experienced professionals. I also feel that my compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

One thing that adds stress is constant changes in the organization especially in Senior leadership which are accompanied by changes in reporting structure, strategy and direction. The changes are not minor and result in major shifts in methodology, job requirements and responsibilities.

"Mission-Driven Organization"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Current executive leadership sets a positive tone for the organization and makes business decisions consistent with the company mission to reduce patient suffering; CEO is approachable and makes an effort to communicate regularly with employees; Management is empowering and values the skills and talents of the team; Employees are professional and committed to high-quality work; In my department, autonomy and creativity are encouraged; Family time is valued--I have never had an issue when I needed time off (even at the last minute) for a family issue or event

Cons

My department manager does an excellent job managing team workloads, but this is not necessarily the case in all departments; The company recently started an excellent internal mentoring program for employees--I'd like to see even more company-wide opportunities for professional growth and leadership development

Advice to Management

Management should consider networking with each other, and also look externally, to identify best practices for team workload management. Press Ganey has many hard-working employees committed to high-quality who will work themselves to burnout to get the work done. For whatever reason, they may feel uncomfortable voicing their concern to management, so management needs to find innovative ways to detect potential burnout and put safeguards in place for their team.

10. "Advisor"

Pros

Work form home, great clients, great teammates

Cons

at times can be a heavy caseload

Advice to Management

do whatever is necessary to keep advisors