Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Great work life balance, space to move up if you are willing to put in the work, you have to really take initiative to stand out (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work like balance is amazing. You have the flexibility you deserve. There is great room for growth in departments other then Account Management. The company really takes their employees seriously.

Cons

Account Management does not have room to grow and sometimes management can be unrealistic.

"Lots of change, but earnest leadership and vision"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission of the company is earnest and the people who work for PG are truly in the business of wanting to help clients improve the care they provide to patients. Senior leadership has been stable for a few years now and has clearly articulated its vision for the company. Depending on the position, there's a distinct possibility of working mostly or partly from home.

Cons

The pay and benefits are probably just average. In the healthcare space there is a tremendous amount of change, and that can take its toll if you're the type that likes predictability and stability in your job. Also, career development, while better than it was a few years ago, is still a weakness.

Advice to Management

Find how to motivate employees to stay for longer. Pay and career development will have to improve if they want team stability.

"Dedication to clients and developing associates!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After 10+ years of working at Press Ganey I am amazed at how we continue to innovate and drive change in the market! They continue to view service delivery through the lens of the client and challenge teams to pursue their best with every interaction.

Cons

It is up to the individual to drive their career path - there are opportunities if you seek them out!

Advice to Management

The quarterly performance review process with a focus on individual development goals is a tremendous asset to growing and developing top talent!

4. "Press Ganey is the BEST company to work for in Healthcare"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The CEO has a crystal clear vision on ensuring the company is successful. Senior Management ensures that we have the best employees in the roles to get the job done. The culture is: Work Hard - Play Hard. Employees are treated like family. The mission of the company encourages me to work hard everyday and gain tremendous fulfillment. I am extremely proud to work for Press Ganey.

Cons

No company is perfect, so I would say: resolve problems quicker, and institute more processes that utilize technology vs. people.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the employees that "get it" and move out the employees that "do not get it".

5. "Advisor"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility, reasonable travel, and working remotely

Cons

No major cons...slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance

"Best Thing That's Happened To Me in South Bend!!!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, Forward Thinking, Innovation, Support, Community

Cons

As most big companies, there can, at times, be a disconnect between associates and senior level.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, thanks for the support!

7. "Strong, healthy company uniquely positioned to make a real difference in health care."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is uniquely positioned in the market as an industry leader who is able to capture the voices of patients and caregivers nationwide. The mission is true, and the work each department and employee does is toward advancing care delivery. There is so much potential in this space, and Press Ganey has the relationships and insights to make a difference. CEO, President and rest of executive team are VERY smart, strategic people so there is a lot of faith in the future health and growth of the company.

Cons

It's hard work. It takes a lot of grit,organization and dedication to be successful at this company which are all assumed qualities when you're working in a competitive environment. However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on streamlining feedback processes, take it seriously and ensure that lines of communication are always open. We are a high performing organization and some times it's hard to get around to retrospective discussions.

8. "Great fit, room to grow"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are terrific. There are many opportunities for growth. Those that are leaders during change will do well here. Very exciting time at the company.

Cons

Change mentioned in "pros" section can be hard to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Compared to other account team members, AMs are underpaid.

9. "5 STARS FOR PRESS GANEY"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

Pros

PG is a home grown South Bend, Indiana company that operates like a major metropolitan business. Dr. Press and Dr. Ganey got it right with the igniting idea of getting patient feedback on healthcare satisfaction. These wizards were decades ahead of their time and they, along with the current leadership, have created the leader in the industry! GO PRESS GANEY! This is truly a company with a commitment to the employee and work satisfaction. They listen, every year, to employee feedback regarding job improvement ideas AND THEY IMPLIMENT THEM! What? Who does that any more? Press Ganey is reminiscent of the way companies were run back in the 80's when employees were valued as an integral part of the success of a business and the employees are rewarded for their hard work and winning attitudes. The best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

There are no negative comments to report.

Advice to Management

Pat & Joe keep up the great work. The two of you are a winning combo and you are well loved by the PG fan club. Judy, there is not another person in this world who can do what you do with the finesse with which you do it. Literally the most valuable PG asset.

10. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.