Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

• The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves (in 6 reviews)

"Tough Interview; good place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in South Bend, IN

Pros

Company is financially stable and in a high-growth mode.

Cons

For some positions pay is below average.

Advice to Management

Review competitors hiring practices and pay.

"Very high turnaround and no advancement. Was told not to mention advancement in my interview."

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

Pros

Dresscode is casual and there are some nice coworkers

Cons

no advancement, no respect, horrible communication, favoritism, raises are a joke and since they have changed leadership they have fired pretty much their entire workforce and replaced it. The pay seems ok when you start and then you end up bascially working 3 jobs in one position.

Advice to Management

Treat people as you would want to be treated.

"Excellent Employer with Plenty of Career Potential"

Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in South Bend, IN

Pros

I was brought in twice to work as a contract recruiter to source, screen, extend offers to Sales and Marketing professionals. This company shows respect for all personnel. The company is large enough so that there is plenty of room for career growth and small enough so there are a lot of activities to feel like part of a work 'family'. South Bend, IN is a small/big town so this company fits right in with its' surroundings.

Cons

The salary is average. I don't have a lot of negative things to say about working here. It would be nice if there were more nearby quality places to eat and have coffee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Good co-workers, benefits provider needs to be reconsidered & culture is in flux"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay, several energized employees throughout, good plan for the future with introduction of technology, great HR team, good co-workers, knowledgeable leadership

Cons

Expectations need to be more realistic, pushed selling technology to existing clients before successful delivery capability, working environment demands 60+ hour work week, created counter productive relationship with industry leaders after adding consulting, difficulty working with health plan provider involving ongoing medical benefits, slow to respond to competition pressure involving significantly lower pricing

Advice to Management

Live the words you speak - Under promise and over deliver & evaluate your benefits provider through employee feedback

"Great company to work for."

Pros

Great professional opportunities in patient satisfaction.

Cons

Travel can be a bit much.

"New Managment Coming In"

Current Employee - IT Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - IT Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is in high growth mode, direct employees are great to work with.

Cons

Old culture is dead, which was a primary driver for growth, and the reason why the company has not been able to sustain growth. New incoming management limits the opertunity, company is very top heavy.

Advice to Management

Company has become divided amoungst those who were there that drove growth, and those who have come in an caused stagnant growth. Let employees who made the company successfull in the past, continue to make it do so. Suggested were given for growth only to have outside consultants come in an make the same consultion whom have been there for years but

"Great new leadership! Quickly moving us in the right direction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great new leadership team. They quickly identified the opportunities for us to continue to grow this fantastic company.

Cons

Quick growth is tough for those who are adverse to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant communication with the associates.

"Good plan, poor execution and disconnected leadership"

Current Employee - Improvement Manager
    Current Employee - Improvement Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey truly cares about making healthcare better. They are the best at what they do and have been doing it for 25+ years. The employees are (or were) passionate about what they do when not fearing for their jobs. People subscribe to the work hard play hard mentality and have fun with the people around them. I absolutely love visiting clients and help them give better care.

Cons

3 New CEOs and Executive teams in 4 years, each progressively worse. Each new team comes in with a "ground breaking" plan and then replaces the employees with those who they worked with in the past (truth be told, like any other corporation). We now have more Vice Presidents than one can count and not enough people to do the job. A constant revolving door where employees work in fear of losing their job with No bonuses. No one questions a decision because they are afraid they will be replaced, but we somehow are supposed to think innovatively.

Our core business is satisfaction surveys but we haven't had an employee survey in 2 years, I assume because leadership either knows how unhappy people are or that ignorant they think we are satisfied (and exactly why I am posting on here).

Since I started its a completely different place.

Advice to Management

People will accept change if it makes sense, just be more gradual. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel and listen to the little guy every once in awhile. Go back to listening to customers and quit replacing good people with "your guys" as you've labeled them. Our people and customers will gladly tell you what you want to know, just listen to their needs.

"The company hacks have distorted the real picture of Press Ganey"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Boston Office has a lot of great people.

Cons

The current senior managment comes accross as clueless. They have exciting visions with no ablitiy to execute on them.

Advice to Management

Communicate a road map. It is hard to find a directoin to a great destination without a clue about where you are today and a plan to get from the current situation to an exciting future.

"Once an enjoyable workplace has become not so enjoyable after all"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

co-workers and middle management are very supportive

Cons

New senior leadership has brought an east-coast attitude to business to midwest family life - the two are like oil and water. Some of us are now expected to be on call 24/7 and in the office until west coast business hours end....which is past dinner time for our families - for those of us with college degrees it shouldn't be a surprise that we are dissatisfied with being expected to work retail hours like this. No more bonuses and funds for celebrations have been given away to unfamiliar charities. Not cool.

Advice to Management

You may not think that the satisfaction of employees is important and that you can just hire more people to replace those who have left, but all of our data we've collected for our clients says a high turnover and dissatisfied employees equal dissatisfied clients and decreased revenue...perhaps we need to practice what we preach?