Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated May 4, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place to work with great people"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

Culture
    Teamwork
    Caring Environment
    Passion about what we do
    Thriving organization

Cons

None -- I love everything about my job and the people with whom I work

Press Ganey Response

Aug 27, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Press Ganey!

"I support the Press Ganey frontline associates"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company
    Senior leadership is very bright, engaged with clients, and understands this industry
    Client-focused organization
    Great pay and benefits
    A lot of reinvestment back into the business to improve client value realization

Cons

We work very hard (long hours and occassional weekends)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Sincere goal to comprehensively Transform Healthcare"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY

Pros

No longer simply the leading "survey company" Press Ganey is now considered a formidable thought leader in the industry having recruited such well respected experts as Dr. Tom Lee and Dr.Jim Merlino. Through development or M&A Press Ganey is making significant investments in strategic solutions that matter to clients. It's personally gratifying to meet with Senior Leaders at client organizations who see us as providing solutions, not just products

Cons

Lots of change-new colleagues,new Org structures,etc...
     It sometimes takes a while to find out who to go to for what as it's constantly evolving. But usually it results in a pleasant surprise as you are introduced to a new Subject Matter Expert or find out that something that a client needs is already under development.

Advice to Management

Schedule periodic "town halls" with just the RD's/ Frontline staff.
    We're the boots on the ground and many of us have been in healthcare a pretty long time and can provide strategic, direct feedback from client Sr. Leaders.

"Investing in the Future."

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

7. "A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

8. "Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Advice to Management

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

"Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

"Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome."

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues