Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 1, 2017

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Phone center Rep."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime is encouraged. extra hours always available. They feed you breakfast and lunch on the weekends. You are always trained before taking on a new task.

Cons

Outbound automated calls so customers are not always happy to be getting called. you might get the feeling that your conversation is being heard by someone else on the spot so that might make you a bit nervous if you are a new employee

Advice to Management

You should collaborate with the hospital staff in getting deceased patients out of the system so that they dont get called. the families of the deceased are still grieving and get very upset when they hear we are calling asking for the deceased patient.

2. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PG is a large, healthy company that is working to improve healthcare throughout the world. Its rewarding to be part of this team.

Cons

Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.

3. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Press Ganey Response

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second ... More

4. "Great place to work with great people"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

Culture
    Teamwork
    Caring Environment
    Passion about what we do
    Thriving organization

Cons

None -- I love everything about my job and the people with whom I work

Press Ganey Response

Aug 27, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Press Ganey!

"I support the Press Ganey frontline associates"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company
    Senior leadership is very bright, engaged with clients, and understands this industry
    Client-focused organization
    Great pay and benefits
    A lot of reinvestment back into the business to improve client value realization

Cons

We work very hard (long hours and occassional weekends)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Sincere goal to comprehensively Transform Healthcare"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY

Pros

No longer simply the leading "survey company" Press Ganey is now considered a formidable thought leader in the industry having recruited such well respected experts as Dr. Tom Lee and Dr.Jim Merlino. Through development or M&A Press Ganey is making significant investments in strategic solutions that matter to clients. It's personally gratifying to meet with Senior Leaders at client organizations who see us as providing solutions, not just products

Cons

Lots of change-new colleagues,new Org structures,etc...
     It sometimes takes a while to find out who to go to for what as it's constantly evolving. But usually it results in a pleasant surprise as you are introduced to a new Subject Matter Expert or find out that something that a client needs is already under development.

Advice to Management

Schedule periodic "town halls" with just the RD's/ Frontline staff.
    We're the boots on the ground and many of us have been in healthcare a pretty long time and can provide strategic, direct feedback from client Sr. Leaders.

8. "Good place"

Former Intern - Intern in Wakefield, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good management, work life balance, good working environment

Cons

I can't find anything that is bad.

Advice to Management

nothing

"Investing in the Future."

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

10. "A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!