Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated September 14, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Best Thing That's Happened To Me in South Bend!!!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, Forward Thinking, Innovation, Support, Community

Cons

As most big companies, there can, at times, be a disconnect between associates and senior level.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, thanks for the support!

2. "Strong, healthy company uniquely positioned to make a real difference in health care."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is uniquely positioned in the market as an industry leader who is able to capture the voices of patients and caregivers nationwide. The mission is true, and the work each department and employee does is toward advancing care delivery. There is so much potential in this space, and Press Ganey has the relationships and insights to make a difference. CEO, President and rest of executive team are VERY smart, strategic people so there is a lot of faith in the future health and growth of the company.

Cons

It's hard work. It takes a lot of grit,organization and dedication to be successful at this company which are all assumed qualities when you're working in a competitive environment. However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on streamlining feedback processes, take it seriously and ensure that lines of communication are always open. We are a high performing organization and some times it's hard to get around to retrospective discussions.

"reporting manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

the vision to reduce the patient suffering and improve healthcare quality

Cons

Constant organization change and unbalanced like between life and work

Advice to Management

Focus more on long term goals

4. "Flexibility"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Flexibility of working from home when not traveling

Cons

High turnover of some positions

"Slowly getting better"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an updated review - I have been at Press Ganey as both a contractor and an employee for many years now. When I got here as a contractor, everything was a mess and I had plans to leave after my projects wrapped up. Well my co-workers were amazing and won me over and the work environment slows started to improve. I ended up accepting an offer and staying.

The company has been through some dark times but I have seen a very positive change happening in the last 2 years. Change takes time, but it seems like leadership cares enough to fix things.

The job itself is great. Our area allows a flex schedule and WFH as needed. They have stepped up their game as far as compensation and offer good pay for the area, decent benefits, and very generous PTO. Vacation starts with 3 weeks and you get 4 personal days. The work is interesting with many challenging problems to solve.

A lot of people left in the last few years but there are still some really smart people around here. The overall company mission is good and many people seem to really be passionate about their work.

Cons

Many growing pains in the last few years. Workload is coming down but it is still extremely high. We are working to reduce meetings in our group but there are still tons of them.

We have had lots of turnover in the last couple years and positions were refilled with contractors. Some consulting agencies we use are excellent but some of them are totally incompetent, wasting a lot of time.

Also, we have been promised a new workspace for years and it hasn't happened. Our floor is cold and overcrowded and the open plan offices are excessively noisy and hard to focus in. At least they allow working from home to mitigate the facilities issues.

Advice to Management

No more open office plans for software developers please! It's very hard to focus with all the noise. If we are stuck with them, we need both quiet spaces and collaborative spaces.

Also just wanted to say keep up the good work trying to make improvements. Things might not be perfect but they are definitely getting better.

6. "Decent company for experienced professionals, but expect to wear multiple hats."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Vacation/PTO, work from home.

Cons

Lot of changes in the management.

7. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work life balance. get time off whenever I need. Great team environment and work order. I really enjoy most of what I do here.

Cons

high ups change often. Don't always feel a place for upward mobility. The team environments could be a little bit more collaborative.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a good job. They are finally starting to see where things need to move and how to get them going in that direction.

"PMO - Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are many highly talented people who are deeply committed to Press Ganey's mission. The organization is fluid and dynamic which I found exciting and stressful. To succeed one must be thick-skinned. Most people have a great deal of integrity in their work and relationships.

Cons

My group has experienced a great deal of turnover in leadership which led to multiple changes in processes and priorities. The culture is very political and cliquish with key IT leaders that worked together previously. IT leadership seems incapable of long-term planning, not sure why because they are intelligent. Women and minorities are underrepresented in leadership across the organization.

9. "Analyst"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the fore-front of Healthcare analytics. Collaborative environment.

Cons

Frequent reorganizations and changes in managers

Advice to Management

On right track finally.

"PMO"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is a great organization with a wonderful mission. The senior leadership team is approachable and very engaged. I like and respect my colleagues and think Press Ganey employs competent and experienced professionals. I also feel that my compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

One thing that adds stress is constant changes in the organization especially in Senior leadership which are accompanied by changes in reporting structure, strategy and direction. The changes are not minor and result in major shifts in methodology, job requirements and responsibilities.