Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 30, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Requested Review"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

business mode, benevolence, relevance, access to executives.

Cons

Complicated and operationally challenged, simplify the results and access to them...

Advice to Management

Thought leadership focus as driver.

"Great exposure to hospital operations"

Former Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Advisor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PG offers tremendous learning opportunities - almost feel like you should be paying them for the education (until you spend 200 nights on the road).

Cons

Lots of change as company has evolved into a multi-faceted organization. Lots of stuff going on internally and sometimes clients can see it through miscommunication and dropped balls. Sales rule.

Advice to Management

Pay your advisors more money! They work their tails off and have huge impact on relationship retention.Why should sales get all the monetary reward when all they do is process the renewal?

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for - great health benefits, 401K, bonus potential and recognition. The company offers a nice array of opportunities for growth and development as well as tuition reimbursement. The company is large but the Executive Staff is highly engaged.

Cons

Due to the size of the organization, oftentimes virtual employees are not recognized as much as those in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Continue working towards the mission of PG. Please be sure to train your managers before promoting them to management. It would be great to have mentors for each employee to ensure everyone is allowed the opportunity to succeed!

"Layoff happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers good, very specialized, experience in the short-term.

Cons

Likes to layoff entire departments at a time. A lot of people's jobs just up and disappear. Would not recommend for long-term career paths. The disappearance of departments also puts a strain on other departments.

Advice to Management

It is profitable to replace positions filled by people with technology, but I would advise such a high turnover rate among people at least be looked into.

Press Ganey Response

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback and especially for your service over the past 3+ years. Press Ganey is committed to cultivating ongoing professional development at all levels and recognize how essential... More

"A mixed, messy bag."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A corner on their market.
    - Flexible hours,
    - Yearly Employee Bonuses.
    - Great HR support for employees.
    - Great Benefits
    - Employees care about each other.
    - Plenty of work to do.
    - Meaningful work.

Cons

- Aging data infrastructure.
    - Incredibly siloed departments.
    - Arbitrary management choices & deadlines
    - Corporate dog and pony show meetings that repeatedly rebrand existing initiatives.
    - Work is frequently thrown away
    - Work is frequently trapped in bureaucratic limbo, being both funded and not funded.
    - Employees don't have enough training, leading to crazy-quilt solutions that are not evaluated for the level of risk they present.
    - "Your desk is frequently on fire", (frequent choatic show-stopper emergencies that prevent the real work from getting done.)
    - Leadership very disconnected from employees.
    - Employee reviews follow a strange, abstract template that has very little meaning to all involved.

Advice to Management

You guys have your challenges like any other company, so I wish you well.. The Cons above are seen in various departments (not just one job type). There is so much potential for this company if the right choices are made. Hopefully this feedback will help you.

My own advice:

- Get realistic about your business processes.
    - Assimilate your disparate teams and their processes.
    - Set your process management people up for success, stop under-staffing them.
    - Listen to your employees, not just management. They are constantly telling you that the work needs to be correctly.
    - Invest in Quality Control. (outside of the survey distribution part of the business). This means pay more attention to long term.
    - Actually follow the Agile methodology the company promotes.
           - Don't set dates up in advance, get realistic estimates first.

- Invest in training for your employees.

6. "Outstanding people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some of the brightest and most dedicated people when I worked here. I hope they continue to do great work to improve the patient experience.

Cons

Communication between departments is inconsistent depending on which groups you work with.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - there is so much talent at PG. Promote within and make sure top talent has opportunities or they will find them elsewhere.

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most department have flexible hours, have full health, dental and vision benefits. Everyone is easy to get along with and there is great team work. Location is great!

Cons

Communication is sometimes slow within the department. Some department do not receive the recognition they deserve.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed about what is going on with and within the department. Please be flexible, life happens. Please recognize your employees

"Great Place to Work with Great Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company mission that guides the everyday work. Press Ganey is in an exciting period of growth and there are many opportunities for talented, passionate people. Great opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted several times in my 3 1/2 years with the company. The people in the organization are wonderful and collaborative. Overall good benefits package, and many positions work remotely from their home office. This option has been such a perk for me. Direct managers are truly leaders and don't micro-manage employees. Employees are given autonomy.

Cons

The medical insurance plan options could be better. The travel required for some positions can lead to long days.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and communicative as the company grows and evolves.

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Press Ganey Response

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review. This year, there have been a... More

10. "Industry leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader. Constantly changing to meet and exceed industry standards. Exciting work environment. Engaged, thoughtful leadership.

Cons

located in South Bend, IN. Public company but no employee stock purchase program.