Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 30, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Mission-Driven Organization"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Current executive leadership sets a positive tone for the organization and makes business decisions consistent with the company mission to reduce patient suffering; CEO is approachable and makes an effort to communicate regularly with employees; Management is empowering and values the skills and talents of the team; Employees are professional and committed to high-quality work; In my department, autonomy and creativity are encouraged; Family time is valued--I have never had an issue when I needed time off (even at the last minute) for a family issue or event

Cons

My department manager does an excellent job managing team workloads, but this is not necessarily the case in all departments; The company recently started an excellent internal mentoring program for employees--I'd like to see even more company-wide opportunities for professional growth and leadership development

Advice to Management

Management should consider networking with each other, and also look externally, to identify best practices for team workload management. Press Ganey has many hard-working employees committed to high-quality who will work themselves to burnout to get the work done. For whatever reason, they may feel uncomfortable voicing their concern to management, so management needs to find innovative ways to detect potential burnout and put safeguards in place for their team.

2. "Advisor"

Pros

Work form home, great clients, great teammates

Cons

at times can be a heavy caseload

Advice to Management

do whatever is necessary to keep advisors

"Lots of Stress, Is It Worth It?"

Pros

-Benefits (not that great)
    -Flexibility (comes with a price)
    -Pay (for the area, otherwise very poor)
    -People (for the most part)

Cons

This place is somewhat deceiving. Yes, you get a decent amount of PTO right from the start. No limit of sick days. These are things that most people would stay at a company for. But the moment you take a vacation or are sick for a day or two, you come back to a waterlogged inbox, with countless requests and things to get done. There is a sense of "I can't even take a day off' mindset that you start to acquire.

For people with families, this is ideal. The flexibility is great, but it comes with a cost. They try to hide the unmanageable workloads with PTO days and what seems to be an unlimited amount of sick days (that people definitely take advantage of). Employee satisfaction surveys are sent out to the employees, but it seems nothing is ever done or improved. You cannot just throw bodies at the problem when it is process and procedure issues.

Most of these people do not want to take responsibility for anything that might go wrong. There is no accountability for anything. For a company that pushes transparency, they are barely transparent with their employees. C-Suite doesn't have a clue how the company operates, let alone care. Anyone could step into an Account Management position for a day and realize there are issues with the process.

It is definitely a "drink the kool-aid" type of company. Management believes employees are expendable. That is very hard to swallow considering the learning curve when you are hired. Even someone with a healthcare background would take a good year before they know a fraction of what they are doing. You do so much work for such little recognition/compensation.

Advice to Management

Be accountable, be responsible, and stand up for your employees. This position is not expendable. Account management is one of the hardest positions in the company. Ask anyone is any other department if they would want to work in Account Management, and I will bet 90% of them say absolutely not.

Press Ganey Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you appreciate the flexibility that Press Ganey provides for our associates. This flexibility is a direct result of listening to the voices of... More

"Highs and Lows"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.

Cons

Need to address unethical practices of people in management positions. One manager is aware of drug (Marijuana) use of one associate and their unethical behavior and continues to look out for them and help them get supervisor positions in the company just because the manager doesn't know a lot about the job he manages. The supervisor did not even have the required associates degree for the previous job. It seems like a lot of people are aware of this except senior management.

Advice to Management

Mandatory drug testing for supervisors and fair promotions. Know what's going on especially if it reflects badly on the company.

"PG Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, great benefits, positive career advancement outlook

Cons

Location (South Bend, IN), employees are overworked, high stress environment

Advice to Management

Account Management is in need of review, as the role responsibilities are getting out of hand. Client relationships suffer when the Account Team is overworked.

"Patient Experience Advisor"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a great deal of flexibility in terms of structuring your time to meet your clients' needs. I've felt supported in both onboarding and during day-to-day work within my work teams. You form close bonds quickly, some of them virtual if you work remotely. The exposure and access to industry leaders is phenomenal. Opportunities to be involved, provide feedback, etc., are many.

Cons

PG is so customer-focused that it often tries to meet needs and requests with work-arounds or products that aren't quite ready for prime time, which at times can create more problems than it attempts to solve and impact on work-life balance. There's been quite a bit of growth recently, which has led to organizational growing pains and people getting stretched. I've seen life the other way, though, so given the choice, I'd prefer these sorts of problems.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to keep us informed and engaged. Though there are probably more constraints on how you can communicate since we've gone public, there's a need to connect with strategic news.

7. "5 STARS FOR PRESS GANEY"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

Pros

PG is a home grown South Bend, Indiana company that operates like a major metropolitan business. Dr. Press and Dr. Ganey got it right with the igniting idea of getting patient feedback on healthcare satisfaction. These wizards were decades ahead of their time and they, along with the current leadership, have created the leader in the industry! GO PRESS GANEY! This is truly a company with a commitment to the employee and work satisfaction. They listen, every year, to employee feedback regarding job improvement ideas AND THEY IMPLIMENT THEM! What? Who does that any more? Press Ganey is reminiscent of the way companies were run back in the 80's when employees were valued as an integral part of the success of a business and the employees are rewarded for their hard work and winning attitudes. The best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

There are no negative comments to report.

Advice to Management

Pat & Joe keep up the great work. The two of you are a winning combo and you are well loved by the PG fan club. Judy, there is not another person in this world who can do what you do with the finesse with which you do it. Literally the most valuable PG asset.

8. "Growing pains"

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, good people who care about co-workers, flexibility, good benefits, great long-term outlook

Cons

understaffed, slow to respond to workforce needs, struggle with product releases, change in culture and managing principles since going public

Advice to Management

It is understood that you want to increase revenue without an equal increase in staffing. This is healthy growth, but there has to be balance and right now we are out of balance.

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

10. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.