Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 13, 2017

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Advice to Management

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

"Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

"Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome."

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues

"Starting to reap the rewards from a lot of change and hard work"

Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to work with our clients to improve the quality of healthcare. After a period of transition, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer every day. If we continue to work hard, the rewards are now clear to all of us.

Cons

The recent transition required much hard work and I think perhaps the vision was not always clear to those underneath senior management. Communication at all levels has improved greatly in the past year. Keep that up and keep rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improved communication and rewarding effective associates at all levels.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people, great field, hard work will pay off

Cons

undergoing transition, so tough to know where you stand at times

8. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people working for Press Ganey are great and the benefits are pretty good. Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes with leadership with some long time employees recently leaving the company. I think these changes could have been communicated better. Another con is that the company has multiple office locations and some workers in the same team never meet in person, which is difficult for building working relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

"Very satisfied with my experience at PG"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.

10. "Great business with strong history, bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

Cons

To use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Advice to Management

Continue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!

11. "exciting time to work at Press Ganey"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and strong leadership
    Great company culture
    Open and honest senior leadership

Cons

Press Ganey is in a high growth phase right now, so at times work can be crazy but I know that in the end it is all worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!