Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 17, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

"Unusual Experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great. There is a lot of flexibility to take time off if needed. Not much else I can say is a pro.

Cons

Management, inconsistencies across teams, lack of ability to move up or around in the company. Thoughts and ideas aren't too valued.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that are fit to be managers. Create some consistency throughout different teams. Work on promoting from within.

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is proud to foster an associate-driven culture. As reflected by our recognition on Becker’s list of the top places to work in health care for the past three... More

"Analytics"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Nothing at all to say here

Cons

No clear team goal, lacking of team corporation

"IT Professionals need not apply"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company tells a very good story and leans heavily on what was at one time a respectable history.

Cons

The company strenuously avoids hiring IT Professionals for their IT Departments and instead require degrees in math, psychology or theology from Notre Dame or ST Mary's. They insist on training their own IT Departments which would not be bad if their training manual consisted of more than ' google it '. Everyone in the Departments are self taught so no two people have the same skill set which again could be a strength except for the high turnover rate resulting in IT Senior Management answering inquiries about difficulties with ' that person doesn't work here anymore and no one else knows how it works so we're just not going to use it anymore.' Unfortunately the companies go to response for any difficulties is to hire yet another Senior Vice President which does nothing to address the companies significant technology based difficulties.

Advice to Management

Try to see past how good an idea looks as a bullet point on your next presentation and recognize what it will actually take to make it a reality. Some times you need to look a little further than hiring another friend as Senior Management because right now it is the foundation that is crumbling and continuing to stack more and more weight at the highest level is only going to make it fall faster.

Jul 7, 2017 – HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and take the hiring of our skilled professionals seriously in every department, including IT. We have a thorough and thoughtful recruitment process that combines... More

"Blind leading the blind"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Committed and passionate employees who are trying to do the best they can with limited resources

Cons

Leaders trying to lead with little to no real leadership or heath care experience
    Sales Is the only thing that matters

Advice to Management

Stop getting rid of the people who actually have leadership experience and have worked in healthcare.

Oct 19, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our associates are the heart of our organization, and the reason why our clients view us as a trusted partner in their mission to improve health care. The vast majority... More

"Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance team.. Best Contract team I have ever worked with- they are tireless and meticiulous. Very responsive Account Management team.

Cons

This company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails that every employee is on- is ridiculous- way too much unnecessary information on a continuous basis -with no strategy or thought to make changes. If you encourage change- you are frowned upon for speaking up.

Upper management is the problem here -from Sr. VP down to VP. A different approach or change is discouraged in this company. This management style and culture would work better in a repetitive environment- such as a factory or assembly line- but a challenge a market where the competition is far more innovative and streamlined than PG.

Marketing and Product Management - no changes in messaging or product ingeunity . Total lack of creativity. In more than 18 mos- 1 new feature- Quick Reports- that was a tiny improvement in the solution- Too much data, too little openness to change or streamlining- and sales leadreship churns through new business sales on a regular basis, (people are not aware they are gone for months.) As a result, ZERO sales growth and competition is eating away at the PG market share- ( PG's pride and joy.).

Many of us had high hopes for Pat Ryan and his new managment team to bring change. Pat Ryan is personable, charasmitic, intersting person. Unfortunately, he is one person who can't change the biggest challenge of all- Press Ganey internal team who have been there far too long and think continue the way we have always worked and everything will be fine. In this changing market- this lack of foresigth and vision will continue to erode PG's business. And no amount of analytics, 300 page reports, or PhD statisticians will be able to fix this slow moving, red -tape company. They are their own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Advice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity won't be able to change the "Stepford" mentality (responding to clients, product, and sales the same way we have always done.) and lackluster performance until an overhaul of internal change is done. If factory, assembly-line mentality work is for you with tons of emails to always read- this is the place !

"Strong on cultural commitment thru Sr. Management not dedicated to employees or improving product reliability"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The organization is a highly influential industry competitor, and directly helps the South Bend community with a cultural commitment and focus that is unsurpassed. This is a direct result of operational efforts to improve brand reliability.

Cons

Sr. Management overlooks the leadership qualities and capabilities in employees and prefers to bring in outside leadership rather than provide opportunities for internal staffers. More importantly, leadership is quick to downgrade top executives in favor of outside management as a result of an ineffective belief that such tactics might improve the organization's diminishing credibility in their industry. For instance, replacing the COO was a horrible and damaging business decision. The organization's "good 'ol boy" mentality is the only reason the previous COO was not terminated - it was obvious that operations was failing under inneffective leadership sowed with distrust, and misalignment to clearly established company goals and values - but instead a new COO was brought in (instead of brought up from internally) to "fix" the damages, and the previous COO was promoted to President of Operations.

Prospective employees are shown smoke and mirrors to establish that the organization cares for its employees with a deep commitment and likewise is extremely customer focused to the point that clients always talk to a live person when they call the company rather than talk to an automation system. On the surface this seems like the perfect type of company to work for - family centric, employee driven, customer focused - except - behind the smoke and mirrors is a close-minded, distrustful, stagnant, and transactional autocratic leadership where leaders rule by fear and consequences.

Employees cannot express concerns with leadership without fear of serious reprecussions including immediate termination, which is just another fear tactic to help ensure that internal operations runs smoothly and successfully.

Advice to Management

Trust in your own employees and cease the practice of bringing in outside leadership as a perceived solution at solving inefficiencies in management - especially when you've tried and failed at bringing in multiple outside leadership multiple times in a short period of time, none of which has been effective!

"Was a great company to work for"

Pros

Still has some great people doing some good things.

Cons

Very little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Advice to Management

Don't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.

"Disapointing"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Benefits, hours flexibility.Able to work remotely.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Cut throat, cold working environment.

Advice to Management

Be Human.

"Great if you are an executive...."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, I don't do a lot and I get my personal things done.

Cons

Bad pay,I basically am a high paid nanny, maid.