Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"RD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money but don't be fooled by the offer, you will be required to work 24/7 and that won't be enough

Cons

Dishonest leadership, no work life balance, punitive culture, lack of leadership accountability, lots of turnover, technology highly inferior to competitors, massive workload, highly toxic environment, need I say more?

Advice to Management

Gain a better understanding of what's happening at the local level, practice what you preach-implement the employee engagement strategies you teach clients at your org, it would go a long way to improving the culture

Press Ganey Response

Mar 3, 2017 – Chief People Officer

At Press Ganey we view our own culture with the same high level of commitment and focus as our clients. Through our own engagement solution, we regularly solicit feedback and measure our performance ... More

2. "Leader in the field"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Leader in the field, attracts highly talented people, meaningful work

Cons

Be ready for on-going change

3. "Flexibility"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Flexibility of working from home when not traveling

Cons

High turnover of some positions

4. "Account Manager"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Good place to work at

Cons

None good place to at

Advice to Management

None

5. "Data Entry"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

can set your own hours

Cons

Lots of mandatory OT, rude supervisors, company no longer cares about employees, com,pany no longer cares about getting information accurate - it's more about quantity, then quality

Advice to Management

close.

"Slowly getting better"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an updated review - I have been at Press Ganey as both a contractor and an employee for many years now. When I got here as a contractor, everything was a mess and I had plans to leave after my projects wrapped up. Well my co-workers were amazing and won me over and the work environment slows started to improve. I ended up accepting an offer and staying.

The company has been through some dark times but I have seen a very positive change happening in the last 2 years. Change takes time, but it seems like leadership cares enough to fix things.

The job itself is great. Our area allows a flex schedule and WFH as needed. They have stepped up their game as far as compensation and offer good pay for the area, decent benefits, and very generous PTO. Vacation starts with 3 weeks and you get 4 personal days. The work is interesting with many challenging problems to solve.

A lot of people left in the last few years but there are still some really smart people around here. The overall company mission is good and many people seem to really be passionate about their work.

Cons

Many growing pains in the last few years. Workload is coming down but it is still extremely high. We are working to reduce meetings in our group but there are still tons of them.

We have had lots of turnover in the last couple years and positions were refilled with contractors. Some consulting agencies we use are excellent but some of them are totally incompetent, wasting a lot of time.

Also, we have been promised a new workspace for years and it hasn't happened. Our floor is cold and overcrowded and the open plan offices are excessively noisy and hard to focus in. At least they allow working from home to mitigate the facilities issues.

Advice to Management

No more open office plans for software developers please! It's very hard to focus with all the noise. If we are stuck with them, we need both quiet spaces and collaborative spaces.

Also just wanted to say keep up the good work trying to make improvements. Things might not be perfect but they are definitely getting better.

7. "Best company I've worked for, LOVE this company"

Former Employee - Engineer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Engineer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom
    Do what you want to get the job done, if you're productive you'll be noticed
    Great benefits
    Amazing vacation policy
    Great bonuses
    Ability to work remotely whenever need/want
    One of the best IT infrastructures in Northern IN
    Management was a pleasure to work for
    HR was really good once hired in, hiring process is slow and drawn out
    Strong financials

Cons

Very few but there is some laziness in department (see pro on production will bet you noticed)
    Execs are out of touch w their employees

Advice to Management

Execs need to stay more involved w their employees. CEO is very out of touch w employees for a smaller company (less than 2000 employees)

8. "Decent company for experienced professionals, but expect to wear multiple hats."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Vacation/PTO, work from home.

Cons

Lot of changes in the management.

"Great mission, poor & old-fashioned culture"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company has an amazing mission to improve patient experience and reduce suffering. It's something anyone could get behind. I met some incredibly intelligent and genuine people during my time. PG is very respected in the health care world.

Cons

The company culture is horrible and stuck in the 80s. It's an older company with many tenured employees that would not last a second in another company in a major city like Boston or New York, but remain at PG because of politics. These individuals are not open to change (if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality) Not a fast-paced or innovative environment and I did not witness very much teamwork or collaboration. The focus of the organization is on impressing important clients with little to no focus on improving the culture and the happiness of employees.

Advice to Management

Take a lesson from cutting edge industries like technology when it comes to hiring and maintaining great talent. Caring for employees should be a top priority. Also, address the South Bend issue. There are some incredibly unqualified, unmotivated employees that have been around forever that create a toxic environment for new individuals coming in, looking to make a positive impact on the organization.

Press Ganey Response

Dec 20, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. Just as Press Ganey is dedicated to our mission to reduce patient and caregiver suffering, we are equally committed to continuous improvement and innovation within our ... More

10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work life balance. get time off whenever I need. Great team environment and work order. I really enjoy most of what I do here.

Cons

high ups change often. Don't always feel a place for upward mobility. The team environments could be a little bit more collaborative.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a good job. They are finally starting to see where things need to move and how to get them going in that direction.