Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated August 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work life balance. get time off whenever I need. Great team environment and work order. I really enjoy most of what I do here.

Cons

high ups change often. Don't always feel a place for upward mobility. The team environments could be a little bit more collaborative.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a good job. They are finally starting to see where things need to move and how to get them going in that direction.

"PMO - Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are many highly talented people who are deeply committed to Press Ganey's mission. The organization is fluid and dynamic which I found exciting and stressful. To succeed one must be thick-skinned. Most people have a great deal of integrity in their work and relationships.

Cons

My group has experienced a great deal of turnover in leadership which led to multiple changes in processes and priorities. The culture is very political and cliquish with key IT leaders that worked together previously. IT leadership seems incapable of long-term planning, not sure why because they are intelligent. Women and minorities are underrepresented in leadership across the organization.

3. "Analyst"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the fore-front of Healthcare analytics. Collaborative environment.

Cons

Frequent reorganizations and changes in managers

Advice to Management

On right track finally.

"Great Benefits! (IF you ever get to use them)"

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home with flexible hours.

Cons

The excellent benefits that entice employees to work there, such as immediate vacation, can rarely be used unless you are willing to "work the system" (call off sick and after all sick days are used, it will automatically count against your vacation). Pay is low and often misrepresented.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and realistic with candidates and new hires regarding benefits and pay.

"Account management"

Pros

The PTO and Sick time is great and the flexible schedule when needed especially for those with a family

Cons

You are expected to check emails respond etc. when out and if not then there is that much more you have to address. The lack of management skills that the company has as a whole is lacking, not one department operates with the same standard. The turn over in management and upper management is startling along with the numerous added upper management roles, Press Ganey is very top heavy

"PMO"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Press Ganey is a great organization with a wonderful mission. The senior leadership team is approachable and very engaged. I like and respect my colleagues and think Press Ganey employs competent and experienced professionals. I also feel that my compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

One thing that adds stress is constant changes in the organization especially in Senior leadership which are accompanied by changes in reporting structure, strategy and direction. The changes are not minor and result in major shifts in methodology, job requirements and responsibilities.

7. "Great fit, room to grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are terrific. There are many opportunities for growth. Those that are leaders during change will do well here. Very exciting time at the company.

Cons

Change mentioned in "pros" section can be hard to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Compared to other account team members, AMs are underpaid.

"Mission-Driven Organization"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Current executive leadership sets a positive tone for the organization and makes business decisions consistent with the company mission to reduce patient suffering; CEO is approachable and makes an effort to communicate regularly with employees; Management is empowering and values the skills and talents of the team; Employees are professional and committed to high-quality work; In my department, autonomy and creativity are encouraged; Family time is valued--I have never had an issue when I needed time off (even at the last minute) for a family issue or event

Cons

My department manager does an excellent job managing team workloads, but this is not necessarily the case in all departments; The company recently started an excellent internal mentoring program for employees--I'd like to see even more company-wide opportunities for professional growth and leadership development

Advice to Management

Management should consider networking with each other, and also look externally, to identify best practices for team workload management. Press Ganey has many hard-working employees committed to high-quality who will work themselves to burnout to get the work done. For whatever reason, they may feel uncomfortable voicing their concern to management, so management needs to find innovative ways to detect potential burnout and put safeguards in place for their team.

9. "Advisor"

Pros

Work form home, great clients, great teammates

Cons

at times can be a heavy caseload

Advice to Management

do whatever is necessary to keep advisors

"Lots of Stress, Is It Worth It?"

Pros

-Benefits (not that great)
    -Flexibility (comes with a price)
    -Pay (for the area, otherwise very poor)
    -People (for the most part)

Cons

This place is somewhat deceiving. Yes, you get a decent amount of PTO right from the start. No limit of sick days. These are things that most people would stay at a company for. But the moment you take a vacation or are sick for a day or two, you come back to a waterlogged inbox, with countless requests and things to get done. There is a sense of "I can't even take a day off' mindset that you start to acquire.

For people with families, this is ideal. The flexibility is great, but it comes with a cost. They try to hide the unmanageable workloads with PTO days and what seems to be an unlimited amount of sick days (that people definitely take advantage of). Employee satisfaction surveys are sent out to the employees, but it seems nothing is ever done or improved. You cannot just throw bodies at the problem when it is process and procedure issues.

Most of these people do not want to take responsibility for anything that might go wrong. There is no accountability for anything. For a company that pushes transparency, they are barely transparent with their employees. C-Suite doesn't have a clue how the company operates, let alone care. Anyone could step into an Account Management position for a day and realize there are issues with the process.

It is definitely a "drink the kool-aid" type of company. Management believes employees are expendable. That is very hard to swallow considering the learning curve when you are hired. Even someone with a healthcare background would take a good year before they know a fraction of what they are doing. You do so much work for such little recognition/compensation.

Advice to Management

Be accountable, be responsible, and stand up for your employees. This position is not expendable. Account management is one of the hardest positions in the company. Ask anyone is any other department if they would want to work in Account Management, and I will bet 90% of them say absolutely not.

Press Ganey Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you appreciate the flexibility that Press Ganey provides for our associates. This flexibility is a direct result of listening to the voices of... More