Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Executive Leadership focused on improving patient experience

Cons

Territory re-assignments caused uncertainty with customers and did no allow sales to establish long-term relationships.

3. "Great Business Value"

Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great business value to improve healthcare quality and lead the patient voice market with innovation spirit

Cons

Goals and directions sometimes changed too fast

"Phone center Rep."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime is encouraged. extra hours always available. They feed you breakfast and lunch on the weekends. You are always trained before taking on a new task.

Cons

Outbound automated calls so customers are not always happy to be getting called. you might get the feeling that your conversation is being heard by someone else on the spot so that might make you a bit nervous if you are a new employee

Advice to Management

You should collaborate with the hospital staff in getting deceased patients out of the system so that they dont get called. the families of the deceased are still grieving and get very upset when they hear we are calling asking for the deceased patient.

6. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PG is a large, healthy company that is working to improve healthcare throughout the world. Its rewarding to be part of this team.

Cons

Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.

7. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second ... More

8. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

Culture
    Teamwork
    Caring Environment
    Passion about what we do
    Thriving organization

Cons

None -- I love everything about my job and the people with whom I work

Aug 27, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Press Ganey!

10. "10 year review"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is very progressive. Has good benefits in time off for sick personal and vacation time. I feel proud to say I work f or Press Ganey and how we have helped to change health care for the better.

Cons

I work in a very large department, and it is very difficult to get time off when needed. And working from home there is no real socialization with my fellow co-workers.

Advice to Management

Decisions seem to be made for us without any input from us or without any fore warning. We have no say in how things are run. And the Higher management does not interact with us. At one company lunch they came in sat down ate and left without interacting with any of us.

11. "General"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Committed to improving the patient experience. A lot of expertise within the company.

Cons

Very very long hours. Typically have to deal with work even if you're on vacation.

Advice to Management

Allow all levels of employees to have an uninterrupted vacation to avoid burn out.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We know everyone deserves a relaxing break after working very hard throughout the year, so we'll continue to identify opportunities for cross-training within departments so ... More