Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Slaughterhouse!"

Former Employee - Sales Director in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Director in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros.

Cons

Before it was bought out by an equity firm, it was a very good culture. After the buyout, many employees were let go on a regular basis for no reasons given.

Advice to Management

Learn how to appreciate the employees that support you.

Apr 28, 2017 – HR Director

At Press Ganey, we’re proud of the culture that you referenced and that is reflected by our recognition on Becker’s list of the top places to work in healthcare, but we’re sorry you didn’t feel that... More

"good for this position to work projects"

Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

good climate to work for this company and employees

Cons

excellent authoties behavioue and company locatoin also

"reporting manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

the vision to reduce the patient suffering and improve healthcare quality

Cons

Constant organization change and unbalanced like between life and work

Advice to Management

Focus more on long term goals

"Conflicting messages, frequent turnover in leadership"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to contribute to improving patient experience

Decent benefits

Flexibility to work from home (for some positions)

Cons

Leadership message to associates is that the client's needs come first; the reality is, sales/profits come first.

Constant change in senior management and leadership lead to a serious lack of any sense of stability.

Many products are utilizing outdated technology; it is difficult to remain an advocate for the company and recommend products when competitors have solutions that are light years ahead.

Advice to Management

Recognize that investments (and occasionally short term loss) are necessary for long term and sustained growth, and to remain competitive in the market.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is committed to delivering industry leading service and innovative solutions to our clients. We’re also proud of the long-term client relationships that... More

5. "Leader in the field"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Leader in the field, attracts highly talented people, meaningful work

Cons

Be ready for on-going change

6. "Flexibility"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Flexibility of working from home when not traveling

Cons

High turnover of some positions

"RD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money but don't be fooled by the offer, you will be required to work 24/7 and that won't be enough

Cons

Dishonest leadership, no work life balance, punitive culture, lack of leadership accountability, lots of turnover, technology highly inferior to competitors, massive workload, highly toxic environment, need I say more?

Advice to Management

Gain a better understanding of what's happening at the local level, practice what you preach-implement the employee engagement strategies you teach clients at your org, it would go a long way to improving the culture

Mar 3, 2017 – Chief People Officer

At Press Ganey we view our own culture with the same high level of commitment and focus as our clients. Through our own engagement solution, we regularly solicit feedback and measure our performance... More

8. "Account Manager"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Good place to work at

Cons

None good place to at

Advice to Management

None

"Slowly getting better"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an updated review - I have been at Press Ganey as both a contractor and an employee for many years now. When I got here as a contractor, everything was a mess and I had plans to leave after my projects wrapped up. Well my co-workers were amazing and won me over and the work environment slows started to improve. I ended up accepting an offer and staying.

The company has been through some dark times but I have seen a very positive change happening in the last 2 years. Change takes time, but it seems like leadership cares enough to fix things.

The job itself is great. Our area allows a flex schedule and WFH as needed. They have stepped up their game as far as compensation and offer good pay for the area, decent benefits, and very generous PTO. Vacation starts with 3 weeks and you get 4 personal days. The work is interesting with many challenging problems to solve.

A lot of people left in the last few years but there are still some really smart people around here. The overall company mission is good and many people seem to really be passionate about their work.

Cons

Many growing pains in the last few years. Workload is coming down but it is still extremely high. We are working to reduce meetings in our group but there are still tons of them.

We have had lots of turnover in the last couple years and positions were refilled with contractors. Some consulting agencies we use are excellent but some of them are totally incompetent, wasting a lot of time.

Also, we have been promised a new workspace for years and it hasn't happened. Our floor is cold and overcrowded and the open plan offices are excessively noisy and hard to focus in. At least they allow working from home to mitigate the facilities issues.

Advice to Management

No more open office plans for software developers please! It's very hard to focus with all the noise. If we are stuck with them, we need both quiet spaces and collaborative spaces.

Also just wanted to say keep up the good work trying to make improvements. Things might not be perfect but they are definitely getting better.

"Best company I've worked for, LOVE this company"

Former Employee - Engineer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Engineer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom
    Do what you want to get the job done, if you're productive you'll be noticed
    Great benefits
    Amazing vacation policy
    Great bonuses
    Ability to work remotely whenever need/want
    One of the best IT infrastructures in Northern IN
    Management was a pleasure to work for
    HR was really good once hired in, hiring process is slow and drawn out
    Strong financials

Cons

Very few but there is some laziness in department (see pro on production will bet you noticed)
    Execs are out of touch w their employees

Advice to Management

Execs need to stay more involved w their employees. CEO is very out of touch w employees for a smaller company (less than 2000 employees)