Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Investing in the Future."

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

2. "Good"

Current Intern - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place for interns. Interns get really project practice and guidance. Team work driven. Open office and people are really nice each other.

Cons

Nothing here! Because I'm just an intern and stayed for like less than 5 months, I don't have much opportunity to get in touch with higher management team.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Press Ganey Response

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

5. "A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

6. "Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Advice to Management

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

"Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

"• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

"Changing the future of healthcare"

Current Intern - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA
    Current Intern - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey does a very good job of making every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. Since joining Press Ganey, I have been able to meet all levels of management to directors all the way to the CEO. Everyone that works at Press Ganey work hard each day in order to help shape the future of the healthcare industry.

Cons

Most people that work at Press Ganey do not spend every day in the office and most employees will work from home, which can give a very empty feeling in the office space.

Advice to Management

In order to create a better office atmosphere weekly office meetings might be helpful. Meetings could have each person in the office share what they are working on. It can be a good way to get people more comfortable with each rather then separated.

"Great people to work with and wonderful clients"

Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

Cons

Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

Advice to Management

I am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

"Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome."

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.