Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Ability to move up within the company and within departments
    Great Benefits
    Great Management Team
    Pres Ganey Empowers you to succeed if you are willing to put the work in

Cons

Potential for long or weekend hours at times although this is rare and usually project based.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Empower the employees.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I hope that Press Ganey continues to challenge you and present opportunities this year as we continue our mission to help clients reduce patient suffering. We appreciate ... More

"PMO"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work that matters: The work I do matters to the growth of the organization and there is tremendous respect and recognition to the work I do. It also adds value from the customer point of view, as the work I do drives the customer deliverable.

2. Innovation: Press Ganey is driving Innovation in the healthcare industry through its thoughtful strategies and expertise. It is always exciting to be working for a company where they value Innovation and spend on Innovation. There is a culture to appreciate new ideas and the management values new approaches and ideas to be successful in this challenging and every changing market.

3. Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good work-life balance. The company is flexible with its work policy and there is no micro-management, and a great deal of trust is shown on the employees.

Cons

Change is constant, and sometimes there is more change than required. But these are growing pains for an organization which is expanding by leaps and bounds.

Advice to Management

1) Don't be so reactive to market.
    2) Try to do whatever it takes to keep good talent.
    3) Keep doing what you are doing

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. We'll continue to keep the lines of communication open, especially since we are focused on adapting to the constant changes going on within the industry. I'm happy to hear ... More

3. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

Culture
    Teamwork
    Caring Environment
    Passion about what we do
    Thriving organization

Cons

None -- I love everything about my job and the people with whom I work

Aug 27, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Press Ganey!

5. "Managing Engagement Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

Pros

- get to do a job I love
     - great resources
     - talented employees
     - mission of the organization

Cons

- workload is very stressful
     - keeping up with new knowledge is tough

Advice to Management

do a better job with caseload distribution, make better efforts to recognize the client facing staff...not just talk about the execs all the time.

6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PG is a large, healthy company that is working to improve healthcare throughout the world. Its rewarding to be part of this team.

Cons

Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.

7. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second ... More

8. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is an exciting company to work for! I get to work with many talented and knowledgeable colleagues, from whom I learn something new every day, all while making a difference for patients and their families. Press Ganey provides development and career advancement opportunities for employees, and staff begin to feel like your family away from home. This is a very supportive environment in which to work.

Cons

Although not necessarily a "con", our environment is constantly changing and evolving, as is the nature of healthcare. To be truly successful working for Press Ganey, one should really embrace change and be comfortable not being 100% comfortable every day.

"Phone center Rep."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime is encouraged. extra hours always available. They feed you breakfast and lunch on the weekends. You are always trained before taking on a new task.

Cons

Outbound automated calls so customers are not always happy to be getting called. you might get the feeling that your conversation is being heard by someone else on the spot so that might make you a bit nervous if you are a new employee

Advice to Management

You should collaborate with the hospital staff in getting deceased patients out of the system so that they dont get called. the families of the deceased are still grieving and get very upset when they hear we are calling asking for the deceased patient.

"Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment! It feels almost like a family when I come to the office. I'm happy to see everyone and people happy to see me.
    Possibility work from home. I live about 40 ml away from the office and that possibility don't drive every day when traffic is just terrible is very good.
    Health activities. We have fruits in our office every day, wellness committee that organize some healthy events and walking buddies for lunch time. :)
    Company celebrations and picnics. (That is always good :) )

Cons

Old building and as a result hot/cold temperature in the office.
    Not very much space to grow professionally.