Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We supported, even embraced, numerous changes, even when they negatively impacted our work-life balance over the years (in 5 reviews)

• Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

"Dr. Press & Dr. Ganey would be extremely disappointed!"

Former Employee - Patient Experience Advisor
    Former Employee - Patient Experience Advisor

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, very intelligent. Care deeply about customers. Employees are trying to do what is right for customers.

Cons

VERY, VERY, TOP HEAVy with regard to overpaid executives. Lots of layers between top and the "worker bees". Expectation to work weekends and even while on vacation. COO is proud of the fact that he, nor the CEO, have ever been away from their phones or email for even a day. Management team has taken their eye off the ball and other companies are getting a leg up.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees. Listen to what they say. The award for being a top place to work is a joke.

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review. This year, there have been a ... More

"Layoff happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers good, very specialized, experience in the short-term.

Cons

Likes to layoff entire departments at a time. A lot of people's jobs just up and disappear. Would not recommend for long-term career paths. The disappearance of departments also puts a strain on other departments.

Advice to Management

It is profitable to replace positions filled by people with technology, but I would advise such a high turnover rate among people at least be looked into.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback and especially for your service over the past 3+ years. Press Ganey is committed to cultivating ongoing professional development at all levels and recognize how essential ... More

"Could be better.."

Pros

My immediate teammates, the flexibility and PTO.

Cons

Complaints and concerns are not addressed, workload is beyond manageable, department heads are never seen nor heard, basically just have to keep your head down and keep quiet because nothing will change. Either have to decide to deal with it, or quit. I am dealing with it because even though the pay is low for the massive workload & expectations, it's unfortunately competitive for this area.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees more and image less.

Apr 11, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you appreciate the flexibility and other benefits that Press Ganey provides. Benefits such as these are the direct result of listening to the voices of ... More

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

fellow engineers are technically competent and work well together

Cons

IT management very incompetent & treat employees poorly
    No process after being in business 30 yrs & no desire to change
    Frequent management turnover

Advice to Management

Treat employees better
    Move processes & technology into 21st century

8. "Data Entry"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

can set your own hours

Cons

Lots of mandatory OT, rude supervisors, company no longer cares about employees, com,pany no longer cares about getting information accurate - it's more about quantity, then quality

Advice to Management

close.

"RD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money but don't be fooled by the offer, you will be required to work 24/7 and that won't be enough

Cons

Dishonest leadership, no work life balance, punitive culture, lack of leadership accountability, lots of turnover, technology highly inferior to competitors, massive workload, highly toxic environment, need I say more?

Advice to Management

Gain a better understanding of what's happening at the local level, practice what you preach-implement the employee engagement strategies you teach clients at your org, it would go a long way to improving the culture

Mar 3, 2017 – Chief People Officer

At Press Ganey we view our own culture with the same high level of commitment and focus as our clients. Through our own engagement solution, we regularly solicit feedback and measure our performance ... More

"The emperor has no clothes"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the company- to help improve healthcare - used to mean something, now its been distorted.

Cons

The company began its freefall in the first quarter of this year when the latest management took the reins. Executive staff were terminated and the spaces left filled with past work cronies and relatives, many with little to no healthcare experience to qualify them. In less than six months, the company's client base has shrunk, products have failed and many, many qualified people have left. It's really odd that the board has let them continue when we haven't seen any positive results to date.

They talk a lot about respect but they don't seem to practice what they preach. Their attitude is condescending, patronizing and even degrading at times. Everyone seems to be overworked and micromanaged to the point that morale has reached subterranean levels. Not to mention, it looks like they are switching everything to be out of Chicago or Boston since they have new office spaces they are looking to fill. Raises the question if South Bend will just turn into some sort of service bureau with the company headquartered somewhere else... they don't seem to want to fill any new positions from within.

Advice to Management

Change is good. But changing things just to change is ignorant. Take some time to learn about a company, its dynamics, strengths and weaknesses before assuming you know better. You are throwing away the expertise and dedication that helped Press Ganey survive for over 25 years.

"Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance team.. Best Contract team I have ever worked with- they are tireless and meticiulous. Very responsive Account Management team.

Cons

This company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails that every employee is on- is ridiculous- way too much unnecessary information on a continuous basis -with no strategy or thought to make changes. If you encourage change- you are frowned upon for speaking up.

Upper management is the problem here -from Sr. VP down to VP. A different approach or change is discouraged in this company. This management style and culture would work better in a repetitive environment- such as a factory or assembly line- but a challenge a market where the competition is far more innovative and streamlined than PG.

Marketing and Product Management - no changes in messaging or product ingeunity . Total lack of creativity. In more than 18 mos- 1 new feature- Quick Reports- that was a tiny improvement in the solution- Too much data, too little openness to change or streamlining- and sales leadreship churns through new business sales on a regular basis, (people are not aware they are gone for months.) As a result, ZERO sales growth and competition is eating away at the PG market share- ( PG's pride and joy.).

Many of us had high hopes for Pat Ryan and his new managment team to bring change. Pat Ryan is personable, charasmitic, intersting person. Unfortunately, he is one person who can't change the biggest challenge of all- Press Ganey internal team who have been there far too long and think continue the way we have always worked and everything will be fine. In this changing market- this lack of foresigth and vision will continue to erode PG's business. And no amount of analytics, 300 page reports, or PhD statisticians will be able to fix this slow moving, red -tape company. They are their own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Advice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity won't be able to change the "Stepford" mentality (responding to clients, product, and sales the same way we have always done.) and lackluster performance until an overhaul of internal change is done. If factory, assembly-line mentality work is for you with tons of emails to always read- this is the place !