Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 17, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

2. "Growing pains"

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, good people who care about co-workers, flexibility, good benefits, great long-term outlook

Cons

understaffed, slow to respond to workforce needs, struggle with product releases, change in culture and managing principles since going public

Advice to Management

It is understood that you want to increase revenue without an equal increase in staffing. This is healthy growth, but there has to be balance and right now we are out of balance.

3. "5 STARS FOR PRESS GANEY"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

Pros

PG is a home grown South Bend, Indiana company that operates like a major metropolitan business. Dr. Press and Dr. Ganey got it right with the igniting idea of getting patient feedback on healthcare satisfaction. These wizards were decades ahead of their time and they, along with the current leadership, have created the leader in the industry! GO PRESS GANEY! This is truly a company with a commitment to the employee and work satisfaction. They listen, every year, to employee feedback regarding job improvement ideas AND THEY IMPLIMENT THEM! What? Who does that any more? Press Ganey is reminiscent of the way companies were run back in the 80's when employees were valued as an integral part of the success of a business and the employees are rewarded for their hard work and winning attitudes. The best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

There are no negative comments to report.

Advice to Management

Pat & Joe keep up the great work. The two of you are a winning combo and you are well loved by the PG fan club. Judy, there is not another person in this world who can do what you do with the finesse with which you do it. Literally the most valuable PG asset.

"Patient Experience Advisor"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a great deal of flexibility in terms of structuring your time to meet your clients' needs. I've felt supported in both onboarding and during day-to-day work within my work teams. You form close bonds quickly, some of them virtual if you work remotely. The exposure and access to industry leaders is phenomenal. Opportunities to be involved, provide feedback, etc., are many.

Cons

PG is so customer-focused that it often tries to meet needs and requests with work-arounds or products that aren't quite ready for prime time, which at times can create more problems than it attempts to solve and impact on work-life balance. There's been quite a bit of growth recently, which has led to organizational growing pains and people getting stretched. I've seen life the other way, though, so given the choice, I'd prefer these sorts of problems.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to keep us informed and engaged. Though there are probably more constraints on how you can communicate since we've gone public, there's a need to connect with strategic news.

"PG Account Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, great benefits, positive career advancement outlook

Cons

Location (South Bend, IN), employees are overworked, high stress environment

Advice to Management

Account Management is in need of review, as the role responsibilities are getting out of hand. Client relationships suffer when the Account Team is overworked.

"Could be better.."

Pros

My immediate teammates, the flexibility and PTO.

Cons

Complaints and concerns are not addressed, workload is beyond manageable, department heads are never seen nor heard, basically just have to keep your head down and keep quiet because nothing will change. Either have to decide to deal with it, or quit. I am dealing with it because even though the pay is low for the massive workload & expectations, it's unfortunately competitive for this area.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees more and image less.

Press Ganey Response

Apr 11, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you appreciate the flexibility and other benefits that Press Ganey provides. Benefits such as these are the direct result of listening to the voices of... More

7. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close-knit, family oriented company who really cares about the employees. Positive environment focused on improving healthcare.

Cons

So much information in a constantly changing industry, sometimes difficult to get all the support we need to be proficient in all the categories.

Advice to Management

Continue down the improvement road map that has been built and we'll do great things!

"Stepping Stone to Better Jobs Elsewhere"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my department there are some opportunities to learn about various programming languages and software. We have work laptops that we can take home. Centrally located in South Bend.

Cons

The biggest problem in my experience is a lack of any kind of training. Managers receive no management training. Employees receive no training on how to use the custom software we deal with. Most of my department are self-taught programmers, which leads to various issues and problems. As a new hire, I was expected to learn everything on my own--which set me up for failure. It's like Tetris. If you don't have the basic building blocks--you have lots of holes in your knowledge. I was then criticized heavily for that by my co-workers.

Senior leadership doesn't actually know what our department does. Our department is custom for our clients' needs. We put out hundreds of custom reports every month. Yet we are treated like throw-aways.

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. So its a good work experience for people who are right out of college but the company presents no reason to stay here. They invest very little in their employees and every suggestion for training is a constant fight.

There is a lot of talk about Press Ganey being a "family" but--like most companies that say such things--its not actually practiced. If you keep your mouth shut, ignore the bad things that happen and blame others when things go wrong--then you'll be fine. But beware if you stand up for yourself--it will make you some enemies. That whole 'family' idea goes right out the window if you don't fit the mold.

Programmers are paid less than others in their field.

There is no effort to educate departments on what other departments actually do, so there are constant misunderstandings and miscommunications when departments have to collaborate.

Indicated they would replace vending machines with a healthy choices café. That did not happen. They switched vendors to folks who were more expensive and actually sold three times more junk food and pop than the vending machines did. Almost no healthy choices at all and the few that are there are three times more expensive than they should be.

Used to have a yoga/fitness class during lunch that anyone could attend. That has fallen off the wayside.

Advice to Management

More transparency : If you have a problem with an employee, you need to talk with them about it.

Treat your employees equally.

Leadership DOES matter. Its the difference between being a handler/babysitter and being a leader. When you're in a management position, you can't always be liked. A good leader is firm, fair and consistent.

Press Ganey Response

Mar 22, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you recognize the opportunities for gaining additional skills and are provided the tools to work flexibly at Press Ganey. Press Ganey is committed to... More

"Reasonable"

Pros

Acceptable benefits with reasonably flexible work hours. Management makes a considerable effort to accommodate reasonable adjustments in the employee's work-life balance.

Cons

Management still has a 'family company' mentality. Supervisors weigh decisions based on how many friends an employee has rather than just the performance of the employee. Management shows an extreme bias to long term employees and how things have been done rather than how to do thing better.

Advice to Management

Excellence is a process and not just a goal. Once achieved it requires effort to maintain. Although current processes and procedures have made the company a top performer in the field staying on top will require change and improvement.