Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close-knit, family oriented company who really cares about the employees. Positive environment focused on improving healthcare.

Cons

So much information in a constantly changing industry, sometimes difficult to get all the support we need to be proficient in all the categories.

Advice to Management

Continue down the improvement road map that has been built and we'll do great things!

"Stepping Stone to Better Jobs Elsewhere"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my department there are some opportunities to learn about various programming languages and software. We have work laptops that we can take home. Centrally located in South Bend.

Cons

The biggest problem in my experience is a lack of any kind of training. Managers receive no management training. Employees receive no training on how to use the custom software we deal with. Most of my department are self-taught programmers, which leads to various issues and problems. As a new hire, I was expected to learn everything on my own--which set me up for failure. It's like Tetris. If you don't have the basic building blocks--you have lots of holes in your knowledge. I was then criticized heavily for that by my co-workers.

Senior leadership doesn't actually know what our department does. Our department is custom for our clients' needs. We put out hundreds of custom reports every month. Yet we are treated like throw-aways.

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. So its a good work experience for people who are right out of college but the company presents no reason to stay here. They invest very little in their employees and every suggestion for training is a constant fight.

There is a lot of talk about Press Ganey being a "family" but--like most companies that say such things--its not actually practiced. If you keep your mouth shut, ignore the bad things that happen and blame others when things go wrong--then you'll be fine. But beware if you stand up for yourself--it will make you some enemies. That whole 'family' idea goes right out the window if you don't fit the mold.

Programmers are paid less than others in their field.

There is no effort to educate departments on what other departments actually do, so there are constant misunderstandings and miscommunications when departments have to collaborate.

Indicated they would replace vending machines with a healthy choices café. That did not happen. They switched vendors to folks who were more expensive and actually sold three times more junk food and pop than the vending machines did. Almost no healthy choices at all and the few that are there are three times more expensive than they should be.

Used to have a yoga/fitness class during lunch that anyone could attend. That has fallen off the wayside.

Advice to Management

More transparency : If you have a problem with an employee, you need to talk with them about it.

Treat your employees equally.

Leadership DOES matter. Its the difference between being a handler/babysitter and being a leader. When you're in a management position, you can't always be liked. A good leader is firm, fair and consistent.

Mar 22, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you recognize the opportunities for gaining additional skills and are provided the tools to work flexibly at Press Ganey. Press Ganey is committed to ... More

"Reasonable"

Pros

Acceptable benefits with reasonably flexible work hours. Management makes a considerable effort to accommodate reasonable adjustments in the employee's work-life balance.

Cons

Management still has a 'family company' mentality. Supervisors weigh decisions based on how many friends an employee has rather than just the performance of the employee. Management shows an extreme bias to long term employees and how things have been done rather than how to do thing better.

Advice to Management

Excellence is a process and not just a goal. Once achieved it requires effort to maintain. Although current processes and procedures have made the company a top performer in the field staying on top will require change and improvement.

5. "Requested Review"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

business mode, benevolence, relevance, access to executives.

Cons

Complicated and operationally challenged, simplify the results and access to them...

Advice to Management

Thought leadership focus as driver.

6. "Analyst"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great benefits! Work from home a huge plus.

Cons

Constant leadership change/reorg and shifting company directions can be hard to follow

7. "Amazing Company - Unlimited Growth Potentional"

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Work is hard, but is rewarding.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

"Layoff happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers good, very specialized, experience in the short-term.

Cons

Likes to layoff entire departments at a time. A lot of people's jobs just up and disappear. Would not recommend for long-term career paths. The disappearance of departments also puts a strain on other departments.

Advice to Management

It is profitable to replace positions filled by people with technology, but I would advise such a high turnover rate among people at least be looked into.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback and especially for your service over the past 3+ years. Press Ganey is committed to cultivating ongoing professional development at all levels and recognize how essential ... More

"Formerly great company"

Pros

There are still a lot of great people working at PG. The benefits are very good and there is a lot of flexibility in my department.

Cons

With flexibility comes the expectation that you will be available at all hours if a client needs you. In reality, there is no reason a client should need an answer to a question after 5 on Christmas Eve. We are in the survey business, this is not life or death.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like they are disposable. Tenure should mean something and you should try to keep employees. 2% raises each year do not keep up with 5% increases in daycare costs, for example. Being promoted with a 5% raise shouldn't prevent you from getting a merit increase for the next two years.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate knowing that you feel a strong sense of community and that you value the flexibility you have within your department. We are proud to partner with our ... More

10. "my review"

Pros

The friendly employee atmosphere and knowing that we are helping other people.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons at the current moment.