Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Lacked Integrity, Middle Managers and Below were awesome, though."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very open culture of sharing best practices, teamwork, and fail/succeed together. No one was ever afraid to ask another team member for help and internal training was excellent.

Flexibility in working from home, big budget for making things happen. Well managed at the middle and high-middle levels.

Cons

Senior leadership cut most good efforts off at the knees; did not protect relationship with clients when making business decisions; failed at integrating new companies and products as they were acquired. When the new CEO came on, a mass exodus of employees occurred because the company changed so much for the worse.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should be willing to spend the dollars it takes to integrate new teams successfully and deliver on the promises they make to customers.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. I agree that one of our organization's strengths is our culture of collaboration and education, and we need to ensure we embrace acquired companies and ... More

"I support the Press Ganey frontline associates"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company
    Senior leadership is very bright, engaged with clients, and understands this industry
    Client-focused organization
    Great pay and benefits
    A lot of reinvestment back into the business to improve client value realization

Cons

We work very hard (long hours and occassional weekends)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Sincere goal to comprehensively Transform Healthcare"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY

Pros

No longer simply the leading "survey company" Press Ganey is now considered a formidable thought leader in the industry having recruited such well respected experts as Dr. Tom Lee and Dr.Jim Merlino. Through development or M&A Press Ganey is making significant investments in strategic solutions that matter to clients. It's personally gratifying to meet with Senior Leaders at client organizations who see us as providing solutions, not just products

Cons

Lots of change-new colleagues,new Org structures,etc...
     It sometimes takes a while to find out who to go to for what as it's constantly evolving. But usually it results in a pleasant surprise as you are introduced to a new Subject Matter Expert or find out that something that a client needs is already under development.

Advice to Management

Schedule periodic "town halls" with just the RD's/ Frontline staff.
    We're the boots on the ground and many of us have been in healthcare a pretty long time and can provide strategic, direct feedback from client Sr. Leaders.

5. "Run Far"

Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One great female supervisor. Two great female leads. Friendly phone reps.

Cons

Management is awful. Everyone acts oblivious to the fact that it needs to change. No one will say anything to anyone because they are all friends, and do not want to step on anyone's toes. There is no such thing as a professional environment here. I enjoyed my fellow co-workers but did not enjoy being talked down to by upper staff. The phone center consists of mostly female supervisors, leads, and of course the phone reps. There are only two male leads. One is brainless and the other painstakingly thorough in the most annoying way possible, as well as moody. IF YOU'RE A HOSPITAL CONSIDERING PRESS GANEY AS YOUR SURVEYOR FORGET IT. QUANTITY OVER QUALITY HERE, unless you don't care because well, they don't either.

Advice to Management

Quit treating phone reps like garbage. You all just happened across your jobs because you were in the right place at the right time. IT JUST HAPPENED. If it weren't for certain events all you schmucks would still be on the phones or no longer working with Press Ganey. There are three good supervisors/leads I will not mention by name, but the rest of you can are unacceptably unprofessional. Oh and PATRICK T. RYAN IS A JOKE TOO.

"Investing in the Future."

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

8. "A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

9. "Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader"

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Advice to Management

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

"Not Impressed"

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great group of people working as Account Managers, and the work done to improve patient satisfaction in the health care industry is rewarding.

If you are going to work for Press Ganey the best area to get into is Patient Experience Advising role. The position has a lot of freedom. They give you a laptop and a book of business to manage/consult. The people who work on the Advising team are very much people oriented and all have bright personalities. The position is primarily remote work, so you can work from home. Great job!

Cons

Management lacks the ability to recognize talent and the company is leaning toward hiring upper level positions from outside the company instead of promoting within. The seek to keep highly qualified people in the lowest possible position they can talk the person into accepting, then keep them there and use their talents at the lower pay rate. When this company started, it was a great company. Roughly 6 years ago, the founders Dr.'s Press & Ganey (former professors of the University of Notre Dame) sold the company off and the purchasers sought to make the culture very corporate, they succeeded, but to the detriment of employee satisfaction. People fill out employee satisfaction surveys each year, but are afraid to list anything negative on the surveys, because they are "confidential but not anonymous" meaning they each have a bar-code attached that is registered to the employees name. The company has a name for discharging those who lower the employee satisfaction scores.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent when you have it & don't micromanage folks. Add some variety into the Account Management position. Press Ganey took variety away from Consultants when they transitioned into a split model with Account Managers, Advisors, and Sales Executives. Also, the building account managers sit in is windowless (except for managers who have offices lining the outside windows). I would suggest allowing some natural light into overcrowded work areas, so the moral may improve some. Lack of natural light makes people depressed and this is an obvious problem for employees at Press Ganey in South Bend, IN.

Dec 1, 2014 – Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that Press Ganey wasn’t the right fit for you. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review ... More

"Neutral about Account Manager position"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Advice to Management

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.