Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated March 27, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We supported, even embraced, numerous changes, even when they negatively impacted our work-life balance over the years (in 5 reviews)

• Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Press Ganey Response

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review. This year, there have been a ... More

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

3. "Top place to work in South Bend, Indiana"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pat Ryan and his team have done an incredible job leading PG through development, growth, and ultimately many great successes as a company. We are the thought leader in our industry. When you comes to work, you feel like you are a part of the PG family. You also get the feeling that you are making the difference in a given patient's experience with your everyday work. We get bonuses, they buy us fleeces when it's cold out, and water bottles to stay healthy. The hours can be flexible. They want you to have work life balance. We have team outings. There is recognition for hard work and successful outcomes internally. They urge us to engage with mgmt, and share our honest feedback. Then they listen to it. They offer professional development if you want it. They have a mentor program. If you want to work at a place where you feel good about what you do, you'd like to have some amount of fun, you like working on teams, and you want to feel very supported, this is the place for you. If you only choose to see the negative, and you like to complain alot instead of being a part of the solution, this may not be the place for you. There will never be a perfect job, but this comes pretty close for me.

Cons

It's really cold in the winter time here in South Bend, Indiana.

"Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment! It feels almost like a family when I come to the office. I'm happy to see everyone and people happy to see me.
    Possibility work from home. I live about 40 ml away from the office and that possibility don't drive every day when traffic is just terrible is very good.
    Health activities. We have fruits in our office every day, wellness committee that organize some healthy events and walking buddies for lunch time. :)
    Company celebrations and picnics. (That is always good :) )

Cons

Old building and as a result hot/cold temperature in the office.
    Not very much space to grow professionally.

6. "Great Business Value"

Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great business value to improve healthcare quality and lead the patient voice market with innovation spirit

Cons

Goals and directions sometimes changed too fast

"Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is an exciting company to work for! I get to work with many talented and knowledgeable colleagues, from whom I learn something new every day, all while making a difference for patients and their families. Press Ganey provides development and career advancement opportunities for employees, and staff begin to feel like your family away from home. This is a very supportive environment in which to work.

Cons

Although not necessarily a "con", our environment is constantly changing and evolving, as is the nature of healthcare. To be truly successful working for Press Ganey, one should really embrace change and be comfortable not being 100% comfortable every day.

8. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. "Managing Engagement Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

Pros

- get to do a job I love
     - great resources
     - talented employees
     - mission of the organization

Cons

- workload is very stressful
     - keeping up with new knowledge is tough

Advice to Management

do a better job with caseload distribution, make better efforts to recognize the client facing staff...not just talk about the execs all the time.

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PG is a large, healthy company that is working to improve healthcare throughout the world. Its rewarding to be part of this team.

Cons

Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.

11. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Press Ganey Response

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second ... More