Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated February 9, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

• The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Top place to work in South Bend, Indiana"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pat Ryan and his team have done an incredible job leading PG through development, growth, and ultimately many great successes as a company. We are the thought leader in our industry. When you comes to work, you feel like you are a part of the PG family. You also get the feeling that you are making the difference in a given patient's experience with your everyday work. We get bonuses, they buy us fleeces when it's cold out, and water bottles to stay healthy. The hours can be flexible. They want you to have work life balance. We have team outings. There is recognition for hard work and successful outcomes internally. They urge us to engage with mgmt, and share our honest feedback. Then they listen to it. They offer professional development if you want it. They have a mentor program. If you want to work at a place where you feel good about what you do, you'd like to have some amount of fun, you like working on teams, and you want to feel very supported, this is the place for you. If you only choose to see the negative, and you like to complain alot instead of being a part of the solution, this may not be the place for you. There will never be a perfect job, but this comes pretty close for me.

Cons

It's really cold in the winter time here in South Bend, Indiana.

"Great Place to Work with Great Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company mission that guides the everyday work. Press Ganey is in an exciting period of growth and there are many opportunities for talented, passionate people. Great opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted several times in my 3 1/2 years with the company. The people in the organization are wonderful and collaborative. Overall good benefits package, and many positions work remotely from their home office. This option has been such a perk for me. Direct managers are truly leaders and don't micro-manage employees. Employees are given autonomy.

Cons

The medical insurance plan options could be better. The travel required for some positions can lead to long days.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and communicative as the company grows and evolves.

3. "Great Company!"

Pros

Awesome people, great place to work!

Cons

Not the most exciting place to work

5. "Strong Management"

Pros

Very motivated management team. Culture has gotten significantly better over the past few years. Entrepreneurial.

Cons

Pushing into new markets will be a challenge for the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate.

6. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and people. Leadership interested in employee feedback and innovative ideas. Stimulating work for an industry leader.

Cons

Large company which leads to unnecessary bureaucracy. Can be a stressful environment at times.

7. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for - great health benefits, 401K, bonus potential and recognition. The company offers a nice array of opportunities for growth and development as well as tuition reimbursement. The company is large but the Executive Staff is highly engaged.

Cons

Due to the size of the organization, oftentimes virtual employees are not recognized as much as those in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Continue working towards the mission of PG. Please be sure to train your managers before promoting them to management. It would be great to have mentors for each employee to ensure everyone is allowed the opportunity to succeed!

8. "Amazing Company - Unlimited Growth Potentional"

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Work is hard, but is rewarding.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close-knit, family oriented company who really cares about the employees. Positive environment focused on improving healthcare.

Cons

So much information in a constantly changing industry, sometimes difficult to get all the support we need to be proficient in all the categories.

Advice to Management

Continue down the improvement road map that has been built and we'll do great things!

10. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.

11. "5 STARS FOR PRESS GANEY"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

Pros

PG is a home grown South Bend, Indiana company that operates like a major metropolitan business. Dr. Press and Dr. Ganey got it right with the igniting idea of getting patient feedback on healthcare satisfaction. These wizards were decades ahead of their time and they, along with the current leadership, have created the leader in the industry! GO PRESS GANEY! This is truly a company with a commitment to the employee and work satisfaction. They listen, every year, to employee feedback regarding job improvement ideas AND THEY IMPLIMENT THEM! What? Who does that any more? Press Ganey is reminiscent of the way companies were run back in the 80's when employees were valued as an integral part of the success of a business and the employees are rewarded for their hard work and winning attitudes. The best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

There are no negative comments to report.

Advice to Management

Pat & Joe keep up the great work. The two of you are a winning combo and you are well loved by the PG fan club. Judy, there is not another person in this world who can do what you do with the finesse with which you do it. Literally the most valuable PG asset.