Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated February 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

• The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Industry leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader. Constantly changing to meet and exceed industry standards. Exciting work environment. Engaged, thoughtful leadership.

Cons

located in South Bend, IN. Public company but no employee stock purchase program.

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Press Ganey Response

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review. This year, there have been a ... More

"Project Manager"

Pros

Fair compensation and benefits, strong attempt to integrate employees into culture, attempt to make large company feel personal and connected,big group meetings.

Cons

Communication with technology issues limited, issues with understanding the quality of database

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, listen to innovation, ideas

"Scanning Clerk level Ii"

Former Employee - Scanning Clerk in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Scanning Clerk in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, overtime available, competitive wages

Cons

High turn over of management and owners, downsizing for profits

Advice to Management

Respect long term employees

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

7. "Top place to work in South Bend, Indiana"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pat Ryan and his team have done an incredible job leading PG through development, growth, and ultimately many great successes as a company. We are the thought leader in our industry. When you comes to work, you feel like you are a part of the PG family. You also get the feeling that you are making the difference in a given patient's experience with your everyday work. We get bonuses, they buy us fleeces when it's cold out, and water bottles to stay healthy. The hours can be flexible. They want you to have work life balance. We have team outings. There is recognition for hard work and successful outcomes internally. They urge us to engage with mgmt, and share our honest feedback. Then they listen to it. They offer professional development if you want it. They have a mentor program. If you want to work at a place where you feel good about what you do, you'd like to have some amount of fun, you like working on teams, and you want to feel very supported, this is the place for you. If you only choose to see the negative, and you like to complain alot instead of being a part of the solution, this may not be the place for you. There will never be a perfect job, but this comes pretty close for me.

Cons

It's really cold in the winter time here in South Bend, Indiana.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Executive Leadership focused on improving patient experience

Cons

Territory re-assignments caused uncertainty with customers and did no allow sales to establish long-term relationships.

"Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment! It feels almost like a family when I come to the office. I'm happy to see everyone and people happy to see me.
    Possibility work from home. I live about 40 ml away from the office and that possibility don't drive every day when traffic is just terrible is very good.
    Health activities. We have fruits in our office every day, wellness committee that organize some healthy events and walking buddies for lunch time. :)
    Company celebrations and picnics. (That is always good :) )

Cons

Old building and as a result hot/cold temperature in the office.
    Not very much space to grow professionally.

10. "Great Business Value"

Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great business value to improve healthcare quality and lead the patient voice market with innovation spirit

Cons

Goals and directions sometimes changed too fast

"Dr. Press & Dr. Ganey would be extremely disappointed!"

Former Employee - Patient Experience Advisor
    Former Employee - Patient Experience Advisor

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, very intelligent. Care deeply about customers. Employees are trying to do what is right for customers.

Cons

VERY, VERY, TOP HEAVy with regard to overpaid executives. Lots of layers between top and the "worker bees". Expectation to work weekends and even while on vacation. COO is proud of the fact that he, nor the CEO, have ever been away from their phones or email for even a day. Management team has taken their eye off the ball and other companies are getting a leg up.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees. Listen to what they say. The award for being a top place to work is a joke.