Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Neutral about Account Manager position"

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Advice to Management

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

"Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

"• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

"Great people to work with and wonderful clients"

Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

Cons

Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

Advice to Management

I am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Management is friendly

Cons

Low pay based and not much room for advancement into new areas of work. Lots of negativity throughout the call center with unappreciated employees. Too focused on quantity and not focused enough on quality.

"Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, industry leader

Cons

Since new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

"Making a difference in healthcare by leveraging the unique strengths of really great people!"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The greatest satisfaction comes from knowing you can make a difference. If you have a great idea, you can run with it with blessings and support!

Cons

There are lots of moving parts and it's tough sometimes to see all the inter-related issues and impact of decisions.

Advice to Management

Please continue to push the envelope and innovate to better support our clients. Listen to them, respond to them, remember that we all work for them.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues

"A Hot Mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

"Lot's of work to come but a bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.