Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "5 STARS FOR PRESS GANEY"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

Pros

PG is a home grown South Bend, Indiana company that operates like a major metropolitan business. Dr. Press and Dr. Ganey got it right with the igniting idea of getting patient feedback on healthcare satisfaction. These wizards were decades ahead of their time and they, along with the current leadership, have created the leader in the industry! GO PRESS GANEY! This is truly a company with a commitment to the employee and work satisfaction. They listen, every year, to employee feedback regarding job improvement ideas AND THEY IMPLIMENT THEM! What? Who does that any more? Press Ganey is reminiscent of the way companies were run back in the 80's when employees were valued as an integral part of the success of a business and the employees are rewarded for their hard work and winning attitudes. The best company I've ever worked for!

Cons

There are no negative comments to report.

Advice to Management

Pat & Joe keep up the great work. The two of you are a winning combo and you are well loved by the PG fan club. Judy, there is not another person in this world who can do what you do with the finesse with which you do it. Literally the most valuable PG asset.

2. "Growing pains"

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, good people who care about co-workers, flexibility, good benefits, great long-term outlook

Cons

understaffed, slow to respond to workforce needs, struggle with product releases, change in culture and managing principles since going public

Advice to Management

It is understood that you want to increase revenue without an equal increase in staffing. This is healthy growth, but there has to be balance and right now we are out of balance.

"Desktop Support Technician"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are awesome.

Cons

Mainly dealing with the management and VIPs.

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

Regular office hours, business casual, safe and clean working environment. Good temporary to long term working through a local staffing agency.

Cons

The call center needs improvement. It seems to be a churn of people that come and go from local staffing agencies for the past few years. Not many opportunities for being hired in as a regular employee for the company.

Advice to Management

Quality would be better by being set up as a separate department, one in which when they monitor an individual they have no clue as to who that person is, only a voice on the phone which would be more professional than the current set up. The leads are not always helpful perhaps they should not be monitoring calls but leave that to a Quality department designed for a more professional tone of "Quality Monitoring". The training could definitely be updated followed up by taking reps off the phone after they have spent some time in the call center environment in lieu of learning by "failed call's". There is far more to these health care survey's than the phone call, there are other aspects of the call that need to be taken into consideration. The survey's need to be updated so that prospective survey respondent's would be more likely to take the call and complete the survey. The training could most definitely benefit from preparing the caller to the mental status of the populace you are phoning on different survey's, as it is truly not a routine phone call to complete a survey. There are far more aspects involved; you are speaking to people from all walks of life, dealing with all aspects of various illnesses, which in turn affects their reasoning, logic, and attitude towards life in general.

6. "SOlid company"

Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do the best they can to provide perks and keep good people

Cons

1) Mind-numbing job doing surveys
    2) The managers (female) behave like a flock of gossiping hens. They say inap[propriate things about the males they think are cute. While I didn;t have a huge issue with it, they do need to act more professional. Act like managers, not teenagers. However those same managers were very nice, polite and great to work with aside from that. They just said things to each other that were very inappropriate.

Advice to Management

DO NOT say inappropriate things about the males that work there. Other than that they do a great job

7. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.

"Could be better.."

Pros

My immediate teammates, the flexibility and PTO.

Cons

Complaints and concerns are not addressed, workload is beyond manageable, department heads are never seen nor heard, basically just have to keep your head down and keep quiet because nothing will change. Either have to decide to deal with it, or quit. I am dealing with it because even though the pay is low for the massive workload & expectations, it's unfortunately competitive for this area.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees more and image less.

Press Ganey Response

Apr 11, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you appreciate the flexibility and other benefits that Press Ganey provides. Benefits such as these are the direct result of listening to the voices of... More

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close-knit, family oriented company who really cares about the employees. Positive environment focused on improving healthcare.

Cons

So much information in a constantly changing industry, sometimes difficult to get all the support we need to be proficient in all the categories.

Advice to Management

Continue down the improvement road map that has been built and we'll do great things!

10. "Requested Review"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

business mode, benevolence, relevance, access to executives.

Cons

Complicated and operationally challenged, simplify the results and access to them...

Advice to Management

Thought leadership focus as driver.