Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 30, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

2. "Top place to work in South Bend, Indiana"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pat Ryan and his team have done an incredible job leading PG through development, growth, and ultimately many great successes as a company. We are the thought leader in our industry. When you comes to work, you feel like you are a part of the PG family. You also get the feeling that you are making the difference in a given patient's experience with your everyday work. We get bonuses, they buy us fleeces when it's cold out, and water bottles to stay healthy. The hours can be flexible. They want you to have work life balance. We have team outings. There is recognition for hard work and successful outcomes internally. They urge us to engage with mgmt, and share our honest feedback. Then they listen to it. They offer professional development if you want it. They have a mentor program. If you want to work at a place where you feel good about what you do, you'd like to have some amount of fun, you like working on teams, and you want to feel very supported, this is the place for you. If you only choose to see the negative, and you like to complain alot instead of being a part of the solution, this may not be the place for you. There will never be a perfect job, but this comes pretty close for me.

Cons

It's really cold in the winter time here in South Bend, Indiana.

"Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment! It feels almost like a family when I come to the office. I'm happy to see everyone and people happy to see me.
    Possibility work from home. I live about 40 ml away from the office and that possibility don't drive every day when traffic is just terrible is very good.
    Health activities. We have fruits in our office every day, wellness committee that organize some healthy events and walking buddies for lunch time. :)
    Company celebrations and picnics. (That is always good :) )

Cons

Old building and as a result hot/cold temperature in the office.
    Not very much space to grow professionally.

4. "Great Business Value"

Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Data Analytics in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great business value to improve healthcare quality and lead the patient voice market with innovation spirit

Cons

Goals and directions sometimes changed too fast

"Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is an exciting company to work for! I get to work with many talented and knowledgeable colleagues, from whom I learn something new every day, all while making a difference for patients and their families. Press Ganey provides development and career advancement opportunities for employees, and staff begin to feel like your family away from home. This is a very supportive environment in which to work.

Cons

Although not necessarily a "con", our environment is constantly changing and evolving, as is the nature of healthcare. To be truly successful working for Press Ganey, one should really embrace change and be comfortable not being 100% comfortable every day.

6. "Managing Engagement Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

Pros

- get to do a job I love
     - great resources
     - talented employees
     - mission of the organization

Cons

- workload is very stressful
     - keeping up with new knowledge is tough

Advice to Management

do a better job with caseload distribution, make better efforts to recognize the client facing staff...not just talk about the execs all the time.

7. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PG is a large, healthy company that is working to improve healthcare throughout the world. Its rewarding to be part of this team.

Cons

Much of upper management seems to be spread out across the country so they seem distant from the day to day operations.

8. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Press Ganey Response

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second... More

9. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is a good company to work for, they are flexible, understanding, 9-5 and no holidays, and have a very good reputation in the market.

Cons

The Cons I have are not about the company but about my specific role in the company. As an Account Manager the workload is so high that it makes the stress of the job sometimes overwhelming. There is a lot of turn around (most from internal promotions which is good), but it makes it hard on the AM's left behind to keep up. Since I started my workload has only grown and grown with no relief in sight. I have to work many nights and weekends. Vacations are more stressful because I know I'll be coming back to even more work. Quite frankly the pay is not enough for all of the work an Account Manager is responsible for. Account managers carry the bulk of the work load as far as dealing with clients and make the least of all the account team members. I started this position because my family moved to the area, previously I worked at a hospital and made a lot more without so many responsibilities and this much stress. The processes are very manual and learning all you need to to perform tasks is sometimes very difficult.

Advice to Management

I really think management needs to understand the value of account managers, we are losing a lot of people because of the amount of work related to the job and should be compensated for it. We were told a long time ago that "they" were researching the pay scale and would be increasing it based on the market but still haven't heard anything about that. I don't feel I should have to work from home nights and weekends just to keep up with my work load and not be making as much as other parts of the account team, or at least more than what we are making now.