Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

• The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves (in 6 reviews)

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

2. "There are better companies to find work."

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company aims to change healthcare experience
    Working from home

Cons

Poor management
    Lack of transparency
    Sub-par pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Don't make arbitrary decisions about staff. Care about the product and provide necessary support for the teams to do their job effectively. Make sure employees are treated decently. Hard work is not always appreciated by managers. Bonuses are uneven, even when the company is profitable.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Press Ganey. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your ... More

"Glass Door Profile has to be Managed Says A Lot"

I worked at Press Ganey (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were many great individual who went on to do many great things post Press Ganey. Careers were made both with the organization and outside of the organization.

Cons

Although I had left, once the culture began to head south in terms of employee satisfaction. There has been significant employee turn over in the past 4-5 year. Most of the original employee have left. The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves. The fact that Glass Door reviews needs to be actively managed and most of the reviews that are positive are posted by individuals seeking to increase the Glass Door scores as it was abysmal a few years back.

Advice to Management

Many years ago the culture was a place the fostered growth and was a local company that supported many in the area. It was an extremely profitable organization with a good corporate culture. I am sure it still profitable but the culture died many years ago.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt the company culture has declined. As our company has grown significantly over the last few years, we have experienced a few growing pains. Our ... More

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

"Formerly great company"

Pros

There are still a lot of great people working at PG. The benefits are very good and there is a lot of flexibility in my department.

Cons

With flexibility comes the expectation that you will be available at all hours if a client needs you. In reality, there is no reason a client should need an answer to a question after 5 on Christmas Eve. We are in the survey business, this is not life or death.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like they are disposable. Tenure should mean something and you should try to keep employees. 2% raises each year do not keep up with 5% increases in daycare costs, for example. Being promoted with a 5% raise shouldn't prevent you from getting a merit increase for the next two years.

Mar 17, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate knowing that you feel a strong sense of community and that you value the flexibility you have within your department. We are proud to partner with our ... More

"Reasonable"

Pros

Acceptable benefits with reasonably flexible work hours. Management makes a considerable effort to accommodate reasonable adjustments in the employee's work-life balance.

Cons

Management still has a 'family company' mentality. Supervisors weigh decisions based on how many friends an employee has rather than just the performance of the employee. Management shows an extreme bias to long term employees and how things have been done rather than how to do thing better.

Advice to Management

Excellence is a process and not just a goal. Once achieved it requires effort to maintain. Although current processes and procedures have made the company a top performer in the field staying on top will require change and improvement.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

Regular office hours, business casual, safe and clean working environment. Good temporary to long term working through a local staffing agency.

Cons

The call center needs improvement. It seems to be a churn of people that come and go from local staffing agencies for the past few years. Not many opportunities for being hired in as a regular employee for the company.

Advice to Management

Quality would be better by being set up as a separate department, one in which when they monitor an individual they have no clue as to who that person is, only a voice on the phone which would be more professional than the current set up. The leads are not always helpful perhaps they should not be monitoring calls but leave that to a Quality department designed for a more professional tone of "Quality Monitoring". The training could definitely be updated followed up by taking reps off the phone after they have spent some time in the call center environment in lieu of learning by "failed call's". There is far more to these health care survey's than the phone call, there are other aspects of the call that need to be taken into consideration. The survey's need to be updated so that prospective survey respondent's would be more likely to take the call and complete the survey. The training could most definitely benefit from preparing the caller to the mental status of the populace you are phoning on different survey's, as it is truly not a routine phone call to complete a survey. There are far more aspects involved; you are speaking to people from all walks of life, dealing with all aspects of various illnesses, which in turn affects their reasoning, logic, and attitude towards life in general.

9. "Desktop Support Technician"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are awesome.

Cons

Mainly dealing with the management and VIPs.

"Finance"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey has great Benefits

Cons

No room for advancement for non managers

Advice to Management

I would recommend leadership classes

"Highs and Lows"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.

Cons

Need to address unethical practices of people in management positions. One manager is aware of drug (Marijuana) use of one associate and their unethical behavior and continues to look out for them and help them get supervisor positions in the company just because the manager doesn't know a lot about the job he manages. The supervisor did not even have the required associates degree for the previous job. It seems like a lot of people are aware of this except senior management.

Advice to Management

Mandatory drug testing for supervisors and fair promotions. Know what's going on especially if it reflects badly on the company.