Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great family atmosphere

Cons

No longer interested in employee retention or ideas

Advice to Management

Listen to those other than just Mgmt.

"Starting to reap the rewards from a lot of change and hard work"

Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to work with our clients to improve the quality of healthcare. After a period of transition, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer every day. If we continue to work hard, the rewards are now clear to all of us.

Cons

The recent transition required much hard work and I think perhaps the vision was not always clear to those underneath senior management. Communication at all levels has improved greatly in the past year. Keep that up and keep rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improved communication and rewarding effective associates at all levels.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

Cons

Poor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Advice to Management

Stick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people, great field, hard work will pay off

Cons

undergoing transition, so tough to know where you stand at times

6. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people working for Press Ganey are great and the benefits are pretty good. Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes with leadership with some long time employees recently leaving the company. I think these changes could have been communicated better. Another con is that the company has multiple office locations and some workers in the same team never meet in person, which is difficult for building working relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

"A great company goes down hill"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the rate people are leaving, they are likely to get desparate to hire replacements. There could be a good opportunity for someone who is looking at the end of 2013. There is still some level of accomodation of work/home balance but I am not sure that it will last. There is still the possibility that if the current senior management is replaced that Press Ganey could be a great company again. There are people who are being kept from doing that today.

Cons

The company is very short term focussed. This makes them do things that can have good immediate financial results but are likely to have fatal consequences in the future. The technical debt is enourmous and growing. Individuals do not matter in the company. It is clear that the management perception is that everyone is interchangable and easily replaced. The power structure is very buddy oriented, what was once called the old boys club (but with no gender discrimination at Press Ganey). Being the buddy of the next level up is far more important than competence. It appears that the company is in serious financial straights that has been well hidden from the financial analysts and investors. In the last two years, there has been one bonus paid (The CEO said that based on the financials it should not have been paid) and basically no raises even for exceptional performance according to the CEO.

Advice to Management

It is time to stop putting bandaids on fatal wounds. A vision for what the company wants to be is needed and needs to be sufficiently concrete that it can be realized. The greatest weakness of the senior management team is that there is little to no competence in the area of leadship. When the new senior management team came in, there was a grand vision which failed because the senior management did not know how to make the vision feel real and achievable. When it came down to actually planning a transition from the current state to the future state, the senior management could not develop the plans to make it achievable. Instead they assumed that they could start from absolute scratch and by some miracle, the company would arrive at that vision.

You need to bring some people with real leadership skills into the company to compensate for the lack of these skills at the senior management level. Promoting people who are bullies and who pontificate with obviously no knowledge about their topic will not hlep build confidence in the "leadeship" of the management.

"Not fair accross the board"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility is great! Great co-workers th a t willing to help. Casual dress code.

Cons

A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work. Inequality within same departments, promotions are not based on anything concrete nor hard work.

"Very satisfied with my experience at PG"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.

"Run into the ground"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Advice to Management

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

"The Iron Triangle"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Advice to Management

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.