Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Press Ganey Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits offered to employees at Press Ganey are amazing. The health benefits as well as knowing our employment positions will contribute to I improving the quality of care patients will receive in their future visits. This responsibility is incredibly important and makes the job worthwhile.

Cons

However, downsides occur with any job. Lack of communication from the Management to Supervisors to Leads to associates leaves a lot to be desired and is a continual problem. The communication difficulties is a factor is every aspect of the many job responsibilities and can cause multiple unnecessary issues.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Survey in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

Regular office hours, business casual, safe and clean working environment. Good temporary to long term working through a local staffing agency.

Cons

The call center needs improvement. It seems to be a churn of people that come and go from local staffing agencies for the past few years. Not many opportunities for being hired in as a regular employee for the company.

Advice to Management

Quality would be better by being set up as a separate department, one in which when they monitor an individual they have no clue as to who that person is, only a voice on the phone which would be more professional than the current set up. The leads are not always helpful perhaps they should not be monitoring calls but leave that to a Quality department designed for a more professional tone of "Quality Monitoring". The training could definitely be updated followed up by taking reps off the phone after they have spent some time in the call center environment in lieu of learning by "failed call's". There is far more to these health care survey's than the phone call, there are other aspects of the call that need to be taken into consideration. The survey's need to be updated so that prospective survey respondent's would be more likely to take the call and complete the survey. The training could most definitely benefit from preparing the caller to the mental status of the populace you are phoning on different survey's, as it is truly not a routine phone call to complete a survey. There are far more aspects involved; you are speaking to people from all walks of life, dealing with all aspects of various illnesses, which in turn affects their reasoning, logic, and attitude towards life in general.

3. "SOlid company"

Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do the best they can to provide perks and keep good people

Cons

1) Mind-numbing job doing surveys
    2) The managers (female) behave like a flock of gossiping hens. They say inap[propriate things about the males they think are cute. While I didn;t have a huge issue with it, they do need to act more professional. Act like managers, not teenagers. However those same managers were very nice, polite and great to work with aside from that. They just said things to each other that were very inappropriate.

Advice to Management

DO NOT say inappropriate things about the males that work there. Other than that they do a great job

4. "Awesome place to work for with great benefits!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is hands down the best company I have ever looked for. Management in my department is hands on, helpful, and always very understanding. It has great pay, large amount of PTO, opportunities to work from home when needed, 401k, insurance, and much more. The company believes in engaging their employees and making them feel appreciated. I am incredibly happy with my time at PG and so happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

Workload is high because of the all the things going on at PG. Other than that I have no complaints.

"Could be better.."

Pros

My immediate teammates, the flexibility and PTO.

Cons

Complaints and concerns are not addressed, workload is beyond manageable, department heads are never seen nor heard, basically just have to keep your head down and keep quiet because nothing will change. Either have to decide to deal with it, or quit. I am dealing with it because even though the pay is low for the massive workload & expectations, it's unfortunately competitive for this area.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees more and image less.

Press Ganey Response

Apr 11, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you appreciate the flexibility and other benefits that Press Ganey provides. Benefits such as these are the direct result of listening to the voices of... More

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close-knit, family oriented company who really cares about the employees. Positive environment focused on improving healthcare.

Cons

So much information in a constantly changing industry, sometimes difficult to get all the support we need to be proficient in all the categories.

Advice to Management

Continue down the improvement road map that has been built and we'll do great things!

7. "Requested Review"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

business mode, benevolence, relevance, access to executives.

Cons

Complicated and operationally challenged, simplify the results and access to them...

Advice to Management

Thought leadership focus as driver.

8. "Analyst"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great benefits! Work from home a huge plus.

Cons

Constant leadership change/reorg and shifting company directions can be hard to follow

"Stepping Stone to Better Jobs Elsewhere"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my department there are some opportunities to learn about various programming languages and software. We have work laptops that we can take home. Centrally located in South Bend.

Cons

The biggest problem in my experience is a lack of any kind of training. Managers receive no management training. Employees receive no training on how to use the custom software we deal with. Most of my department are self-taught programmers, which leads to various issues and problems. As a new hire, I was expected to learn everything on my own--which set me up for failure. It's like Tetris. If you don't have the basic building blocks--you have lots of holes in your knowledge. I was then criticized heavily for that by my co-workers.

Senior leadership doesn't actually know what our department does. Our department is custom for our clients' needs. We put out hundreds of custom reports every month. Yet we are treated like throw-aways.

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. So its a good work experience for people who are right out of college but the company presents no reason to stay here. They invest very little in their employees and every suggestion for training is a constant fight.

There is a lot of talk about Press Ganey being a "family" but--like most companies that say such things--its not actually practiced. If you keep your mouth shut, ignore the bad things that happen and blame others when things go wrong--then you'll be fine. But beware if you stand up for yourself--it will make you some enemies. That whole 'family' idea goes right out the window if you don't fit the mold.

Programmers are paid less than others in their field.

There is no effort to educate departments on what other departments actually do, so there are constant misunderstandings and miscommunications when departments have to collaborate.

Indicated they would replace vending machines with a healthy choices café. That did not happen. They switched vendors to folks who were more expensive and actually sold three times more junk food and pop than the vending machines did. Almost no healthy choices at all and the few that are there are three times more expensive than they should be.

Used to have a yoga/fitness class during lunch that anyone could attend. That has fallen off the wayside.

Advice to Management

More transparency : If you have a problem with an employee, you need to talk with them about it.

Treat your employees equally.

Leadership DOES matter. Its the difference between being a handler/babysitter and being a leader. When you're in a management position, you can't always be liked. A good leader is firm, fair and consistent.

Press Ganey Response

Mar 22, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you recognize the opportunities for gaining additional skills and are provided the tools to work flexibly at Press Ganey. Press Ganey is committed to... More

"Reasonable"

Pros

Acceptable benefits with reasonably flexible work hours. Management makes a considerable effort to accommodate reasonable adjustments in the employee's work-life balance.

Cons

Management still has a 'family company' mentality. Supervisors weigh decisions based on how many friends an employee has rather than just the performance of the employee. Management shows an extreme bias to long term employees and how things have been done rather than how to do thing better.

Advice to Management

Excellence is a process and not just a goal. Once achieved it requires effort to maintain. Although current processes and procedures have made the company a top performer in the field staying on top will require change and improvement.