Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"A Hot Mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

"Lot's of work to come but a bright future"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great family atmosphere

Cons

No longer interested in employee retention or ideas

Advice to Management

Listen to those other than just Mgmt.

"Starting to reap the rewards from a lot of change and hard work"

Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to work with our clients to improve the quality of healthcare. After a period of transition, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer every day. If we continue to work hard, the rewards are now clear to all of us.

Cons

The recent transition required much hard work and I think perhaps the vision was not always clear to those underneath senior management. Communication at all levels has improved greatly in the past year. Keep that up and keep rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improved communication and rewarding effective associates at all levels.

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

Cons

Poor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Advice to Management

Stick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people, great field, hard work will pay off

Cons

undergoing transition, so tough to know where you stand at times

7. "Solid Company"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people working for Press Ganey are great and the benefits are pretty good. Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes with leadership with some long time employees recently leaving the company. I think these changes could have been communicated better. Another con is that the company has multiple office locations and some workers in the same team never meet in person, which is difficult for building working relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

"A great company goes down hill"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the rate people are leaving, they are likely to get desparate to hire replacements. There could be a good opportunity for someone who is looking at the end of 2013. There is still some level of accomodation of work/home balance but I am not sure that it will last. There is still the possibility that if the current senior management is replaced that Press Ganey could be a great company again. There are people who are being kept from doing that today.

Cons

The company is very short term focussed. This makes them do things that can have good immediate financial results but are likely to have fatal consequences in the future. The technical debt is enourmous and growing. Individuals do not matter in the company. It is clear that the management perception is that everyone is interchangable and easily replaced. The power structure is very buddy oriented, what was once called the old boys club (but with no gender discrimination at Press Ganey). Being the buddy of the next level up is far more important than competence. It appears that the company is in serious financial straights that has been well hidden from the financial analysts and investors. In the last two years, there has been one bonus paid (The CEO said that based on the financials it should not have been paid) and basically no raises even for exceptional performance according to the CEO.

Advice to Management

It is time to stop putting bandaids on fatal wounds. A vision for what the company wants to be is needed and needs to be sufficiently concrete that it can be realized. The greatest weakness of the senior management team is that there is little to no competence in the area of leadship. When the new senior management team came in, there was a grand vision which failed because the senior management did not know how to make the vision feel real and achievable. When it came down to actually planning a transition from the current state to the future state, the senior management could not develop the plans to make it achievable. Instead they assumed that they could start from absolute scratch and by some miracle, the company would arrive at that vision.

You need to bring some people with real leadership skills into the company to compensate for the lack of these skills at the senior management level. Promoting people who are bullies and who pontificate with obviously no knowledge about their topic will not hlep build confidence in the "leadeship" of the management.

"Not fair accross the board"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility is great! Great co-workers th a t willing to help. Casual dress code.

Cons

A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work. Inequality within same departments, promotions are not based on anything concrete nor hard work.

"Very satisfied with my experience at PG"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.