Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • However, depending on your level of dedication (which typically is high among PG staff) work/life balance can be compromised (in 6 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

"Highs and Lows"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and associates work well together for the most part.

Cons

Need to address unethical practices of people in management positions. One manager is aware of drug (Marijuana) use of one associate and their unethical behavior and continues to look out for them and help them get supervisor positions in the company just because the manager doesn't know a lot about the job he manages. The supervisor did not even have the required associates degree for the previous job. It seems like a lot of people are aware of this except senior management.

Advice to Management

Mandatory drug testing for supervisors and fair promotions. Know what's going on especially if it reflects badly on the company.

"Lots of Stress, Is It Worth It?"

Pros

-Benefits (not that great)
    -Flexibility (comes with a price)
    -Pay (for the area, otherwise very poor)
    -People (for the most part)

Cons

This place is somewhat deceiving. Yes, you get a decent amount of PTO right from the start. No limit of sick days. These are things that most people would stay at a company for. But the moment you take a vacation or are sick for a day or two, you come back to a waterlogged inbox, with countless requests and things to get done. There is a sense of "I can't even take a day off' mindset that you start to acquire.

For people with families, this is ideal. The flexibility is great, but it comes with a cost. They try to hide the unmanageable workloads with PTO days and what seems to be an unlimited amount of sick days (that people definitely take advantage of). Employee satisfaction surveys are sent out to the employees, but it seems nothing is ever done or improved. You cannot just throw bodies at the problem when it is process and procedure issues.

Most of these people do not want to take responsibility for anything that might go wrong. There is no accountability for anything. For a company that pushes transparency, they are barely transparent with their employees. C-Suite doesn't have a clue how the company operates, let alone care. Anyone could step into an Account Management position for a day and realize there are issues with the process.

It is definitely a "drink the kool-aid" type of company. Management believes employees are expendable. That is very hard to swallow considering the learning curve when you are hired. Even someone with a healthcare background would take a good year before they know a fraction of what they are doing. You do so much work for such little recognition/compensation.

Advice to Management

Be accountable, be responsible, and stand up for your employees. This position is not expendable. Account management is one of the hardest positions in the company. Ask anyone is any other department if they would want to work in Account Management, and I will bet 90% of them say absolutely not.

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you appreciate the flexibility that Press Ganey provides for our associates. This flexibility is a direct result of listening to the voices of ... More

"Account management"

Pros

The PTO and Sick time is great and the flexible schedule when needed especially for those with a family

Cons

You are expected to check emails respond etc. when out and if not then there is that much more you have to address. The lack of management skills that the company has as a whole is lacking, not one department operates with the same standard. The turn over in management and upper management is startling along with the numerous added upper management roles, Press Ganey is very top heavy

"Great Benefits! (IF you ever get to use them)"

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home with flexible hours.

Cons

The excellent benefits that entice employees to work there, such as immediate vacation, can rarely be used unless you are willing to "work the system" (call off sick and after all sick days are used, it will automatically count against your vacation). Pay is low and often misrepresented.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and realistic with candidates and new hires regarding benefits and pay.

"PMO - Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

There are many highly talented people who are deeply committed to Press Ganey's mission. The organization is fluid and dynamic which I found exciting and stressful. To succeed one must be thick-skinned. Most people have a great deal of integrity in their work and relationships.

Cons

My group has experienced a great deal of turnover in leadership which led to multiple changes in processes and priorities. The culture is very political and cliquish with key IT leaders that worked together previously. IT leadership seems incapable of long-term planning, not sure why because they are intelligent. Women and minorities are underrepresented in leadership across the organization.

"Great mission, poor & old-fashioned culture"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company has an amazing mission to improve patient experience and reduce suffering. It's something anyone could get behind. I met some incredibly intelligent and genuine people during my time. PG is very respected in the health care world.

Cons

The company culture is horrible and stuck in the 80s. It's an older company with many tenured employees that would not last a second in another company in a major city like Boston or New York, but remain at PG because of politics. These individuals are not open to change (if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality) Not a fast-paced or innovative environment and I did not witness very much teamwork or collaboration. The focus of the organization is on impressing important clients with little to no focus on improving the culture and the happiness of employees.

Advice to Management

Take a lesson from cutting edge industries like technology when it comes to hiring and maintaining great talent. Caring for employees should be a top priority. Also, address the South Bend issue. There are some incredibly unqualified, unmotivated employees that have been around forever that create a toxic environment for new individuals coming in, looking to make a positive impact on the organization.

Dec 20, 2016 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

Thank you for your feedback. Just as Press Ganey is dedicated to our mission to reduce patient and caregiver suffering, we are equally committed to continuous improvement and innovation within our ... More

"Conflicting messages, frequent turnover in leadership"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to contribute to improving patient experience

Decent benefits

Flexibility to work from home (for some positions)

Cons

Leadership message to associates is that the client's needs come first; the reality is, sales/profits come first.

Constant change in senior management and leadership lead to a serious lack of any sense of stability.

Many products are utilizing outdated technology; it is difficult to remain an advocate for the company and recommend products when competitors have solutions that are light years ahead.

Advice to Management

Recognize that investments (and occasionally short term loss) are necessary for long term and sustained growth, and to remain competitive in the market.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Press Ganey is committed to delivering industry leading service and innovative solutions to our clients. We’re also proud of the long-term client relationships that ... More

"Good co-workers, benefits provider needs to be reconsidered & culture is in flux"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay, several energized employees throughout, good plan for the future with introduction of technology, great HR team, good co-workers, knowledgeable leadership

Cons

Expectations need to be more realistic, pushed selling technology to existing clients before successful delivery capability, working environment demands 60+ hour work week, created counter productive relationship with industry leaders after adding consulting, difficulty working with health plan provider involving ongoing medical benefits, slow to respond to competition pressure involving significantly lower pricing

Advice to Management

Live the words you speak - Under promise and over deliver & evaluate your benefits provider through employee feedback

"Good plan, poor execution and disconnected leadership"

Current Employee - Improvement Manager
    Current Employee - Improvement Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey truly cares about making healthcare better. They are the best at what they do and have been doing it for 25+ years. The employees are (or were) passionate about what they do when not fearing for their jobs. People subscribe to the work hard play hard mentality and have fun with the people around them. I absolutely love visiting clients and help them give better care.

Cons

3 New CEOs and Executive teams in 4 years, each progressively worse. Each new team comes in with a "ground breaking" plan and then replaces the employees with those who they worked with in the past (truth be told, like any other corporation). We now have more Vice Presidents than one can count and not enough people to do the job. A constant revolving door where employees work in fear of losing their job with No bonuses. No one questions a decision because they are afraid they will be replaced, but we somehow are supposed to think innovatively.

Our core business is satisfaction surveys but we haven't had an employee survey in 2 years, I assume because leadership either knows how unhappy people are or that ignorant they think we are satisfied (and exactly why I am posting on here).

Since I started its a completely different place.

Advice to Management

People will accept change if it makes sense, just be more gradual. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel and listen to the little guy every once in awhile. Go back to listening to customers and quit replacing good people with "your guys" as you've labeled them. Our people and customers will gladly tell you what you want to know, just listen to their needs.

"Once an enjoyable workplace has become not so enjoyable after all"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

co-workers and middle management are very supportive

Cons

New senior leadership has brought an east-coast attitude to business to midwest family life - the two are like oil and water. Some of us are now expected to be on call 24/7 and in the office until west coast business hours end....which is past dinner time for our families - for those of us with college degrees it shouldn't be a surprise that we are dissatisfied with being expected to work retail hours like this. No more bonuses and funds for celebrations have been given away to unfamiliar charities. Not cool.

Advice to Management

You may not think that the satisfaction of employees is important and that you can just hire more people to replace those who have left, but all of our data we've collected for our clients says a high turnover and dissatisfied employees equal dissatisfied clients and decreased revenue...perhaps we need to practice what we preach?