Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good Vacation/PTO, work from home (in 16 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We supported, even embraced, numerous changes, even when they negatively impacted our work-life balance over the years (in 5 reviews)

• Too much turn over from senior leadership (in 7 reviews)

1. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey for a number of years, and have recently been promoted to a new job title. So far, the new position seems both challenging and rewarding, and I enjoy taking on these new responsibilities. The benefits package you receive on day one starting here is almost unheard of in any other company. Press Ganey puts a great emphasis on work/life balance, and I stand firm with their mission statement to reduce patient suffering.

Cons

The only minor complaint I would have is the salary. I personally feel that I should be compensated just a bit more for the amount of work and responsibilities I have undertaken, but it is not an unreasonable compensation.

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Our HR team performs an annual comprehensive review of salaries to ensure we are remaining competitive with the market. And I agree, our benefits package is second ... More

2. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though we are always extremely busy and worried about meeting deadlines, everyone always keeps a positive attitude and this is very contagious. I have met some great people in my 3 years here and I am very thankful for these relationships I have formed. The company also has a great mission so you feel like you are actually making a difference in your work.

Cons

As I mentioned before, we are usually very busy so we may have to work some OT and weekends but it's not a common thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Press Ganey is a good company to work for, they are flexible, understanding, 9-5 and no holidays, and have a very good reputation in the market.

Cons

The Cons I have are not about the company but about my specific role in the company. As an Account Manager the workload is so high that it makes the stress of the job sometimes overwhelming. There is a lot of turn around (most from internal promotions which is good), but it makes it hard on the AM's left behind to keep up. Since I started my workload has only grown and grown with no relief in sight. I have to work many nights and weekends. Vacations are more stressful because I know I'll be coming back to even more work. Quite frankly the pay is not enough for all of the work an Account Manager is responsible for. Account managers carry the bulk of the work load as far as dealing with clients and make the least of all the account team members. I started this position because my family moved to the area, previously I worked at a hospital and made a lot more without so many responsibilities and this much stress. The processes are very manual and learning all you need to to perform tasks is sometimes very difficult.

Advice to Management

I really think management needs to understand the value of account managers, we are losing a lot of people because of the amount of work related to the job and should be compensated for it. We were told a long time ago that "they" were researching the pay scale and would be increasing it based on the market but still haven't heard anything about that. I don't feel I should have to work from home nights and weekends just to keep up with my work load and not be making as much as other parts of the account team, or at least more than what we are making now.

5. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

Culture
    Teamwork
    Caring Environment
    Passion about what we do
    Thriving organization

Cons

None -- I love everything about my job and the people with whom I work

Aug 27, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Press Ganey!

6. "10 year review"

Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is very progressive. Has good benefits in time off for sick personal and vacation time. I feel proud to say I work f or Press Ganey and how we have helped to change health care for the better.

Cons

I work in a very large department, and it is very difficult to get time off when needed. And working from home there is no real socialization with my fellow co-workers.

Advice to Management

Decisions seem to be made for us without any input from us or without any fore warning. We have no say in how things are run. And the Higher management does not interact with us. At one company lunch they came in sat down ate and left without interacting with any of us.

"PMO"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work that matters: The work I do matters to the growth of the organization and there is tremendous respect and recognition to the work I do. It also adds value from the customer point of view, as the work I do drives the customer deliverable.

2. Innovation: Press Ganey is driving Innovation in the healthcare industry through its thoughtful strategies and expertise. It is always exciting to be working for a company where they value Innovation and spend on Innovation. There is a culture to appreciate new ideas and the management values new approaches and ideas to be successful in this challenging and every changing market.

3. Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good work-life balance. The company is flexible with its work policy and there is no micro-management, and a great deal of trust is shown on the employees.

Cons

Change is constant, and sometimes there is more change than required. But these are growing pains for an organization which is expanding by leaps and bounds.

Advice to Management

1) Don't be so reactive to market.
    2) Try to do whatever it takes to keep good talent.
    3) Keep doing what you are doing

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. We'll continue to keep the lines of communication open, especially since we are focused on adapting to the constant changes going on within the industry. I'm happy to hear ... More

8. "General"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Committed to improving the patient experience. A lot of expertise within the company.

Cons

Very very long hours. Typically have to deal with work even if you're on vacation.

Advice to Management

Allow all levels of employees to have an uninterrupted vacation to avoid burn out.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We know everyone deserves a relaxing break after working very hard throughout the year, so we'll continue to identify opportunities for cross-training within departments so ... More

9. "On the rise"

Current Employee - Manager, IT
    Current Employee - Manager, IT

Pros

Company that is growing - both in market and culturally, lots of opportunities, open leadership, good communication

Cons

Change, change, change. There are many growing pains as the company works to adapt to changes in the market and maintain leadership in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication. Focus on transparency. Invest in your people. Innovation often comes by doing less and trusting your people more.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for writing a review. We'll continue to communicate the company's vision, especially since we continue to adapt to the constant changes going on within the industry. Keep those innovative ... More

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Ability to move up within the company and within departments
    Great Benefits
    Great Management Team
    Pres Ganey Empowers you to succeed if you are willing to put the work in

Cons

Potential for long or weekend hours at times although this is rare and usually project based.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Empower the employees.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I hope that Press Ganey continues to challenge you and present opportunities this year as we continue our mission to help clients reduce patient suffering. We appreciate ... More

"The Worst"

Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

If you're in a management position, you'll be there forever or as long as you want to be. Still its low pay for management...

Cons

This company is horrible to work for. It was a great environment before Dr.'s Press & Ganey sold it to a corporation. Now its so corporate...the way they treat their employees is horrifying, and they offer very low compensation. Press Ganey Associates is all about the profit margin, not the employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better for God's sake. They're people not robots. Stop dumbing down position titles, so you can save $$ on wages and increase your profit margins. Recognize talent when you see it. Though I don't think you would recognize talent if it hit you in the face. You've got people who've been there for 6+ years with no opportunity to move up, young talented people. The only thing keeping you in business is your benchmarking capability, because at some point you were #1 and you have the book of business. If you keep having account manager turnover, you're going to continue to loose that, and sink. It's only a matter of time unless you get with the program, stop trying to increase profits at all costs and focus on the employees and clients.