Press Ganey Reviews | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated December 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home (for some positions) (in 13 reviews)

• Great work life balance, space to move up if you are willing to put in the work, you have to really take initiative to stand out (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • slightly lower starting salary than I would have preferred but worth it for the work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most department have flexible hours, have full health, dental and vision benefits. Everyone is easy to get along with and there is great team work. Location is great!

Cons

Communication is sometimes slow within the department. Some department do not receive the recognition they deserve.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed about what is going on with and within the department. Please be flexible, life happens. Please recognize your employees

2. "Great Place to work"

Pros

people are very understanding and ready to guide the new employees patiently

Cons

not enough communication within different departments in the organization

3. "Strong Management"

Pros

Very motivated management team. Culture has gotten significantly better over the past few years. Entrepreneurial.

Cons

Pushing into new markets will be a challenge for the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate.

4. "Great Company!"

Pros

Awesome people, great place to work!

Cons

Not the most exciting place to work

"Looks can be deceiving...watch out!"

Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Press Ganey uses old technology for their surveys and data collection, but they are proven over time. They still have the deepest bench over all other vendors in the space. They are expensive, but their should be a premium price to pay when comparing your organization to the cream of the crop. Until more companies leave to go to other vendors, Press Ganey will have the advantage of more data.

Cons

When I joined this company 5+ years ago, I definitely had on rose-colored glasses. I was educated by Studer, and to me, Press Ganey was always THE PLACE TO BE. They had a great reputation of being well-educated, scientific, family-oriented, employee and customer-centric. It was like that when I first started. However, the company has grown, the management has changed and things are no longer how Drs. Press and Ganey intended for the company to be. It is sad because it really had the potential to do great things. The executive team is all about the "reduction of suffering." That seems like a good thing, right? However, what has been happening of late is that the "suffering" is being directed at the employees. The Management Team is fear-based and punitive. It is not the "collaborative" environment that we preach to our clients. It's sad because I think that the current Management Team is taking Press Ganey down and allowing the competition to get a strong foothold. There were days when I didn't have to worry that my customer was going to be here tomorrow; there just wasn't anywhere credible for them to go -- those days are over. In talking about improvement with my customers, I am finding that they have talked to our competition and they are considering moving to other vendors. They feel that PG has changed and the service level has suffered. I continue to try to provide exceptional customer service to my clients, but it gets harder and harder due to the environment that the PG Management has created. It is a very caustic culture. DON'T EVER MAKE A MISTAKE because the senior leadership does not tolerate mistakes and punishment will be forthcoming (even if it is something very small; you will be written up and put on "a plan.") NOT FUN!

Advice to Management

The Golden Rule should apply -- treat others as you would like to be treated. You have too many levels of management and you have lost the ability to connect with the employees and the clients. Everyone is noticing, even if you aren't.

Press Ganey Response

Sep 24, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience at Press Ganey.

I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review.

This year, there have been a... More

"Great Place to Work with Great Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company mission that guides the everyday work. Press Ganey is in an exciting period of growth and there are many opportunities for talented, passionate people. Great opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted several times in my 3 1/2 years with the company. The people in the organization are wonderful and collaborative. Overall good benefits package, and many positions work remotely from their home office. This option has been such a perk for me. Direct managers are truly leaders and don't micro-manage employees. Employees are given autonomy.

Cons

The medical insurance plan options could be better. The travel required for some positions can lead to long days.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and communicative as the company grows and evolves.

7. "Industry leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader. Constantly changing to meet and exceed industry standards. Exciting work environment. Engaged, thoughtful leadership.

Cons

located in South Bend, IN. Public company but no employee stock purchase program.

"Project Manager"

Pros

Fair compensation and benefits, strong attempt to integrate employees into culture, attempt to make large company feel personal and connected,big group meetings.

Cons

Communication with technology issues limited, issues with understanding the quality of database

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, listen to innovation, ideas

"Scanning Clerk level Ii"

Former Employee - Scanning Clerk in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Scanning Clerk in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, overtime available, competitive wages

Cons

High turn over of management and owners, downsizing for profits

Advice to Management

Respect long term employees

"Climbing the Ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.