PrestaShop Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 48 reviews

3.7
PrestaShop CEO Alexandre Eruimy
Alexandre Eruimy
Pros
  • "travail, super locaux, bonne ambiance, projets int(in 8 reviews)

• "Les locaux sont cools, les activit(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "s gros turnover sur les 2 derni(in 5 reviews)

• "rer avec cette historique de plus de 10 ans, mais c'est aussi ce qui apport du challenge dans le travail(in 5 reviews)

"Great work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office space, management was easy to talk to. Developers, designers and marketing team was really close to each other, and exchanging ideas was pleasant since nobody took a boss-role every one was open to explore suggestions

Cons

Not much training, really tight deadlines, working overtime to meet deadlines was very common, salary compensation under the industry standard

PrestaShop2016-05-10
  2. "Great Potential Poor Execution"

Former Employee - Merchant Success Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Open source technology that is being used around the world. Bruno was a genius and had a great vision for the company and taking the company worldwide by adapting the US culture and customer service for all clients based in the Americas. I worked with great managers/ leaders who offered amazing training and support. We had no titles in the US and everyone worked together as one.

Cons

Slow progress in evolving the platform and adapting to the need of our Merchant Base. The US and France office never have seen eye to eye. Our mission was to be there for our merchants. Communication was key. A merchant who is having issues and needs support is not the first priority in the minds of our top leaders of the company in Paris. US Culture = Customers come first PrestaShop Culture = How much did they pay? They can wait and we will reach out to them when we have the time!

PrestaShop2019-06-05

"Frustrated upper management, blaming frustrated employees -- so they write fake reviews"

I worked at PrestaShop full-time

Pros

It's kind of like entering an amateur league to gain experience, then finding the right company in the ecommerce space to move up into the big leagues. A great way to farm your experience nothing more.

Cons

Baffling and frustrated upper management push blame on hard-working employees due to the "too many chiefs, not enough Indians" motto. This then turns into political inner workings to patchwork the issues and write false reviews for a high turnover company that can't foster relationships internally to keep skilled employees happy.

PrestaShop2017-12-01

"Used to be the best"

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Internet startup. Great product. Great office. You might get to travel to Paris and some trade shows. Team lunch from time to time

Cons

Prestashop used to be great for the first few years The US. Management and employees cared for each other and everyone was honest with one another. Communication was great, basically we were part of a team that cared. Sales were doing great and the company was growing. But then it went all down the tube. After 2014 Nobody has cared about the workforce and we are the ones facing the customers. The benefits and work conditions are horrible. Low pay and no raises. Full disclosure I left a few year ago and am now writing this review.

PrestaShop2017-09-21

"Great Company Great Team, but No Growth!"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to gain experience and learn about the industry.

Cons

Poor level of communication from the HQ and CEO's vision is all over the place. I've never seen nor spoken to her, which is pretty bad.

PrestaShop2017-02-27

"The bad reviews are real, the good reviews are fake. (I know because I've written a fake one)"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You may get to go to Paris. - You get good experience working at Conferences/TradeShows. - You get good experience working with a different culture (Paris). - You get good experience understating the workings of an software system, and Wordpress. - You build a strong relationship with other employees who are suffering through the incompetency just as you are. - Miami and Paris are attractive cities.

Cons

- Full disclosure: I waited two years to write this review because they will probably figure out who I am and give bad references. I know this to be a fact but I have enough experience at other companies that I'm not worried about at all anymore. I didn't want to be petty and write a bad review but they need it. Moreover, I spoke to current employees and partners and they all agree that PrestaShop has not gotten better but continued to get worse, both in the software and in the organization internally. I really trying to give the best advice here. I have no reason to write this other than to help potential prospects and partners. Only go here if you have nowhere else to go, as a temporary measure... If you really feel you got lucky getting this job with whatever salary they give you, do it. But never take this job over another. -The career opportunities are NOT there, no matter what they tell you. There are no opportunities within the company, or once you leave, see the next point why. -Reminder: NOBODY has heard of PrestaShop, only some people in Paris and some developers in the US know about it. You're better off being a Office Admin for Salesforce than a Director/Manager at PrestaShop -It has a BAD reputation from all the years of incompetency and arrogance. -Executives (all French) do not care about you (Miami). They care about their French employees. -The Miami employees that actually do stay there 2+ years are making a mistake (like me). - If you ask ANYBODY who got fired/quit this company (so many!), there is a 100% chance they are happy somewhere else. I know because I still talk to 10 former coworkers. - NO RAISES. Don't even think about it. I'm serious. I'm talking about a 1.5% raise when salary is less than 40K, it's a complete joke. -You are replaceable, dispensable. They look for cheap young talent, then they tell you you're talented until it comes to review time, then all of the sudden you're a horrible employee. - It's clear to me that the main people in charge have never ever run a company that actually cared about their employees' growth. - Don't even get me started on Benefits... Horrible.

PrestaShop2017-01-25
  7. "Very instructive working experience"

PHP Web Developer in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop for more than a year

Pros

experience, practice, learning, technicality, customer experience

Cons

team relationship, location, team building,

PrestaShop2015-10-05

"DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I worked at PrestaShop full-time for more than a year

Pros

free granola bars and coffee. opportunity to go into work relaxed and carry yourself in an unprofessional manner. This is a great place to work if you have never really had an office job. Great First time time for a nice gig on your resume.

Cons

They under pay their employees. Always over work you and then don't pay you overtime. They ask you to work outside of your job duties because nothing is ever in their "budget". Absolutely no room for growth within their US offices. Their benefits are not competitive at all. Prestashop does not offer 401K plan.

PrestaShop2015-10-28

"If you are in the U.S., look elsewhere."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PrestaShop full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office has a nice view and there is a foosball table (good luck trying to play it... You'll get in trouble if you do!)

Cons

Well below average pay, even for Miami and NO usual startup benefits. Can't speak for the French office, but the culture in Miami is the worst. No vision for growth in the U.S. Terrible office management. Upper management in France and hard to reach. High turnover. Stay away! AWAY! There are plenty of other cool tech startups in Miami.

PrestaShop2015-05-05
  10. "A challenging job with a worldwide scope"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paris

I have been working at PrestaShop full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Open source based with a deep sense of community - A french company with huge potential and ambitions for the next 5 years - Startup mood with possibility to build your own work base on proven facts - International environment

Cons

- Some employees didn't accept changes and got frustrated - A clear vision on long term strategy need to be communicated from the top board

PrestaShop2017-07-10