Prestige Maintenance USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Rachel Sanchez

1. "Employee"

Current Employee - Custodian in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Custodian in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Prestige Maintenance USA (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a part time work, this is the company to work for. I really enjoyed my time with the company. I wished I could continue on working for them, but unfortunately they pulled out. Another company took over.

Cons

There needs to be more communication with the employees, also the pay scale needs to be up to date with the cost of living.

Advice to Management

Communication!!! The employees are the one that's making the company money!!

2. "Dont like this company"

Former Employee - Service Tech in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Saint Clairsville, OH

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work mornings,and can do work as slow as you want take ur tim retail cleaning is okay but not the greatest.

Cons

Management blows my manager was only favoritive toward other employees he didnt care to tell me anything coming into holidays and work schedule.

Advice to Management

Dont hire people who only like their friends working with them ohio manager sucks to work for hes not worth taking a job for.

3. "not worth it"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Temple, TX

I have been working at Prestige Maintenance USA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

setting your own schedule and time

Cons

hours cut with no warning or reason, running out of supplies,no benefits

5. "Full of lies and lack of communication."

Former Employee - Project Tech Crew Leader in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Tech Crew Leader in Plano, TX

Pros

Easy hire with no background checks. No one breathing down your neck.

Cons

Lack of communication, misleading, poor pay. equipment at locations don't work, lack of supplies to do jobs, lack of employees to perform jobs in amount of time given

Advice to Management

The lack of communication between the higher up's in this company makes no sense. I was hired to put a crew together that I would train that would go in and strip and wax floors. I was called by Victor's boss and told I was getting paid to much for my job position and would I take a pay cut. He was not told of what I would be doing for the company and after a brief talk on the phone, he had no problem with my rate of pay.
    My second day on the job I was assigned to a project to strip and wax with 2 other people that had little to no training in this field. The project was started the day before I was hired and the job that was done at this location looked like crap. I was told to start this project with none of the equipment needed in working order and no supplies and other equipment needed to do the job. Next thing I know I was fired for no reason. I was the only black on the crew and so far everyone I met that works for the company is all Hispanics.
    Stop blowing smoke up people's buts and playing the race card.

6. "Prestige"

Former Employee - Custodial Worker in Beaumont Place, TX
    Former Employee - Custodial Worker in Beaumont Place, TX

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA part-time

Pros

It was my first job and it did give me an opportunity to show my work skills.

Cons

The communication is horrible and the hours and pay wasn't worth it.

Advice to Management

I'm a hard working man and plans to increase my work experience each time I get a job.

7. "Ha!"

Former Employee - Custodian in Slidell, LA
    Former Employee - Custodian in Slidell, LA

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to work alone moat of the time. Some of the employees you worked with. can advance fairly quickly.

Cons

Would constantly schedule you hours earlier than your client's store opening hours. which you're suppose to go in an hour before the store opens but our manger would schedule us two and a half hours early and we never got paid for the hours waiting outside everyday. The pay is bad for what you do $8.50/hr. and people who were there before you or the lead custodian will make you do what they don't want to or feel like doing and when i would complain to management, they wouldn't do anything about it because it was the leads voice over yours. And they didn't do anything about sexual harassments. No benefits, especially health considering you clean fecal matter and breath in that along with the chemicals you use.

Advice to Management

Need better management or to have a manger there and check up on the workers.

8. "DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!"

Former Employee - Maintenance in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Absolutely nothing. They tricked me and screwed me over.

Cons

promised pay I never recieved. Got hours wrong every check. Nothings ever right for them. Managers screen your calls. Office does nothing for you. Pretty much everything promised was a hoax. Do not work here if you know what's good for you.

Advice to Management

Bravo on another man screwed over. You got my pay wrong, my hours wrong, even my pay rate wrong. You promise your employees something just to hoax them into working every morning for you to not pay them correctly. The manager even yelled at me for calmly calling and expressing my problem. he told me I needed to call another manager that always screens my calls. This is the worst company I've ever worked for. And according to your reviews, i'm not the only person you've done this to.

9. "A/R Accountant/Reconciliations/Collections"

Former Employee - AR Accountant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - AR Accountant in Plano, TX

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Relaxed overall work environment atmosphere. Management accessible.

Cons

Completed project can end a position.

Advice to Management

Keep on making it a better and better place to work at and growing the business.

"Good place to be - with room to grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive and fun environment. I loved the fact the the owners would greet you and talk to you like an old friend. I was never afraid to say hi, or strike up a conversation. I have worked a lot of jobs, and this was by far the best one Ive ever been at.
    One can come in and be completely honest about anything. Not only were the people I worked with colleagues, but they became good friends.

I learned so much from my time there, and I very much value my time spent with this company. I hope to one day be back with them.

Cons

As I read the reviews of employee's and subcontractors past, I can understand how this company can have, at this point, a 1.2 rating. As someone who worked internally I can tell exactly what goes on.
    Payroll department - 50% of the time is shopping online, 25% gossiping during work hours leaving 25% of their day to do actual work . - (some people in accounting have the same issue)

Its hard to describe Prestige really, my best way is by analogy; You go to a mechanic to fix your car. Amazing though the mechanic may be he cannot fix your car with out the proper tools or support.

Advice to Management

Downsizing and unloading more work on to current employee's will definitely to the opposite of fixing your current issue.
    A tighter reign on Payroll and Accounting (subcontractor invoicing) would prevent any further issues in the comments left prior to this.

"Total Nightmare!!!!"

Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Prestige Maintenance USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rachel Sanchez in my opinion, is probably a great leader but has no idea how poorly her management team treats employees.

Cons

NO communication so you're on your own! NO delivery on promises made! They have NO idea about what they're doing but instead depend on outside contractors to bring in professionalism. Do NOT attempt to inform them about current laws when there are violations, you'll pay the price on that one (those that have certifications/licenses beware!!!!!!). Beware of taking positions as you'll usually end up as a sub-contractor working for another sub-contractor to the actual client... they like to keep that a secret until after you're committed. They'll force you to use their client base instead of competitive bids to save the client money (kick-backs?) They'll tell you proceed in one direction, and then require another direction when you least expect it. They'll want people to take charge, and then micromanage anyway.
    In short, for the desperate... take your chances. For the skilled/educated, don't even think about it!!!!!

Advice to Management

Replace management and put professionals in that know what they're doing so the client will end up with a professional product/service! Learn how to use the talents and skills of employees to build the greatest TEAM effort! Learn how to communicate and support company staff so there's a known direction! And be HONEST about everything you do!