Prestige Nursing Reviews | Glassdoor

Prestige Nursing Managing Director Jonathan Bruce
Jonathan Bruce

1. "Care by name alone"

I worked at Prestige Nursing full-time

Pros

Working with a variety of clients and knowing you've made a difference to their lives

Cons

Poor management at both branch and senior level

Advice to Management

Put your staff first, as Richard Branson once said "You take care of staff, they'll take care of business'"

2. "Agency nursing in Liverpool"

Former Employee - RGN in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - RGN in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Prestige Nursing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work, I could choose my own hours, if I didn't like a placement then I would just not return, over time you get to do more of the placements you like.

Cons

No guarantees of work so not for the nervous, lack of continuity can mean that you are always having to establish new work relationships, navigate your way around unknown clinical areas and quickly try to adapt to new routines and different work cultures.

Advice to Management

I found management to be helpful most of the time but they did need to sort out more supervision and ongoing training.

3. "Poor company"

Current Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Liverpool, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible hours, easy to add availability

Cons

Lack of shifts. I have been an employee for over a year, completed all training (Online and practical), and only been given two shifts (With an external company, not even directly with prestige).
    Had PEG training and multiple packages cancelled (Without notification, had to ring up to ask why I had not been contacted with my start date)
    Have listed every weekend on my availability, and offered other days on a week-dependant basis, but have not been offered any shifts.
    Rang the office at least 3 times this year about shifts to be told I'd be contacted within the next week, never had a phone call back from them.
    May be good if you are very very flexible i.e. can offer any day/time. Otherwise it is unlikely you will get any shifts, especially when working part time.

Advice to Management

Staff are very friendly, but unorganised and a HUGE lack of communication. Company are continually hiring, but this should be put on hold if there are not eve enough shifts for current employees.

5. "Good for experience"

Former Employee - Home Care Assistant in Exeter, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Home Care Assistant in Exeter, England (UK)

Pros

The care staff are great and as agency you only have to work hours that suit you. The client are lovely

Cons

The office staff are bad in the way of running the company. The training could be a lot better. Giving you 10 min to get from on side of the city to the other

Advice to Management

The best thing could have happened they all left

6. "It is good to work"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Dartford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Dartford, England (UK)

I have been working at Prestige Nursing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work
    Weekly payment
    Meet great people
    Learn new skills
    Get great training
    Possibility to do NVQ's and move up the ladder

Cons

Not enough hours
    Lots of cancellations of shifts by clients
    Difficult to get a great deal of clients and hours of work when you begin

Advice to Management

Make individual meetings with workers to see if there is something to be improved

7. "Poor direction and communication"

I worked at Prestige Nursing full-time

Pros

Annual Bonus; 35 hours per week + 1 hour for lunch, work autonomously, sick pay.

Cons

Zero support, complete lack of communication, poor direction and management. Worked without a team or proper handover at the start of job; workload enormous with no help or direction. Paid to co-ordinate not to manage! Asked for reduced hours as am a single parent and wanted to be able to collect the children from school twice weekly which was massively frowned upon and largely overlooked. No praise and absolutely no support. Office environment dire, unfriendly and so quiet you could hear a pin drop due to restrictions on music and talking.

Advice to Management

Manage effectively. Give praise, leadership and support. Be clear with your instructions without changing your mind umpteen times mid-project. Be warm, approachable - and smile!

Prestige Nursing Response

May 17, 2016 – HR Manager

Firstly we are sorry to hear that Prestige did not meet your expectations as an employer. We aim to create a friendly and supportive working environment for all of our employees and believe this ... More

"Good/average pay"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Derby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Derby, England (UK)

I have been working at Prestige Nursing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good support and training ..... staff and clients lovely to work with ..... I love the fact I can have a job flexiable around school term times/Office staff fully understand/as all parents struggle with childcare.

Cons

Provided work with availability max hours (example 50 hrs / weekly) ..... actually receive less than half the given hours to work. But someone with no children/ available full time, will get majority of full time hours.