Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 1, 2019

2.8
Harold Delamarter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great central support, wonderful core values, treats employees with respect, strong reputable company and they hire great people to work with as well" (in 9 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working here and plan to make it my career" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company doesn't care about staff" (in 6 reviews)

• "Lack of communication between departments" (in 5 reviews)

1. "PCC Implementation Specialist"

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time

Pros

Great training, excellent benefits, excellent internal customer service. This is the best company I have every worked for. The hiring process was quick and was a very smooth transition. I work remotely and if I need something, they provide it

Cons

Coverage for family insurance is a bit high but great coverage so it balances out.

2. "Nice nursing staffs"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Ellensburg, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Ellensburg, WA

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people I worked with were nice.

Cons

Extensive lifting cause wrist and back problems.

3. "Fun job"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time

Pros

Good hours and loads of money

Cons

Far from everything dude. Sucks

"Great job, wonderful staff"

Current Employee - Floor RN in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Floor RN in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All staff are there for the right reasons (re: patient care), supportive of each other. Pay is great!

Cons

They are increasing acuity without increasing staffing.

"5 Core Values are lies and can be twisted to benefit company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tillamook, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tillamook, OR

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Residents, some good co workers

Cons

Equipment that is a safety hazard to both the residents and employees is never replaced. Senior Management never present. Administrators take days off and weeks off on a constant basis. Employees work sick, against the advice of doctors. Extremely poor pay rate for line staff, well below industry standards. Employees that object to the treatment of residents or call in an abuse claim are told, state inspectors will twist your words watch what you say. Any complaints about how you or the residents are treated are dealt with judgementally and given a spin by management to benefit them. Threatened by constant surveillance, told you are being watched at all times administrator gets joy out of spying on building when they are not here. Administrator will knowingly and admittedly give away your medical information to the staff when you are sick everyone is told what is wrong with you. HR is non existent they do not return calls do not give employees a fair hearing only take side of Administration do not hear your side at all. NO CALLS ARE RETURNED until after they talk to administrator and make sure they can spin it to there benefit, they are trained to help the administration get rid of people nothing more.
     Constantly short staffed in all areas. Residents are not cared for in a respectful way they are yelled at treated with sarcasm, and their pasts are brought up, and used to judge against them. If the company knows you have information contrary to a legal case they are trying to prove against an employee or resident and you say to much you will be gone.

Advice to Management

There is no Corporate presence whatsoever, I have never seen a more poorly run retirement company. You create a low paying environment of fear. No one in town wants to work here, try paying more to your staff especially line staff. Marketing and Administration stuff these buildings with people who need higher levels or different care because its all about the money. The turn over is incredible both with employees and residents. I had only met one regional manager the whole time employed, never have seen such separation from the powers that be. There are no 5 core values. You can spin it anyway you want. Try to be the first company that dont operate these hell holes. Try to stand behind a staff whose taking a stand against poor resident treatment an employee treatment instead of finding a convenient and quick way to make it impossible for an employee to continue to work there. Stop threatening employees with cameras and surveillance at all hours. While there mY be a time and place for it, being reminded and threatened with it constantly and having the administrator threaten you with it may be legal but not a positive way to work. Clean up.your buildings and fix broken equipment, when it is a constant health violation it should be fixed day one, not whenever. If it is a hazard to the residents health replace it if it cant be fixed, dont allow them to use it day in and day out and wonder why the residents are sick
      ITS NOT THE FLU! Why do you spend under 6 dollars on each resident for all 3 meals a day, but change them or there family members 10.00 for one meal?

6. "I hated quitting my job. The staff and the residents were so amazing and understanding great people"

Former Employee - Dishwasher
    Former Employee - Dishwasher

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty much a set schedule that won't change on you

Cons

No cons come to mind

Advice to Management

The Chico facility is absolutely amazing and I don't have one piece of advice I could think to try to Offer my formerboss

7. "A good place to start"

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time

Pros

Offers free cna classes, decent pay, paid time off.

Cons

Lack of communication, high turnover.

8. "The company has some issue to work out"

Current Employee - Central Supply and Staffing Coordinator in Edmonds, WA
    Current Employee - Central Supply and Staffing Coordinator in Edmonds, WA

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prestige is a very large company and I am only familiar with my location. The management staff is friendly and I enjoy working with them.

Cons

Nursing and CNA pay is lower than competitors
    Benefits could use improvement
    Staff are overworked

9. "Terrible Employer"

Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Enumclaw, WA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Enumclaw, WA

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with Senior Citizens

Cons

Company doesn't care about staff
    There Core values the go by are just words
    Money is the most important thing to them not employees not resident safety

Advice to Management

Care about you employees dont just say you do. Make sure your residents are a good fit not just another move in so your Senses is good

10. "Social Service"

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time

Pros

The resident are amazing.
    Meal benefit for employees.

Cons

Social Service Department is only staff with one person and we're defiantly overwork.

Advice to Management

For every RCM there should be one Social Service Director.