Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Harold Delamarter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of operational standards, core values not being employed or respected (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay and just about useless benefits (in 6 reviews)

1. "Dietary Cook"

Current Employee - Dietary Cook in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Dietary Cook in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm Environment Respectable staff toward each other.

Cons

Not being able to preform my duites

Advice to Management

Continue to be apart of residents everyday lives and inspire others to so

2. "Good Place to work"

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time

Pros

Over all it has a good company with good values

Cons

They don't do a great job following up with things

Advice to Management

Be more proactive with employee training

3. "Decent Place to work"

Current Employee - Community Relations
    Current Employee - Community Relations

I have been working at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They recently started offering an Employee Assistance Program after that was requested in employee surveys so I believe they listen to their advice and do what they can.
    The core values really do seem to be the main focus of management, Trust Commitment, Respect, Integrity.
    Good leadership in overall. Helpful central support office most of the time.

Cons

Expensive health insurance, high turnover, seems to focus a lot of money. sometimes wait a long time for help from higher ups when needed.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the benefits of working for Prestige. The 401k is alright, but other companies are better. Wages for caregivers should also be looked at since they are the backbone of the company.

4. "like working with an extended family"

Former Employee - CNA in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - CNA in Spokane, WA

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

loved my co-workers, loved my residents, love the resident activities, friendly community for residents and staff.

Cons

CNA is hard on your back

Advice to Management

contact local massage schools and get students to set up a booth for the CNA's on their lunch break :)

5. "PCA"

Former Employee - Pca
    Former Employee - Pca

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The few, great coworkers I met, always knew they had my back and we genuinely cared/ looked out for our residents. The few decent people there were the only reason I stayed so long.

Cons

Extremely spotty and low pay. Promises made by management were never kept, constantly got screwed out of hours and pay, but since there was no "real" way to prove we worked those hours, we had to just deal with not being paid. Asked to work extra shifts due to a high turnaround, treated like scum when we did what they asked. You miss any amount of work, regardless of the legitimacy of the reason, management pins everyone they can against you and berates you. Residents hate management, lost some good ones because they couldn't take the abuse from them anymore. Several of us reached out to corporate to try and get the mental, verbal, and emotional abuse from management to end, but nothing is ever done. They act like highschool kids and talk down to workers and residents. Also decide to talk dirt about anyone they want to, employee, resident, or family in front of everyone. It's one of the worst places to work and I feel bad for the residents that are still there.

Advice to Management

Just quit and let someone else who gives a hoot come in and run things. Horrible human beings that should not be allowed to be in charge of others.

6. "Worst place ever"

Former Employee - Charge Nurse in Milwaukie, OR
    Former Employee - Charge Nurse in Milwaukie, OR

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonus pay for extra shifts worked

Cons

Terrible management, under paid, under staffed, no appreciation. If you want your license at risk on a daily basis for a little bonus... and no respect or support. Go for it.

Advice to Management

Militant attitudes dont get you far if you want to keep good staff, if you want respect you have to earn it and support goes a long way.

7. "Med Tech /pca"

Former Employee - Med Technician in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Med Technician in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good . Co worker nice . Flexible hours

Cons

Management is horrible and plays games ,steals and totally plays employee against each other.

Advice to Management

Stop playing employees against each other

8. "Thrilled to have joined the Leadership Team as the Director of Human Resources!"

Current Employee - Director Human Resources in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Director Human Resources in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Ready to parachute in on the responsible for all aspects of the Human Resource strategy and goals to support the continued success and effectiveness of the organization. Proactively developing and implementing innovative solutions to build a dynamic organization with special emphasis on culture and people initiatives.

Cons

Amazing opportunity to be part of an organization with such a noble mission and to have the responsibility to inspire, motivate and empower a team that commits to serve others in such a meaningful way.

"CRD"

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relationships with residents and families. Relationships with industry partners is a plus.

Cons

Management is abhorrent. High turnover of Department Managers, almost no support from corporate and when you do need them they always side with the Administrator. Understaffed very often, questionable new hires, HR is only interested in making a case in favor of the company. Be very cautious if considering a job for this company. You are slapped on the hand for doing what is right and residents suffer, along with their families. If you do become an employee just know that there are double standards and discrepancies about hours, overtime. You havwcto be your own advocate to make sure you get what is due to you. Snarky, ill-equipped managers and NO recognition. It sucks the energy and passion out of you.

Advice to Management

You wouldn't listen or care to learn best practices. Not worth the effort. The culture will drive good people away again and again.

10. "RN/BSN"

Former Employee - RN/BSN in Newberg, OR
    Former Employee - RN/BSN in Newberg, OR

I worked at Prestige Senior Living/Prestige Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired and screwed

Cons

sign-on bonus to use as you please

Advice to Management

Get a clue, RN's aren't stupid & I was just screwed big-time. "Hire-on bonus to use as you please" relocation included if you want to drive a U-Haul across the country on your dime