Preston Marketing Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Karyne Bazzano

1. "Regional Director"

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, room for growth, teaches you about the industry. Generally a good place to work if you want to get into the industry and learn the ropes.

Cons

Poor management, no structure, disorganized. You work very long hours and have to do a lot of physical labor. They do not treat their employees fairly or pay on-time.

Advice to Management

Be careful with this company, however if you want to get your foot in the industry this is a great place to start. You will work hard, learn a lot and it will open a lot of doors for the future.

2. "Good place to start, but you wont want to stick around"

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to get a foot in the door.
    They are in desperate need of motivated individuals wanting to pick up extra duties for pay which can lead to a leadership position.
    Put in the time, work your way up and get out while you have your youth/sanity.

Cons

Getting paid can be such an ordeal like others mention.

Boston Leadership lacks professionalism when dealing with employees.
    Never have I seen senior level staff yell and degrade employees like at Preston.

Unreasonable expectation on local staff, especially assistant and area managers.
    Worked your way up to assistant manager, and a model bailed on a promotion that's in 3 hours and is located 3 1/2 hours away? Better get your butt in the car and drive like the wind.
    What's that? you have plans? Too bad, better be at the bar in 3 hours or be rung out over the phone by leadership.
    Worked your way up to an area manager? better be available 24/7. You must be available during the day hours for office calls, and available by phone till all promotions end at 2 a.m.
    When you work for Preston in any leadership facit work will be your life.

Advice to Management

Recognize the manager and staff outside of Boston do not have the support those in the Boston office do.
    When a manager in Boston gets a stack of new weeked promotions to fill on their desk at 5:00 on Friday they have a network in the office to help them.

Stop trying to not pay employees. Fix the system and speed it up. Trying to line up staff is hundred times harder when no one wants to work for you because they haven't gotten paid for the month prior.

3. "no title"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced environment, great clients that you will want to work hard for, represent iconic brands across a variety of fields, no day is like another, variety of "things to do", can work from home and/or in field or in office when applicable

Cons

management mirco manages, slow and/or no pay

Advice to Management

none

5. "I Work To Get A Paycheck - Not To Be A Volunteer"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, fun work and and good pay (if you can get paid).

Cons

Trying to get your paycheck. There seems to be always an issue. You could wait 8 or 10 weeks for a check. They need to issue debit cards to the brand ambassadors so we do not have to spend our own money to purchase supplies. Also, too much time spent taking photos, etc. for the job. Do you want us to sell the product or take photos?

Advice to Management

Please look into the payroll situation and stop expecting us to come across with the supplies for the event.

6. "pleasant"

Pros

company has really good communication

Cons

sales models not all professional

7. "Good college money"

Former Employee - Promotional Model in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Promotional Model in Boston, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make your own hours, schedule and have fun while working

Cons

The areas were sometimes not nice. Preston also revamped and cut everyone's pay and said we all had to work a certain number of hours if we wanted to earn our original rate.

Advice to Management

Decent management- told us what to do and gave me space to do it.

8. "Gave me the authority to run the business as if it were my own, setting your own pace, to gauge my productivity."

Former Employee - Promotional Sales Model Coordinator/Media Relationship Specialist in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Preston Marketing promotes organically for leadership positions based on your experiences while working from the start. Personally I was able to hire my sales team and work with a team that would always produce results. Preston allows you to set your own goals to achieve and they are always recognized from the management team, and when they are, you get income bonus incentives, which made me work harder at the next event you coordinate. Flexible yet organized; a great career starter to help develop skills to use in future opportunities, & #1 is Networking, meeting people from all walks of this industry tom learn from. Reimbursement for expenses (gas) was a plus.

Cons

Politics with the owners getting in the way of advancement. Compensation was my main issue with the company, hours were never hardly ever documented correctly through the online portal and hours worked were sometimes lost and never reimbursed? Happened about 2-3 times while I worked for them. Other than that, great college job for young beautiful women to look into, and possibly advance within based on your performance at the events you coordinate with your team.

Advice to Management

Stop with the politics and look for real winners who would actually change the company a set the [ace for success. If I were to give any advice to management is that I was made a proposition to become a brand ambassador and because of a specific person who was in charge of deciding whom would take the position, ended up taking it away and giving it to a friend, rather than to the girl that worked her tail off, to grow with the company. I would probably still be with you today.

"an absolute joke of a company"

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hourly pay is decent.. but don't expect to be paid on time

Cons

as i mentioned in the "pros" section.. the hourly pay is decent but you will NEVER get your check on time and 9 times out of 10 you will have an issue. I've been with the company 2+ years and pick up 2 promos a week, you WILL get your money eventually but it will takes weeks and weeks... so do not work for preston if you are resilient on this paycheck.

Advice to Management

your company is going down the tubes... good luck to your future

"Worst marketing company EVER"

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in New York, NY

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros this company is bs. I would of given them 0 stars if the site allowed it

Cons

No payment !! I am currently filing a lawsuit against Preston because like others stated, they do not pay you when they are suppose to and when they do you will be shorted. And like the others mentioned, many times you will show up to these promos and the people there wouldn't even know you were coming because the company does not confirm with them

Advice to Management

Pay your employees!!!!

11. "Good part-time job"

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many events, but things get slow around Jan/Feb. I am able to make my own schedule and work when I am available w/o being penalized.

Cons

Sometimes the checks take a while. I always get what I'm owed, but I wish it was a bit faster

Advice to Management

Management has been really organized in the past year or so...I am content with it.