KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pret A Manger

Engaged Employer

Pret A Manger

Add a Review

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews about "food"

Updated Aug 5, 2022

Found 447 of over 1,806 reviews

3.1
Pret A Manger CEO Pano Christou
Pano Christou

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Free food and when the shop is not busy you get an opinion to go home.(in 213 reviews)
  • "The pay is good for the job and the company policies really look after you.(in 92 reviews)
  • "Great for people who want to work in restaurants in the future(in 64 reviews)
  • "Great teams(in 51 reviews)
  • "Good salary and job conditions(in 50 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pret A Manger and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0

Not good!

May 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like the food it's free and team is nice

Cons

Bad manager and team leader is lazy in the office long hours little wage Not a good company to work for

14 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful Company to work for!

May 19, 2019 - Team Member in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Pret A Manger for 4 years! The atmosphere was amazing and we worked great as a Team. The customers were really friendly and they would make your day go quickly and smoothly. The hourly pay rate is decent and you get paid every Thursday which is great! I was allowed to pick shifts around my personal life and commitments! You are allowed free food and drink (free coffee is so useful in the morning) on your shift which is so nice! I miss having that perk because Pret is so delicious! When your off shift you get 50% off food and drink. Career Progression is highly regarded within the company and I was promoted to Supervisor after 2 years. Trust me I did not like resignation from Pret.

Cons

The job was sometimes really stressful. Firstly, the full time staff had really early starts from 5am and the hours were extremely long. My colleagues who worked full time were absolutely battered in the last 2 hours of thier shift and it was so disheartening to see them go through this. Some of them were quite upset and stressed out. I was working part time so for me lunch time was a real pain. Sometimes, we had to make Sandwiches and Baguettes within 30 seconds. They had to be made and on the shelf within 15 minutes. You are constantly under pressure. You need to memorise how to make 10-15 different types of coffee and they have to be made within 20 seconds so the customer only spends a minute in the store if they are taking out. If you really want to be successful at Pret you need to be in your managers "good books" or their "favourite employee" and they are lenient on you. Otherwise, you are treated like a robot by them. If one person makes one mistake when a mystery shopper is in the store the whole team have to suffer and we all lose out on the £1 extra per hour bonus. The shelves have to constantly be filled else we lose out on the £1 extra per hour bonus. That's a loss of £25 if you work 25 hours a week at Pret. Overall, I still recommend it to people who are looking to kick start their career!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Conflicted,,

Mar 29, 2013 - Administrative Opener in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food for items made in store.. half off items that are bought to sell. Weekly bonuses + tips. Statewide company party twice a year.

Cons

Heavy workload, borderline demeaning, discrimination.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

good job a bit heavy

Mar 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

team friendly and free food

Cons

long hours but is ok

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0

Don’t like black

Aug 3, 2021 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and when the shop is not busy you get an opinion to go home. Not for your benefit because you don’t get paid!

Cons

Racist management. They have serious issues that need to be resolved. I wouldn’t recommend this job to any black or brown person! They will bully you and remind you your place in society! It’s disgusting

7 people found this review helpful