PriceSpider Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2020

4.0
PriceSpider CEO Anthony Ferry
Anthony Ferry
Pros
  • "The office is a nice open environment with a game room, ping pong table, scooters, snowballs, and Nerf Guns(in 6 reviews)

• "pong table(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "With a growing company comes growing pains as the company tries to expand their internal systems(in 4 reviews)

• "The communication skills of upper management need to be drastically improved(in 4 reviews)

1. "Amazing group of smart and dedicated professionals"

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time

Pros

Overall a very good company to work for. I come to work with some of the most hardworking and talented coworkers. Very open culture and welcoming environment. Management is easy to approach. Great people and work culture.

Cons

The company is scaling fast. It can be hard to come up if you're not focused on what you do.

2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A fast growing company with a wealth of opportunities.

Cons

Still suffering from some growing pains.

3. "Awesome work environment"

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time

Pros

Great colleagues and management, talented, supportive and friendly. Lots of room for growth, both professionally and skill wise. Innovative company that encourages new ideas and collaboration. The company also does a great job of keeping their employees motivated with a mix of competitive salary and interesting projects.

Cons

Things can get busy here very quickly. Stay ahead with good time management skills.

"Collaborative atmosphere"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time

Pros

Open doors work environment with a collaborative and positive atmosphere. I’m glad to work in a high energy team, full of motivated and smart people. We have all the needed tools and a good support from the leadership to do our best job. I have a competitive compensation with very good benefits, including health, vision, dental, life insurance, paid holidays, 401K and more.

Cons

No cons, work has been good so far.

"Important and interesting projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the fastest growing retail technology company, with important clients and great projects, where you can develop new skills and advance professionally. I have a good collaboration with QA and design teams; our results are appreciated. Here you'll have a good exposure to cloud platforms, OLAP bigdata environments and machine learning platforms. It's a demanding role, but you'll have a nice and competitive salary.

Cons

Not something negative, but you need to play different roles as needed, some days will be busier than others.

"Excellent work experience"

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time

Pros

I'm glad to work with the most important brand manufacturers. The work environment is stress-free and relaxed. I appreciate the good communication and collaboration across all levels. This company is well-organised, leadership knows how to motivate us and they try to keep us all on the same track. I am happy to have a stable and 100% secure job, with lots of trainings and career opportunities. The benefits package is very good.

Cons

Can't think of any real cons

"Cutting edge of industry - fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time for more than a year

Pros

PriceSpider has a lot of opportunity and is a fast growing retail tech company. It’s exciting to be apart of a data driven company that is pioneering its space. The work culture is great and benefits/perks/compensation are competitive. Leadership and HR are advocates for the employees and are transparent - the team fosters top down - bottom down communication and is does not turn a cheek to some of our challenges. What I appreciate about PriceSpider is the growth mindset in all regards - whether that be on the business side or growing its staff, the team is always #1 priority to its business leaders.

Cons

I think adopting a 401k match will be a game changer!

Continue reading

"Allergic to collaborations and interaction"

2.0
    Former Employee - Admininstative Assistant

I worked at PriceSpider full-time for less than a year

Pros

It can still be a place to practice and put your skills to work and a chance to enhance them.

Cons

The office is as boring and empty as they show it. People usually work alone, all by themselves and seem to be allergic to collaborations and interaction.

Continue reading

"Sad, pathetic and desperate"

1.0

I worked at PriceSpider full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I worked with some great people, but there are going to be good people in every company. - You may get the chance to gain some technical experience if you're lucky. - It's better than fast food in most cases.

Cons

- Salaries are mediocre to bad across the board, most positions are paid well below industry standards. The company likes to spend money on shallow things like parties instead of investing in their employees. - Departments are not treated equally, Operations especially are treated like dirt. Upper management is drinking their own Kool-aid and think they can fully automate them in the near future. Good luck with that. - Job titles don't seem to mean much. The finalized job description for my role was written as vaguely as possible to sound like a mix of customer support, tech support, and engineering. - Toxic people. There are multiple people within the company that gossip and bully people to get ahead and play office politics. When these issues are brought up they'll be excused as jokes or personality quirks. Pretty fake and bad company culture all around. - Silo mentality is rampant and there is almost no documentation for some processes. People leave the company and their knowledge isn't passed on to anyone. Working at PriceSpider was a bummer in general and by the end of my time there I was miserable every day. I genuinely hope most people working there are able to find jobs that aren't terrible in the future.

"pretty good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PriceSpider full-time

Pros

friendly co-workers, decent pay, and benefits are ok

Cons

too many different technologies used to accomplish basically the same thing

Found 70 reviews