Priceline Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love my job, but can't pay my bills"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Pinjarra (Australia)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Pinjarra (Australia)

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the girls I work with
    Close to home
    Community pharmacy

Cons

No stock
    $18.50p/h
    Coles staff get paid more to ask if you have flybuys
    No encouragement or opportunity to go to trainings & learn about new products
    No room to advance

Advice to Management

Filter your franchisee's

2. "Great place to work"

I worked at Priceline Pharmacy part-time

Pros

Really flexible with personal requirements
    Supportive, friendly working environment
    Generous staff discounts including all products
    They were really interested in helping their staff develop their skills and take opportunities to take on higher responsibilities and roles.

Cons

I didn't feel as prepared as I could have been in regards to product knowledge and answering customer enquiries. As their products range from pharmaceuticals to cosmetics, staff should have had more product training in all product types.

Advice to Management

As above I would advise that management develop more training programs and requirements for all staff so that they are better equipped to deal with customers and more confident in the workspace.

3. "Pros/Cons"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Priceline Pharmacy part-time

Pros

Great place to work, excellent pay, friendly people, great customer service experience, great work life balance

Cons

tiresome when standing long hours behind the register, tiresome stock work, other than that everything else is good

Advice to Management

continue to keep the fun culture in the workplace and keep employees happy; not be too strict on the employees and ensure they enjoy coming to work every day

4. "pharmacy assist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy full-time

Pros

good work culture, training, flexible

Cons

always on ur feet, hard work

5. "It's O-K, depends of the ownership"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Priceline corporate events like conference and training through the year are always really good. Staff members always have a good day hearing about upcoming products and having an opportunity to try them.

Cons

Your happiness will depend on the owners of the store. Some owners are really great and give a good environment. Some owners are horrible, break compliance, whinge constantly about things outside of anyone's control and generally have little to no business training.

Advice to Management

Create a pre-requisite for pharmacists before they buy in as a managing partner, I feel like they need to do some sort of business course before being aloud to buy in as partner so they actually understand how a business works.

6. "Not unless your desperate"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honesty don't have any pros to provide. The only pro I could find while I was there is at least I had a job

Cons

Min. Pay, hard to move up, the sisterhood cub sign ups are pushed to much, management are rude and unfriendly

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to staff

7. "Worst workplace ever, I would rate 0/5 on eveything if I could"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Mona Vale, New South Wales (Australia)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Mona Vale, New South Wales (Australia)

Pros

I met very few great people that were actually nice in the workplace.
    That's it.

Cons

Don't work there unless you are over 33 and cant get a job, you will most likely be treated like **** if you're below the age of 33 (still most likely to be treated **** if you're fresh meat). Very poorly paid for working with sick and injured people, medicine and dangerous conditions (was threatened to be punch on multiple occasions) ($9.72 per hour and this is before the new/updated award of 2017 comes in). My boss was VERY unorganised and pulled me off and on shifts when I never asked for and with no communication about it (pulled me off my last two shifts of work, even after stating when my last shift would be, then blames it on me). Would blame everything on the worker when it was clearly her fault. Barely any communication within the work place no one knew where anything was because shelves were constantly changed, products moved/ not sold anymore. No one really ever knew who was coming into work if someone was out sick, some people never actually turned up because they didn't know they were rostered. VERY unsanitary (cockroaches, dead bugs, workplace barely cleaned, messy and unorganised). the air conditioning never worked and the standard uniform is a black Priceline top and long black pants, so it was horrible working conditions in hot weather - we even had some products packaging melt or the product itself explode (vitimines) because of the hot weather and heated lights. It seemed like there was some sort of hierarchy which was mostly used to control staff. Medicine that was expired in less than a month would be given out to customers. Staff room lockers never fitted for proper locks. Re-sold used products. Some products that were opened by other customers were tapped back up and sold. Customers were cheated most of the time. Back to back sales was very stressful; wasting paper on over 500 tickets to be put out (sometimes for sales on for just 3 days). Overall, do no work at Priceline (especially the pharmacy in Mona Vale, it is a disgusting place!!!!!!!!). Honestly better to work at KFC, there's better pay there! I cannot put into words how much of a terrible experience working at Priceline was!!!

Advice to Management

management/boss courses- constantly assessed and watched over to see if right things are done. Cleaning is to be seen done properly and something done about the bugs. Less back to back sales and wasting paper!!! Better treatment with staff. Make sure all stores and sanitary and not giving out expired or close to expired medicines. Working in Mona Vale was absolutely horrible, I would never recommend someone to work there even if it kills be, and I rate 0/5 on everything!!!

8. "Retail assistant"

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy full-time

Pros

The friendships I made with the other girls I worked with were amazing.

Cons

Everything. Terrible pay, terrible management, a business that encourages workplace bullying, absolutely zero respect for staff. An embarrassment of a business.

Advice to Management

Treat the few staff you have left with some decency and respect.

9. "good first job"

Pros

friendly, laid back environment
    forms good relationships

Cons

no training provided
    low pay rates

10. "Excellent environment"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Priceline Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and very helpful staffs and management
    Good discount
    Easy customers
    Work life balance good break time
    Products are awesome

Cons

Travelling time was too long due to my location
    Huge store so will be hard to learn at first
    Otherwise none!