Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Priceline.com Reviews

Updated Dec 2, 2019

3.6
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company and friendly people.

Cons

No snacks in Connecticut office.

Priceline.com2019-07-31

"Good workplace, but the place needs some work"

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Mostly great people, fun events, challenging work. The transparency from leadership is refreshing, and constructive criticism is encouraged at all levels. Company culture is important.

Cons

Lack of communication between product and marketing teams. This creates a feeling that we are not all working as a team, but all have different agendas and compete against each other. Way too many meetings, and meetings that last too long. Much like I pointed out above, communication is essential whether it be between different teams within the same department or different departments, but there is a point in... which the amount of time spent in meetings can be detrimental to workload, work-life balance, and morale. The Design Team is in shambles which is most likely a temporary status, but they seem to be overwhelmed even when fully staffed and without a stable process in place in terms of working with different teams. We seem to be taking on too many new projects before perfecting old ones.

Advice to Management

Unite product and marketing departments. How can the goal of collaboration between the different entities under the Booking umbrella be achieved if it can’t even be achieved on an internal basis? CUT DOWN MEETINGS. Communication is key, especially when trying to get different departments on the same page, but sometimes it’s not necessary to pull everyone away from their daily tasks for an hour a week or a few hours... each quarter just to have a catch up. Help the Design Team. Fully staff this team, and create SLAs between a fully staffed design team and other teams that utilize the Design Team on a regular basis. Finish what you start. International expansion is excellent and necessary, but let’s perfect what we have been working on first so we can bring that knowledge with us into the international space

Priceline.com2019-07-02

"Once a powerhouse, now in the basement"

Former Employee - Product in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice office space, fair work-life balance, pretty good benefits, making strides to right the ship.

Cons

Priceline has a long way to go to return to its glory days. What once used to be the innovative and disruptive brand in travel is now just another option on the long list of ways to book travel. The company has seen massive turnover at all levels of the organization, many due to poor management and leadership. If you are a "favorite" of the CEO (and by "favorite" I mean someone who has the same "beliefs" as him),... you have a decent chance at career advancement. Other than that, you're just a number.

Advice to Management

My advice to Booking Holdings Management: Time to clean house at the top. Or speed up the plans everyone knows exist: Fold into Booking.com and be done with it.

Priceline.com2019-07-22
  4. "Fast paced, interesting work, great culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Priceline is a great place to work. No workplace is without change and challenges - the people at priceline work around obstacles and adapt to change well. The company is data driven and decision making is collaborative. If you have data to support a theory, there is the freedom to test it. Casual environment, but hard workers. If there is anyone toxic in the culture, they usually don't last too long.

Cons

No major cons for the company itself. The industry is highly competitive so staying ahead of the competition is a constant challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on technology and new product innovation. The transparency that management provides is very helpful to employees. Time off to volunteer on things that matter to people is great.

Priceline.com2019-06-19
  5. "Great place to have a long career!"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great technologist to learn from.

Cons

Can be viewed as a step child to Booking.com, but really an independent entity.

Priceline.com2019-06-17
  6. "Great company, Great atmosphere, Great people."

Former Employee - NOC Specialist in Westport, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, Hours, Perks, People, Free parking.

Cons

Can't think of any CONS.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Priceline.com2019-06-14

"It’s all going to change... maybe?"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have the honor of working with great talent. Very nice people and good managers

Cons

They all left. That tells you something...from to to the bottom. I don’t know what it will take for leadership to realize we are at a point of not being able to retain any valuable talent... in most of the teams that I work with. It’s sad.

Advice to Management

Cleanse out the toxic leadership and start recognizing valuable employees and give them the confidence to stay! They deserve to be treated better! Much much better!

Priceline.com2019-06-17
  8. "Lean & Agile working environment"

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment with frequent iterations of new tech/product launches. Great benefits and social events.

Cons

Work/life balance can be at conflict.

Priceline.com2019-06-17

"Good place to work. Needs to recognize talent more."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company benefits. Great new CTO and CEO who you want to believe in. Talent across all teams. Snacks refilled constantly. Great industry experience.

Cons

An underlying sense of fear the salaries will go down significantly with a new office in Mumbai. Makes your job security seem meaningless when someone can take your job for a fraction of the price. Way too product focused and technical debt builds on from it.

Priceline.com2019-06-06

"All about Priceline as a place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good challenge every day

Cons

Little training , would like more career progression possibilities

Priceline.com2019-05-05