Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Priceline.com Reviews

Updated Dec 2, 2019

3.6
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller

"Change is hard, but headed in the right direction"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

- Working at a smaller company allows me to have more impact and less bureaucracy - Much better work/life balance than previous companies where I was responding to email all weekend long. For the most part, people actually go home at a reasonable hour - Benefits are terrific

Cons

- In year two of reinventing our business which is draining. We are on a good path, but driving change throughout the organization is difficult and hard to get everyone on the same page

Priceline.com2018-05-14

"Downward spiral"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Really great benefits: 401k match per pay period Different health plans with separate dental and vision options Flexible work schedule/location- come in late or leave early for an appointment. Work from home if your job allows, as needed

Cons

Your experience at Priceline depends on what department you work in. Some are in absolute turmoil and I’ve been working in one of those departments. You can see the physical toll that stress and the working environment has on employees. My department lacks unity, communication, and leadership. I used to enjoy my job but now it just makes me sick. My boss is an arrogant narcissist who is too busy floating his own... boat to care to understand things that are important or provide any kind of direction or mentorship for his direct reports. Parties/events were way better a few years back when planning was collaborative/inclusive. Not everything has to be a secret!

Advice to Management

Find a better way to get good talent! Some of the most recent people that were hired for leadership roles in my department have driven it into the ground. They are bosses/managers but not leaders. Some have stayed for a year or 2 and then left but the turmoil they created remains. They hire friends from previous jobs for open positions so the cycle never ends. Constant turnover impacts employees and the work we are... doing. Find good people that will stay long term who know how to lead, grow, and develop their direct reports. Parties, events, and ugly swag do not make employees happy.

Priceline.com2018-05-10

"Rife with Favortism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Smart peers to work with.

Cons

Unless you are in the good graces with the upper management, your voice is not heard. Favoritism is rampant and it is not even hidden. There has been a lot of chaos and reorganizations taking place over the past few years that have only exacerbated the problem of favoritism. After the CIO was unceremoniously fired, a new reckless, incompetent CTO took his place and bullied his way around with an ax,... slashing and cutting managers at will and bringing in his own "buddies" to continue the carnage. Left in the wake are a bunch of good people either let go, or quit in justified disgust. HR personnel are gutless to do anything about it, but then again, in their defense, they are also in fear of their jobs. Privately, they will acknowledge what's happening is wrong, but publicly can't or are unwilling to interfere, even though that is their job - pathetic! Do yourself a favor and avoid working for this "wolf in sheep's clothing" company! They really don't care about you - their actions belie their words. They only care about themselves... don't find that out the hard way!

Advice to Management

Middle-management - grow a spine and do what is right for the good men and women that work under you. A good leader will have their employees' back and support them. Upper-management - You should be ashamed of yourselves! HR - You are useless.

Priceline.com2018-06-04

"Trending down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Very talented workforce, pretty good work/life balance, household name brand, good bonus package compared to other companies. Opportunities to learn in the right areas. HR at face value is tries hard to make change

Cons

Director and above positions seem to have a poor gauge on the current state of affairs. Many teams have been in disarray last few years, lots of talent leaving. Dominated by sister companies and competitors. Very little room for growth unless you’re buddy buddy with the right people, and leaders that treat you more like a number than a person.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in work environments. Working culture needs to change. Learn from the way Booking.com does things.

Priceline.com2018-04-29

"Manager, Facilities"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Priceline for the past 10 years, under 3 Leadership teams, and can truthfully say that the current one is exceptionally professional and changing the culture for the better. The implementation of goals and objectives, factored in with technical teams to work better together, is an improvement over the previous method of working individually and the credit goes to our CEO and the professional... P&C senior VP and her staff. There is now accountability for all of us and our targets are being met. I am thoroughly impressed with this company and its future.

Cons

There are no Cons. This Company, although large in size, provides many amenities not provided by competing Companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Change is going to make this Company even better and more profitable. This Company has a "heart for its Employees"

Priceline.com2018-04-18

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Big company, some good people

Cons

horrendous mentorship, worst guidance (0 guidance). Provide zero support for young people who came with excitement and after a while they all become discouraged

Advice to Management

Make good documentations when mangers don't have time for any training

Priceline.com2018-05-12

"Sad for them, should have thought it thru"

Former Employee - Hotel in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, building offers nice social environments, CEO update is great-keeps the employees in the know and feels genuine. Summer Friday early leave appreciated.

Cons

The project with agoda was a terrible choice in which ruined many opportunities for the company and employees. Decision was not thought thru especially regarding the people within the organization. CS is arrogant and will always pick favorites. Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Take a pulse if your employees and if you are not acting on feedback then shame on you. CEO is great and miss him but I pray that the agoda priceline relationship doesn’t kill the entire company because that would be very unfortunate.

Priceline.com2018-04-09
  8. "Very smart, very friendly company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Priceline for less than a year. In my interview process, I was told about the warm work culture and priority for work-life balance that exists at Priceline. You never know! But I have found that to be even more impressive than it was described. It is a company that is very data-focused - the data dictates the decisions that are made, in almost every instance. This means that everyone works... with a shared set of facts. Management is interpersonally very warm and there's a sense that teams are working together toward shared goals, versus in fiefdoms and competing teams. Expectations are certainly high, but the culture I am experiencing makes them more reachable. This is proving to be a very enjoyable place to work. And getting home at a normal hour is a pleasure I haven't experienced for some time.

Cons

The food situation is only ok, but a small price to pay.

Priceline.com2018-03-27
  9. "Wonderful team to work with"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

-Great team members and coworkers that love working toward a common goal

Cons

-Politics can be hard to navigate to achieve success

Priceline.com2018-04-04
  10. "PriceLine"

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Location is hard to reach because of traffic.

Priceline.com2018-03-05