Priceline.com Senior Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Priceline.com Senior Director Reviews

Updated May 5, 2019

4.5
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller

"Finally Found My Corporate Home!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company filled with smart, dedicated, and kind people. We take care of each other and our community. And of course, our customers! The lack of bureaucracy and expedient decision making creates an environment where you can contribute quickly and make a significant impact. Titles don't carry the day...ideas do! We work hard, play hard and give hard at Priceline.com. It's a place where I can spread my wings,... find purpose and meaning in what I do, and be appreciated for what I bring to the table.

Cons

There is a resistance to change from some employees. Part fear, part stubbornness, part comfort with the status quo. My hope is that they will embrace the vision for our bright future and get on board with us.

Advice to Management

Start tooting our horn. We're a very humble company...sometimes to a fault. This company is a gem that cares about our employees, our community and our customers. Every day we have a positive impact on all three. We need to tell that story.

Priceline.com2018-06-14

"good people to work with, IT leadership needs to be addressed"

Former Employee - IT Senior Director in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good people to work with, great benefits

Cons

IT leadership needs correction, culture adjusted

Priceline.com2019-05-05
  3. "Very smart, very friendly company"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Priceline for less than a year. In my interview process, I was told about the warm work culture and priority for work-life balance that exists at Priceline. You never know! But I have found that to be even more impressive than it was described. It is a company that is very data-focused - the data dictates the decisions that are made, in almost every instance. This means that everyone works... with a shared set of facts. Management is interpersonally very warm and there's a sense that teams are working together toward shared goals, versus in fiefdoms and competing teams. Expectations are certainly high, but the culture I am experiencing makes them more reachable. This is proving to be a very enjoyable place to work. And getting home at a normal hour is a pleasure I haven't experienced for some time.

Cons

The food situation is only ok, but a small price to pay.

Priceline.com2018-03-27

"Very good experience"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Senior leadership is very open and welcoming. No one at the senior level shies away from communicating directly about the business and there's a great forum for submitting questions for the CEO & execs to answer (which they do). There seems to be a clear focus on employees and wanting to make it a great place to work. There is a shared focus throughout the organization on doing the right thing for the customer - in... fairness there are opportunities to do things better but it's certainly not for lack of commitment to making changes & improvements.

Cons

As a somewhat new person I find there's a contingent of "that's the way we've always done it" people but (on the plus side) management is very supportive of questioning the status quo. Technology tools internally are outdated but (again) there is commitment from leadership to invest and get it done if the 'status quo' people can get on board or get out of the way.

Advice to Management

Break down silos - you do a great job communicating at the exec level and I believe there is desire to innovate and evolve; that's not necessarily shared throughout the org so even groups who are on board with that run into roadblocks because others want to maintain status quo.

Priceline.com2017-09-20