Priceline.com Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Priceline.com Senior Software Engineer Reviews

Updated 17 Jun 2019

2.4
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
  1. "Awesome People and Hell lots of opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning is the key here Latest tech stack Competitive Salary Good People Good Work Life Balance Great group overall Good Leadership

Cons

Needs to be more innovative Needs to go global Less staff for the amount of work we have Hire right

Priceline.com2017-09-15

"It’s all going to change... maybe?"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have the honor of working with great talent. Very nice people and good managers

Cons

They all left. That tells you something...from to to the bottom. I don’t know what it will take for leadership to realize we are at a point of not being able to retain any valuable talent... in most of the teams that I work with. It’s sad.

Advice to Management

Cleanse out the toxic leadership and start recognizing valuable employees and give them the confidence to stay! They deserve to be treated better! Much much better!

Priceline.com2019-06-17

"Neutral place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great challenges coming up with the CLOUD transformation happening. The business is complex and requires a lot of good engineering to get it right. Work life balance can be achieved if you don't deal with micro managers like I do.

Cons

The lack of a development plan. Most principal engineers are not even seniors. Hiring process is not on par with daily tasks. No communication between teams. Some engineers will do whatever they want to do just because their manager is extremely weak. Low budget company - everything is a struggle - even snacks are a problem.

Priceline.com2018-09-18

"when the CEO asks people to put good reviews on glassdoor...."

Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com for more than a year

Pros

I have the privilege to work with some of the smartest people in different teams. Good benefits, but below industry average. Learned a lot

Cons

I have to do everything myself without getting support. Talented people are leaving at a faster pace I have ever witnessed....very sad. I don't think the senior management cares at this point of people leaving. Nepotism. Played from the top level down.

Advice to Management

I don't think they would listen, but..... It's a big change from the time I started till the time I end...Things have changed. I went from motivated to frustrated. At first I just thought I would work with great talent, and learn different cool tech, but it got out of control fast. Our hard work is not recognized. As a result, people are leaving at a rate the fastest the company has ever seen. I can't speak... too much about other departments, but in Tech, things are getting out of control. I don't expect the CTO to know everything about tech, but when he struggles with making basic senses of our vision for development, strategy, or even optimization of our infrastructure, I lost faith after constantly being disappointed. There are projects that lasted more than 2 years that don't even have an adoption rate of more than 5%, and they are STILL debating the fundamental technology architecture. My job involves working with different teams, and the lack of communications or willingness to cooperate is shocking. I don't imagine people to participate everything with priorities of their own, but as a result, I have seen the most amount of technical debt in my whole career life. It's exhausting, having to constantly fight for what I believe is right. The senior management almost never provides any help after I pledge to them time after time. After seeing people who stood their ground sharing their thoughts being fired one after another, I chose to keep quiet. Look at the staff you have left, they are 80% of people who have been with the firm more than 10 years, and unwilling to adopt new technologies or refuse to listen to new ideas. After 5 re-organizations in the past 2 years, most of the vital and talented people left, leaving people who don't have working ethics, who bully their employees, and who refuses to listen in charge. It's a big problem for my mental wellness. I tried to care, but in the end, I don't want to beat the dead horse. Good luck.

Priceline.com2018-06-13

"Awesome for fresh candidates. Not so for experienced."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot to learn from. Technologists get to work on industry leading products and software. Employees are pushed to their limits.

Cons

Not all teams are fun to work with. Not much career development in certain departments. Certain people are not very welcoming.

Advice to Management

Pay and recognize better to retain employees.

Priceline.com2016-06-20

"Great experience to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work with talented people in travel online business. Dynamic working environment with fast changing technology

Cons

It is still a travel company facing competition from competitor.

Advice to Management

Provide better IT training

Priceline.com2013-07-27