Priceline.com Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

3.9
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance and cutting edge technology(in 44 reviews)

• "Additionally, Priceline has a Great Culture w/ excellent work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Priceline prides itself on being lean, unfortunately this also extends to how it compensates its employees(in 15 reviews)

• "It’s nice that everyone is dedicated, but the work/life balance can get overwhelming at times(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with Smart People

Jan 11, 2021 - Associate Account Manager in Norwalk, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very intelligent people. Hard working environment that sets you up to excel at all aspects. No “hippo” (highest paid persons opinion) rule helps everyone have a say and back up their arguments with data.

Cons

Some times the environment is too serious. It’s nice that everyone is dedicated, but the work/life balance can get overwhelming at times.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for this thoughtful review. The backbone of Priceline is our people, and we take great pride in having a culture that attracts intelligent and hardworking people who are a pleasure to be around. That being said, we are sorry that you experienced an overwhelming environment at times. During the current pandemic, it has been difficult for people to transition into the working from home, which can lead to an ever changing and sometimes overwhelming lifestyle. Rest assured, we believe in the importance of balance and want our employees to take care of themselves. We encourage employees to work directly with their managers to balance their workload and personal obligations.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A regular big company with lower pay but good W/L balance

Jan 19, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Good people The people you work closely with are friendly and generally pleasant. * Ok benefits * Good work/life balance I've rarely felt overworked. If you're green engineer, when joining you can learn a lot for up to a period.

Cons

* Below market pay Priceline prides itself on being lean, unfortunately this also extends to how it compensates its employees. I've talked to others who've felt the same. *No meritocracy *Lack of passion I truly get the feeling that many IC's and managers lack passion/ownership in their work, possibly due to being undercompensated, or underrecognized or its a vicious circle where they lose interest because the people around them have already lost it. * Lack of technical product management Product managers have narrow views for features as they're not technical enough to see more feature possibilities which leads to lack of growth.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for submitting this thoughtful review. We take pride in treating all employees fairly and equitably, most especially as it relates to compensation. We regularly benchmark externally to assess our competitiveness in the market for talent and adjust if warranted. We differentiate pay based on performance each year during our compensation planning process. In turn, we have an incredibly dedicated, talented and passionate group of employees that are driven daily by our collective desire to bring the very best deals to our customers - so they can experience the moments that matter most to them. We wish you well in this next step in your career and trust you’ve found a place that best suits your personal passions.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 14, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

talented workforce, great location, good benefits, good culture, good work life balance

Cons

slow to update tech, too much testing

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing this review. We are glad to hear that your experience with Priceline has been an overall positive one. We pride ourselves on being on the forefront of the latest, cutting-edge technology. For example, we have made a substantial investment in new data infrastructures and technologies. Our customers are at the center of everything that we do as an organization. We heavily rely on testing to ensure that changes in functionality and product enhancements are yielding the best possible user experience for our customers. We want any changes to be strategic and yield value for the customer. All the best to you in your future endeavors!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place

Jan 8, 2021 - Technical Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance and cutting edge technology

Cons

nothing to mention. but sense politics in some dept.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had a mostly positive experience with Priceline! We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Former Priceline Employee

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Business Analyst in Norwalk, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance and culture

Cons

Salary not competitive, and stock option has a 3 year vesting period

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. It is important to us that we provide a competitive salary to our employees. We regularly benchmark externally to assess our competitiveness in the market for talent and adjust if warranted.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Provides self motivated individuals with a diverse work experience and growth opportunities

Oct 22, 2020 - Director of Technology in Norwalk, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Decent benefits * Good work life balance * Strong technology oriented culture

Cons

* Some part of the organization have older tech stacks

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to grow with the company

Dec 31, 2019 - Senior Data Scientist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great work life balance resulted from the scientific management system (Agile and Quarterly goals) 2. Great benefits 3. Friendly environment to learn new technology and knowledge 4. As the company is still growing per business and technology, the business requirements will push you to jump outside comfort zone and learn continuously 5. Strong supports from Booking Holdings sibling companies which makes the company have great potentials 6. People are friendly, company structure is kind of flat, and offices doors are all open, so your voice will be heard by any level if you want

Cons

1. Company does not have formal program to cultivate fresh graduates, so most of the new blood of the company comes from other companies. 2. As most of the positions empty after people left are filled with experienced people from outside(both individual contributor and management tracks), so the culture of the company is a mixture as different team leaders are having different cultures inside teams. 3. As management positions are not filled from inside, during the management change, there will be contradictory plans showing up especially in details (the same direction from high level, but different opinions of how to achieve the goals). 4. All of the reasons above make the career development path inside the company not very clear, especially for management track

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work and amazing culture

Feb 21, 2020 - Talent Acquisition in Norwalk, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

THE PEOPLE by far! Additionally, Priceline has a Great Culture w/ excellent work life balance

Cons

None I can think of

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Associate Software Engineer

Mar 18, 2020 - Associate Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, good work life balance

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good workplace, but the place needs some work

Jul 1, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mostly great people, fun events, challenging work. The transparency from leadership is refreshing, and constructive criticism is encouraged at all levels. Company culture is important.

Cons

Lack of communication between product and marketing teams. This creates a feeling that we are not all working as a team, but all have different agendas and compete against each other. Way too many meetings, and meetings that last too long. Much like I pointed out above, communication is essential whether it be between different teams within the same department or different departments, but there is a point in which the amount of time spent in meetings can be detrimental to workload, work-life balance, and morale. The Design Team is in shambles which is most likely a temporary status, but they seem to be overwhelmed even when fully staffed and without a stable process in place in terms of working with different teams. We seem to be taking on too many new projects before perfecting old ones.

5 people found this review helpful