Pride Mobility Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott S. Meuser

Pros
  • Great Medical Benefits at a very low cost (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits, ie healthcare, dental vision (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management is awful and it's a total good ol boys club (in 6 reviews)

• Employees are run by a culture of fear (in 2 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Manager in Exeter, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Exeter, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Pride Mobility for 14 years. This is a well-developed company. It is a real pleasure working in an organization where people enjoy each other, where they enthusiastically cooperate around the work tasks and around problem-solving, and where people sincerely recognize each other for their special contributions. Pride is employee oriented and is an industry leader. The training program is stellar and is ongoing. All staff is helpful and quick to assist in "getting the job done."

Cons

I truly cannot think of one con to working for Pride Mobility.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and excel!!

2. "Excellent Opportunities"

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for professional growth. Initiative and dedication is recognized toward advancing within the company. Very supportive "team" atmosphere where collaborative processes excel. Unique opportunity to serve our customers and community with life-changing products. Very rewarding career path in every way.

Cons

Overall, few. I would enjoy more Management seminars throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing toward serving the employees, customers, and community.

"Not Worth It"

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

They are at least 5 years behind the curve in several areas creating opportunities to make a considerable impact. That being said, it becomes abundantly clear within the first couple months of employment why these opportunities exist in the first place.

Cons

This is one of the most counterproductive environments I have ever experienced. One of the main reasons for this is a complete lack of consistency at the executive level which affects the whole company as the confusion filters down to the rest of the employees.

There are multiple changes in leadership occurring in very short periods of time. If interviewing for a leadership role, one of the first questions I would ask is how many managers, directors and vp's have they had in the past 3-5 years and who did they report to. You will see a trend.

Advice to Management

Moving the goal posts every single week makes it nearly impossible to establish any sense of continuity let alone establish and meet objectives. The uncertainty originates at the very top and the main reason why Pride is cycling through quality leadership. In many cases, you're now left with less capable people in critical roles.

Professionals are not going to willingly sit back and continuously be a lightning rod for misdirected blame. Provide clear objectives and trust the leaders you hired to reach them. Executives attempting to micromanage projects which they have very little involvement and no experience in is highly counterproductive.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started with Pride several years ago. I work hard and I believe in the company's vision and mission. I feel that they take care of their employees. I have grown within the company not because of who I know, but because I have an excellent work ethic, high standards, drive and determination. What has attributed to my growth within the company is my reputation. You will get out what you put in. Yes - the company does expect you to make goals, but every company that sells a product has the same expectation.

Cons

None- Like I said in the Pros column, if you give the company your best, then you will get the best in return. Even if I did have a Con, I would not post it on social media , that is unprofessional in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to create and innovate our products to exceed our customers expectations and needs. Don't let a few negative reviews determine your outlook on this great company.

6. "Good Company - Retired From"

Former Employee - Analyst in Exeter, PA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Exeter, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was at Pride for the 2nd half of my working career and it was a great place to retire from. I made a lot of lifelong friends and truly enjoyed my years there.

Great medical benefits, good 401K, great co-workers.

Cons

There really wasn't much not to like. There were some ups and downs in the business over the years but the last few were really good and it was nice to leave on a high note.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of great people at Pride and I'm sure always will. Keep showing your appreciation with the cookouts and special events people really appreciate them.

7. "don't do it"

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

good benefits, vacation time, that's about it

Cons

Complete culture of fear, everyone is afraid to be positively or negatively recognized on any level out of fear of getting fired. People who are recognized for 15 years of service automatically think they are going to get fired within the next two years. Toxic environment, CEO has unreasonable expectations and everyone is afraid to tell him that. Work on projects just for the to change three days later. Quick turnover rate. Little to no room for growth, set up for failure. Not a great company.

8. "outside rep"

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

good if you want to stay in this industry. and dont want any opportunity for advancement.

Cons

ever seen office space? Similar situation here. You hear about your mistake from multiple bosses, no promotions or raises so no motivation.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a reason to want to stay with the company

9. "Poor executive management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented with a great mix of wonderful employees.

Cons

Poor executive management. Assignments allocated with no company resources. Unreachable goals.

Advice to Management

If you don't have enough resources to go around, keep that in mind at review time. Acquire the resources you need for all departments and product lines you offer.

10. "Good Opportunity For Growth"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Duryea, PA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Duryea, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work environment (in a good way) where we have the ability to design products that improve the quality of life for people who have physical difficulties. It definitely adds a sense of purpose. Excellent benefits and generous time off throughout the year. Nice work/life balance.

Cons

In my department, I think our communication with other departments could improve. More training in the systems that we use (Agile) for new employees would make things more efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things you're doing and listen to those doing the work so that a well-rounded picture of things is formed. This collaborative environment leads to great employee engagement and gets more out of people.

11. "Best Place to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really does take care of there employees

Cons

They had a major lay off. Company was struggling to stay afloat. Management in a lot of there departments need to be replaced.