Pride Stations & Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Marsha Del Monte

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a well-managed company that does a very good job with customer service (in 3 reviews)

• I have a strong work ethic, and as a result, I have been given additional responsibilities (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from upper management (in 5 reviews)

• Very poor working conditions, not allowed to eat or even go the bathroom if no one is working with you (in 4 reviews)

"First year review"

Current Employee - Manager, Commercial Real Estate in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Manager, Commercial Real Estate in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m in a position that utilizes many of the business skills and work experiences I have developed over my career. I love that the most about working here. I have also learned a tremendous amount, and find the work challenging. I believe I have made significant contributions to the company, and hope to continue to do so. I have a strong work ethic, and as a result, I have been given additional responsibilities. Every day, there is something new.

Cons

There isn't enough time in a day to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Don't stop.

"Disorganized, dysfunctional, and unprofessional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. It's constant stress for every single employee. You'll feel good the moment you get fired or you find another job.

Cons

Bob, your company is an epic failure. Think of the hundreds of employees that you've hired throughout the years, possibly thousands?? (For a company that employs about 400 employees, why did they send out over 900 w-2's in one year?) Then, count each of those employees as a lost customer, and then count at least three people they've each told never to shop at pride. You've lost business in amounts you can't even calculate. You leave a bad taste in the mouth of every person you come across. No one at corporate likes you. You're rude and deceitful and backstabbing. You listen to people like Marsha who is only out for herself and herself only. She doesn't care about you or your company. She talks crap about you when you're not around and then plays dumb right in front of you while throwing fellow employees under the bus. I once sat in a meeting where she threw the CFO under the bus to save her own butt, then called her two seconds later to get help with something Bob told her to do because she herself didn't know how to do it. Bob, you're easily manipulated and she knows how to do it. Congrats on the success of your drama filled, infestation you call a professional company.

Advice to Management

You won't listen to the advice. Every employee that's ever told you the truth about your problems has been disregarded as disgruntled or been accused of not working well enough after the fact. Marsha and Bob, the two of you are an unprofessional hot mess disaster and no one wants to be involved with either one of you. The drama you cause is your own and you deserve every bit of it. I hope the state finds out about all the shady acts you've been involved in, and I hope you're finally sued for every penny you're worth.

"The worst company that I ever worked for"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Initial pay was good, other then that, zero pro's to working for Pride

Cons

Too many to list. Senior management micromanages to the extreme. Management is done through fear and intimidation. Atmosphere is cold and unfriendly. Everyone was on edge fearing that they would be fired for no reason.

Advice to Management

The entire management team needs a complete overhaul. The company will never be truly successful under the current management.

"2017 a turning point?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think NOT. Why so many new faces in stores and Corp? Have you axxed the"list"? Probably why the watered-down reviews. LONGEVITY? Store management has an AVERAGE 3-4 year shelf life. JOB SECURITY? As long as the owner, aka Corp Adviser Bob deems you worthy. PROFESSIONAL? Ethically, personally and regulatory SHADY to the emph! TRUTH IN ADVERTISING, TRUTH IN RESPECTING YOUR GUESTS. TRUTH AND RESPECT TO YOUR PARTNERS! E T H I C S

Cons

Same old, same old ridiculous. Save your sanity and search elsewhere! Only the faces change at Pride, easy in, easy out turn-style employment experience.

Advice to Management

Get a life

"Assistant mgr"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Have worked for pride for 11 years. Compensation generous. Like " run store as if you owned it" philosophy. Helps me focus on priorities. Store running well? Minimal interference from corporate. Off track? If you communicate clearly areas of concern... Corporate will help fix.

Cons

Have been accused by store management (not corporate) of e.g. breaking "a lot of product" during transport. Not true. Denied. Nothing more came of it but the accusatory tone was off putting.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to rank and file.

"Overnight cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working at Pride because you get close with your everyday customers. Also the pay is really good especially when you work hard, come to work everyday on time and take your job seriously. I don't understand the negative reviews that people write because I think maybe they've must of done something wrong to get where they're at now. I hope to be a long time employee with Pride because honestly I never want to leave.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

"Run, Don't walk far far far far far away"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time

Pros

salary, that's it. But that's not even enough.

Cons

Bob is a flat out bully who thinks he knows everything.

"Office assistant"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gives an opportunity to everyone who applies. I am Chinese and I applied at many places without getting hired. Pride gave me the chance.

Cons

The focus is on providing excellent customer service so you have to work very hard.

Advice to Management

Thank you for training me.

"Not worth it- at all"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money, if you don't ask questions and blindly obey orders they will throw money at you.
    Senior managers (the 3 that are left) are very willing to help and offer advice, but if someone without their tenure takes that advice they are punished for overstepping their boundaries.

Cons

•policies change biweekly without warning
    •you're told as a store manager to consider your store "your business" to run, but you are micromanaged at every level
    •no say when it comes to staffing or training. Was given a new cashier and told I had to make her manager material within the month.
    •quality employees are taken advantage of; my assistant manager was pulled out of my store and every week was promised he'd be back the week after and so on.
    •higher up individuals will actively sabotage you and there is nothing you can do about it
    •the "6 month list" is the running list they have of all of the people they plan to fire within 6 months
    •salaried employees are mandated to work overtime without compensation-which is ILLEGAL.
    •have fired people without cause multiple times and made up/fabricated documents afterwards
    •turnover rate is 50% because they put people in positions they are not qualified for with little no guidance.

Advice to Management

It's cheaper to retain and retrain current employees than it is to go on a hiring spree every 3 months. When people get fired by this company there is a consensus that it is the best thing that has happened to them, red flag? If you need something short term for money, then this company is great. But if you are looking to grow, look elsewhere.

"Hard Work But Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no office politics. My co-workers all have each others backs and everyone treats one another with respect.. Everyone is laser focused on making Pride successful and that makes for a great team. Coming from a non-profit world into a for-profit world was eye-opening. I think I will stay in the "for-profit" sector for the rest of my career. Creativity is encouraged and a person that is driven will be successful at Pride. If you are a slacker or think a 40 hour work week is "too much", then Pride isn't for you.

Cons

The retail world never sleeps.