Pride Stations & Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 14, 2019

2.0
Marsha Del Monte

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are no pros working for this incredibly unprofessional company" (in 4 reviews)

• "You'll feel good the moment you get fired or you find another job" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very poor working conditions, not allowed to eat or even go the bathroom if no one is working with you" (in 4 reviews)

• "Senior management micromanages to the extreme" (in 4 reviews)

"Fun company to work for"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best pay compared to others in the same industry,strong leadership from top executives, president and CEO always there to listen and lend a hand.

Cons

There are no cons really just do your job.

Advice to Management

It's been a great expierence over the years and I have learned a lot and have taught a lot. Anyone who works with this team at Pride Stores will enjoy their job.

"Run Away"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time

Pros

pay rate is slightly better, but really, no pros.

Cons

everything else!As a career HR Generalist I was excited to begin working for Pride. Everyone was so friendly and cordial during my interview. All of this changed very quickly. Bob, the owner, who bills himself as an "advisor" is a control freak. Micromanages everything, EVERYTHING! His MO is that he pays everyone a little more than the competition so he thinks he is entitled to bully you, and that you will take it because you get paid fairly well.......well, that doesn't work. His entire staff laughs at him behind his back, including the "president" who has actually confided in others that she's there because of the money. She has said, "he's crazy, but I get paid every week!" He denies basic hr rights to his employees. One woman wanted to visit her sister in the hospital. She was told she could visit during "non-work" hours. Because, "during the day you'd get in the way of the doctors and nurses." Seriously! He constantly berates his staff, and the hourly employees. He tells his staff members that the hourly employees are all stupid. Visit any of the stores, the workers will tell you that they get $1 an hour more than their last job, but they are not really happy at pride. They are treated like poop. This company has gone through over 2 dozen district managers and managers in the past year. When you lose that many people it says a few things: you don't know how to interview, you don't know how to train, you don't treat them well. When you have a revolving door the problem is YOU, not them. Commissary employees makes 1,000's of products daily but aren't allowed to have even a donut or a sandwich. Pride also owns the 50's diner in chicopee. No one there is allowed to have a soda without paying for it! A soda! If you treat your help poorly, no matter how much you pay them, they will leave. There are many good people in his office staff yet he disregards most suggestions because he is "the master". A complete know-it-all.
    In short, the company could be great, and a fun place to work if bob and his president weren't involved. The man is shady at best. He violates local ordinances while building his stores. Keeps a lawyer in his office at all times. He is scum.

Advice to Management

Bob, stop micro-managing every detail. You have some very bright team members. LISTEN to them. It's a new world. Get a new president, change your thinking. Your employees aren't out to screw you, aside from your president. Take care of your team and they;ll take care of you. Keep going the way you have been and nothing will change.

"Everything you hear about the place is true."

Current Employee - Maintenance in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay rate is above average.

Cons

The place is a circus. Very hectic and stressful workplace. Yes you do get paid a little bit more than other jobs similar to this one but for your peace at mind it’s definitely not worth it. If you’re not in with the “It Crowd” you will eventually get fired. At pride it’s not so much about hard work it’s more so about talking yourself up and making the boss THINK you’re working hard. I’ve seen hard working guys get fired and the slackers keep there jobs. If you don’t want to believe the stuff you read on here go give the place a shot and you will eventually see this is all accurate.

Advice to Management

I would suggest treating people like they are people not just objects or tools. I tend to think if you are respectful to your staff they tend to go the extra mile for you.

"Team leader"

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time

Pros

Not many but I guess it's a job

Cons

Stressful and low staffing usually

"Stay Away"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time

Pros

None it's working for the worst people ever

Cons

Bob & Marsha worst people to work for

"Avoid even if you think “They’re overeacting”"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time

Pros

Honestly... none come to mind

Cons

All the scary stuff you read is more than true. Worst place I’ve ever worked.

"Terrible Terrible and Unprofessional"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for this incredibly unprofessional company.

Cons

There are far too many to list. Anything they tell you is absolutely a lie and if for whatever reason you the DM doesn't like you or approve of you he will do everything in his power to get rid of you and make your life a living hell.

Advice to Management

Hire DM's that actually know what they're doing and can keep their opinions or prejudices to themselves.

"The most stressful and under appreciated company I have ever worked for!!"

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good business plan.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Marsha has no people skills for acting as a company president. For a company of 32 stores, it hires and fires more people than a big box store. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees with dignity and respect. It would be easier and be more cost effective to retain and train your current employees rather do weekly trainings of new hires of which many never make it through the first week. Another thing is try using the words “please and thank you” rather than just yell and scream all the time. What Bob sees in Marsha I don’t have a clue as she is the problem with the company.

"Run like your God damn shoes are on fire"

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Not enough to room in this box

"Worst company to ever exist."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The only pros is some of the people you come in contact with and get the chance to connect with. Other than that no pros.

Cons

Where do I begin? They use you until you can’t be used anymore. Worked there for a significant amount of time and broke my back for this company. Did everything and anything to make sure I was doing a good job. They don’t care about you as a person you are just a tool to them and when they feel ready they toss you in the trash. Corporate is evil. Besides a select few. The atmosphere is depressing and stepping into that building you feel like your entering a war zone. Will promise you all great things that never get fulfilled. I’ve watched so many people get fired for absolutely no reason at all or they make up a reason. Any good review on hear is a lie I’ve heard them ask my fellow employees to write a review. It’s all fake. Don’t work here ever run for the hills.. I got fired after almost 9 years and the Vice President couldn’t even give me 5 minutes of her time, who at one point I had a great relationship with to tell me why I was getting fired. No respect after years of loyalty and dedication. Wish 0 stars was an option.

Advice to Management

Stop getting rid of people who are actually dedicated and loyal to you. Help and guide when you see a problem instead of firing.