Primary Residential Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Primary Residential Mortgage President & CEO Dave Zitting
Dave Zitting

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The corporate office is always friendly and helpful (in 7 reviews)

• Many years of experience with a great support system out of their corporate office (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I feel bad for the branch manager (in 3 reviews)

• The corporate office is in Salt Lake City so I don't get to see a lot of the people, that work out of there, often (in 3 reviews)

1. "Branch Manager"

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome company to work for!!

Cons

This company does not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Not applicable

2. "Branch Manger"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You truly get to run your branch the way you choose to run the branch. Your earnings potentials are unlimited. Real time P and L model.

Cons

You share in the risk of a buy back regardless of who's fault. Slow with product roll out and enhancements to products.

Advice to Management

Better and faster product rollout.

3. "Neither here nor there"

Pros

The company has the mortgage process down to a science.

Cons

Management needs improvement. I don't feel as if I have anyone I can trust to speak with about my concerns within the company and my role.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about employees behind their backs and talk to them instead. This would solve more problems.

4. "Mortgage LOA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time

Pros

Fun coworkers, lots of OT for those banging with loans.

Cons

sucky management, sucky loan officers

Advice to Management

Get rid of the LOs that don't know how to do their jobs correctly so that us LOA's don't have to basically spoonfeed the LOs

"Great Corporate Help"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started to work in PRMI in April and the company I have to describe on of the best I have work for. Not only for the opportunity is all the employees in the Corporate office that are willing to help and are always making them selfs available for us in this Branch. The experience I have with this Company has been a great. The Second month in business they recognized the work that we have been doing in our brach and send a recognition email to all of the employees.

Cons

Better Recruiting Help & Support.

Advice to Management

Keep your Work.

6. "Best kept secret"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mortgage platform. Autonomy, and independence.

Cons

Not enough corporate people make decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen to the workforce and field. Pay for good people that deliver a better customer service level.

7. "Mortgage Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Low pressure sales and great corporate support. Lots of training available and resources. The corporate office is always friendly and helpful. Best place to work!

Cons

100% commission but still required to clock in. (Based on government standards) Special programs aren't passed down to branches quickly but available.

Advice to Management

Lobby for less government in our industry. Bonus incentives in branches to help with productivity.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Company is very stable and encourages employee input.

Cons

Because they are so stable sometimes they are slow to add aggressive programs. But the trade off is worth the confidence that the company provides.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep a finger on the pulse of the industry.

9. "Strong Culture that Recongizes Talent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PRMI has been a great place to work. The organization rewards and recognizes excellent work while also looking first at proven talent internally for growth and promotion. PRMI also has little tolerance for below average talent who diminish its branch or otherwise create reputation risk. PRMI has a unique culture in the mortgage industry that respects and empowers the entrepreneurially minded individual. As much as I believe possible in a large, for-profit enterprise, PRMI has a family centered culture that emphasizes one of its core values (happiness). Finally, unlike many mortgage companies where layoffs are common, I feel my employment is stable and secure.

Cons

While the benefits package may be industry competitive, it lags in competitiveness relative to the general marketplace for human resource talent.

10. "Great corporate office"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

I have been in the industry for over 30 years, with the last 20 being as an underwriter. Primary has the most pro-active and helpful corporate support staff of anywhere I've ever worked. In all of my former companies, pretty much everything was the processor or underwriter's fault - no matter whose fault it actually was. Primary fully supports underwriters and when errors are made, they're used as training opportunities, not punishment. I feel appreciated and supported by management. I've worked here 6 years and hope to remain here til I retire.

Cons

I know it seems crazy but really - other than the same stuff that happens at every job where you have to interact with coworkers and customers, I have no cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.