KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 205 of over 206 reviews

4.0
Primary Residential Mortgage President and CEO Kenneth Knudson
Kenneth Knudson
Pros
  • "PRMI has been able to assist me in growing numerous new skill sets in short amounts of time(in 35 reviews)

• "The corporate office will do closings or you can bring it into your branch(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I will have to get back to you on this one as I'm sitting here trying to think of one and nothing comes to mind(in 5 reviews)

• "Outside Loan Officers maybe do a good job, but the corporate office is a terrible place to work(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primary Residential Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Support from Corporate and Local Division Managers

Sep 13, 2021 - Branch Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Industry Support ... All my managers were longtime industry experts and were always available to assist in times of need.

Cons

none that I can think off

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

An evolving company that utilizes individual skills.

Sep 3, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent Freedom to individual branches on best practice/work flow. - Corporate Communication & IT are actually available on a 1 on 1 level. - Transparent in direction and ideology of company. - Competitive compensatory schedule.

Cons

- Limited flexibility in OS flexibility. - Some archaic practices and policies.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Raises aren't what it should be

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will always have plenty to do.

Cons

Cost of living is debatable, and incentive is unlikely.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Jul 14, 2021 - National Customer Relationship Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork, ability to empower ourselves to make decisions, ability to work remote as needed, Executive Team is very accessible

Cons

In my position I haven't had too many cons worth mentioning. Great Boss, Great Team

5. 3.0

Pros and Cons

Jul 11, 2021 - Investor Liaison in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smallish teams and semi flexible.

Cons

No formal training and over worked.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Good Place to Work!

Jun 24, 2021 - Loan Officer Assistant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work. very diverse

Cons

I don't have any to give.

VP of HR

Glad to have you on the team!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to make $$$

Jun 2, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive rates and good variety of loan programs. Generous production-based commission structure. Seasoned operations staff with low turnover. Loans close on-time. Good benefits.

Cons

You need to have thick skin because your work will get a lot of negative criticism. Takes some getting used to.

VP of HR

Aloha! Thank you for the positive words about PRMI! We appreciate our Loan Officers SOOOO much! If there is anything that your management team or HR can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Finally a company who wants their employees to be successful!

May 29, 2021 - Branch Manager in Danielson, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having the ability to run my own P&L without the risks associated with dealing with compliance and stress of managing HR and everything that comes with self employment. A perfect hybrid model between self employment and working for a large national company with all the support.

Cons

Encompass. Unfortunately I was spoiled with a better LOS prior to partnering with PRMI and know how antiquated the system is with so many nuances that it takes forever to disclose a loan. I was used to disclosing without any cures in mins. Fortunately with the P&L model I can afford to hire a team and have them disclose for me. Seriously no other cons!

VP of HR

Thank you for the feedback! We are so grateful for our branch partners. Sounds like things are going well for you - that is awesome! Sounds like we have work to do with our LOS...

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good and bad

Jun 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Treat you great. Understanding Vacation and sick time 401K and other benefits Great training Works with emergencies depending on your management.

Cons

PAY - lowest paying mortgage company probably ever. Benefits are not cheap.

VP of HR

Thank you for listing the positives you've discovered at PRMI. Sounds like we are missing the mark in a couple of areas. Pay definitely depends on many variables. If we can review your position and experience, let us know. We would be happy to take a look. Come visit us in HR!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Almost the perfect fit

May 20, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

National power. Great training. Local Branches in almost every state. Great marketing. Great technology. Tons of options for customers. Lower credit score requirements. Very flexible schedules. Remote work environment. Not too micro managed.

Cons

Very corporate in some aspects I don't like. I am not able to do my own desktop underwriting but I think that is just branch-specific. My branch manager misleads me on some things i'd have but don't have now. Benefits are awful. Very expensive ; especially for someone commission only, having to build their business all over from scratch. They say they are diverse but it's not really. it's just the "because we have to" mentality. Thtey don't embrace it enough.

VP of HR

You are correct! We have a lot of training, marketing, technology, and options for customers and team members. It is important to understand that each branch has the ability to set wages/salary based on branch revenue. If there are specific improvements that can be made at the branch level, feel free to reach out. We love to hear from our team members.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 Reviews