Primary Residential Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 147 reviews

4.4
Primary Residential Mortgage CEO Dave Zitting
Dave Zitting
Pros
  • "PRMI as a whole really cares for all employees throughout the organization(in 24 reviews)

• "The corporate office will do closings or you can bring it into your branch(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are too many benefits of working at PRMI to count(in 9 reviews)

• "Underwriter duties need to be farmed out to another group to go and need more support for underwriters out in field or branch(in 4 reviews)

1. "Company with Many Benefits"

Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management is flexible and works with you to ensure that you can take care of your personal needs. Your treated like an individual and not just an expendable resource. PRMI takes care of their employee's. They have an annual Lagoon day, Movie Tickets, Kazzo points to earn rewards, Full benefits, Health and Wellness Committee, and lots of fun activities. There is always room for growth. You control your own destiny...

Cons

Mortgage is a hard industry. It is either feast or famine. When the business is hot there is a need for long hours.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-07-03
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time

Pros

PRMI as a whole really cares for all employees throughout the organization. From the management side, they make every effort to look at challenges and try to analyze it from all angles to make an informed and fair decision. The work-life balance is very fair- you are afforded the ability to do your job without being micro-managed

Cons

Communication can be a struggle at times, but they are consistently looking for new and better ways to try to improve on it.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-06-26
  3. "Company that helps with growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team attitude, working well with others, employee engagement and being able to have fun in a positive and hardworking environment. Great at being able to expand your career opportunities and grow.

Cons

Could be more flexible when it comes to employee balance at work.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-06-25
  4. "Leadership needs to invest in staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you get to work with are great.

Cons

There's definitely a need for more staff. Not enough support makes it really stressful to be at work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. It's a greater expense, but it also means better support that can be provided and a better quality of service.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-07-05
  5. "Amazing team, excellent growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

A lot of really great people work here. Middle management is AMAZING. Every manager I know will go to bat for their people every time.

Cons

Executive management is trying really hard, but hasn't quite yet figured out how to connect and communicate with everyone. They come across like they don't really care for the on-the-ground employees.

Advice to Management

Middle management - keep it up! Upper management, either start caring about everyone, or if you do care, figure out why that's not coming across.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-06-25

"Bureaucratic with poor leadership (other than CEO) - Makes for Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time

Pros

Company does have some really great people, and does seem to care about its customers for the most part.

Cons

Very bureaucratic, especially with HR policies. Company does not respect its employees or work life balance. Expectations on management and how they manage their employees makes it a tough environment that is borderline hostile at times, with very little reward or satisfaction. Very little real leadership. Not a good place to build a career.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-06-04

"my review"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

family environment, follow guidelines, opportunity for growth, stability

Cons

pay could be better, insurance rates

Advice to Management

a cost of living increase would go a long way to helping some employees. With the cost of insurance and everything else a lot of us barely make ends meet. with the projected increase of 20% I think it is something the company should seriously look into.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-05-28
  8. "Management is hit or miss"

Former Employee - ECOA Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team I worked on was exceptionally supportive and well organized

Cons

Other teams were like night and day. Rude micro-managing and frequently taking employees for granted. Some of the things I saw my co-workers deal with made me very grateful for the team I was on and complete soured the idea of trying to move up in position if it meant leaving my team. HR is also very bad at its job, frequently going with a "adults should ignore things" line rather than addressing blanent harassment issues...

Advice to Management

Look at the teams that are holding onto employees and copy them. Those managers don't hover over their employees, address harassment, make sure their employees know the benefits available to them and more.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-05-20
  9. "The best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

PRMI is hands downs the best company I have ever worked for. They care about their employees. The work/life/balance is 2nd to none. Supportive of families. Nobody forces you to approve loans that you don't feel should be approved. This is not a churn and burn mortgage company. The majority of the Underwriting and Processing teams work from home. No micro-managing. You will be forced to grow and expand...

Cons

Pay is not as competitive as the bigger companies, but the work/life/balance makes up for it. The benefit package is mediocre and expensive. No bonus. Getting help from managers and team members can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

There should be more holidays & occasional perks given to match the larger banks to make up for the compensation difference. The majority of the managers do not answer their phones or return emails when the underwriters need help. Staff is left hanging to get answers.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-03-18

Primary Residential Mortgage Response

March 25, 2019VP of HR

Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like we have some work to do. If there is anything that HR can help with in the interim, please feel free to reach out.

10. "NOT SUCH A GREAT COMPANY TO BE A PART OF"

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Primary Residential Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the freedom to work at your own pace.

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate. They do not care about their employees.

Primary Residential Mortgage2019-04-05