Primary Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Regina Mellinger

1. "Job Well Done"

Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Great assignments at prestigious companies! “ The people I have worked with in the Primary office, have all been helpful while searching for an assignment position for me. ”

Cons

Health benefits are priced high with moderate services.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. Just keep talking with contractor employees about work assignments.

2. "Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Opportunities as a contractor.

Cons

Really do not have any cons.

3. "They go above and beyond."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time

Pros

As someone who was a victim of the crash in oil prices and found himself unemployed in the Oil and Gas industry, I knew that I had to find work in another field. I had numerous office, cost management, and accounts receivable/payable skills that I knew would translate over well into any other industry but I had an impossible time convincing any recruiter of that.

After months of hearing lip service being paid to me by other recruiting/staffing firms, pounds of shoe leather and gallons of gasoline being burned traveling to and from numerous job fairs, and having my resume disappear into the black hole of online applications, a networking source advised me to contact Primary Services in regards to a company I was trying to send my resume to.

The conversation with Levi Dunning couldn't have gone better. He asked me to come in later in the week (to have more one on one time since they had an open-house for recent grads earlier in the week). The interview with him was an incredible experience. It was one of the first times I had been to a staffing firm where I felt that the recruiters listened to what I had to offer and had my best interests at heart. While Levi didn't have anything at the time, he had a colleague who did.

Levi referred me to Amanda McCauley and the two worked together, helping me revise my resume and prepping me on the interview process to tailor it to this particular company. They went above and beyond and within one week, I was hired at one of Houston's Top 50 Small Business Workplaces (awarded by the Houston Chronicle). To build on that, Levi checks in with me once every month and Primary is no stranger to stopping by my new workplace's office, bringing breakfast and generally checking in on their employees making sure everything is going well.

I can't thank Levi and Amanda enough for all of their help and I would recommend Primary Services to any of my qualified friends.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on being engaged and staying in touch with your employees

"Best of the best!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people! I had the privilege of working with some of the best in the business. I learned so much from my time there and will forever be grateful for the experience it provided me.

It says a lot about a company when you develop a friendship with management and the CEO of the company. They care about their people and treat everyone fairly. They have great benefits and it's an environment that keeps you engaged and feeling challenged. I have always and will always recommend Primary to my family and friends and just anyone who I know is looking for an opportunity.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but they do demand excellence. They have worked hard to get to where they are in the industry and excellence is expected from their clients and employees. The give you the tools to be successful, but it's up to you to take them and run with them.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to always stay connected and close to your worker bees. Never be so far removed from the day-to-day that you lose sight of what your employees are feeling and thinking.

6. "A+ all the way"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services (More than a year)

Pros

Very responsive agents
    Agents are constantly in the field which creates alot of possible facetime
    Benefits package
    Proper interview and resume preparation

Cons

None!
    Site makes me write 5 words...so none, none, none, none, none.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The quality is high.

7. "HR Support Coordinator"

Current Employee - Human Resources Support Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Support Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

Amanda is an awesome and diligent recruiter! She always follow up as promised and work hard in finding a job for you. Pay is great and you're paid weekly. Professional atmosphere.

Cons

I have experienced working with others in the past that didnt follow up regarding interview status and job opportunities, however, there are no cons based on my recent experience working with Amanda.

8. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Primary Services value their employees.

Cons

1 hour commute from my home.

9. "Administrative Assistant (Shell Lubricant Plant)"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant (Shell Lubricant Plant) in Houston, TX

Pros

Staff is very professional and HR and payroll respond very quickly to issue that may arise.

Cons

Little Tough trying to find the next job once done with the current one. You need to call an availability line to let them know each week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, plan ahead for future jobs for employees to keep them around.

10. "Services has diminished"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a new candidate Primary is very helpful. They make sure to visit you once a month to give you a treat and to see how you are doing in your job. When you email them questions about benefits, they are quick to respond.

Cons

Once your contract is over, they are extremely difficult to reach. There is no communication between Primary and employee in regards to where your resume is being submitted or if it's being submitted.

Advice to Management

Following up on emails and phone calls sent from the employee should be answered in a timely matter. When they are not, the employee is left with the impression that you do not matter to the company.

11. "cutlure is outstanding. people are nice and friendly"

Current Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working as a contractor for Primary gives you the opportunity to work where you want without all of the corporate politics. The interview process is detailed and quick and they let you know whether you are a fit right away.

Cons

have to pay for parking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing such a good job.