Prime 8 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Prime 8 is really what you make of it (in 23 reviews)

• Strong work-life balance options and family-friendly (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Prime 8 submitted me to the perfect position for my skills and professional goals (in 6 reviews)

• Company does not provide the support one would expect from a consulting company that takes the amount of money off of your rate that they do (in 2 reviews)

1. "One of the best companies I've worked for"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart and funny people - generous and genuinely accessible leadership - great work life balance - strong work ethic here where everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves, get the job done and take pride in the results. Feels like I'm part of the family. In a city full of Amazons, Microsoft's and Googles and taking consideration the size of the business, the pay and benefits are great. I can honestly say that Prime 8 really is one of the best companies I have worked for.

Cons

Rapid growth ... which is way better than the opposite but comes with it's own challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep asking the questions and listening to the feedback. Be true to yourselves. Really looking forward to the new training initiative.

2. "Business and Technology Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, nice people and autonomy are all big pluses. The pay is pretty good too!

Cons

Lots of good intentions from leadership, new programs etc. Sometimes it ends up just as talk. Would be good to see more events and employee support programs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "misleading hiring process"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

consultants in the field are nice, talented professionals

Cons

revolving door of consultants. 40 hours of paid work per week is *not* guaranteed - no mention of part-time job/pay when recruiting new consultants. Consultant pay too reliant on HQ sales team success rate vs own project delivery success.

4. "Top Notch Team and Place to Work!"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Prime 8 for over 2 years now. Unlike many companies I know they try to live their values and treat us (employees) with respect. Speed of growth always makes things hard but the effort is there, which as I said above is different than a lot of places, especially consulting first that place you and forget you. Family loved the effort of the Summer Picnic, thank you. Leadership is looking for top quality projects where our years of experience can make a difference. It seems to be what differentiates us. My co-workers are great, obviously doing a good job recruiting the best and brightest here. Have friends at competitive firms that want to join me when we have room for them. Appreciate the food and drink, it's a nice perk considering we are Google or Apple with endless budgets.

Cons

While I hear it is coming, can't wait for more training opportunities. Anything that makes me more valuable to my company and clients is appreciated and good for my career.

Advice to Management

Please add more cross project information sessions so we can keep learning what our teams are doing at other businesses. PS thanks for getting the new clients!

5. "Worst Company I've ever been at"

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Nice people around the office and other consultants/clients generally friendly.

Cons

Company lacks true leadership and vision. They don't treat their consultants very well in regards to transparency and support given the margins that they make on their consultants. Don't think they offer good value to clients.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with everything you do.

"A top notch firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prime 8 Consulting is a top notch business consulting and business outsource management company. Run by great people that are both friendly and professional

Cons

Need to define how senior consultants can grow within firm.

Advice to Management

How can consultants add more value across projects to leverage skillset and exposure.

"Great Place"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Strong employee focus. Deep care for clients with a real focus on value and quality of delivery.

Cons

More integration of project teams and cross-team collaboration.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on customer value outcomes and keep developing more technical depth in innovation.

"Thoughts after several years of service as a software engineer..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are driven to move your career forward and can handle rapidly learning new things under pressure, then you will thrive here. Prime 8 is really what you make of it. The beauty of the company is that it provides opportunities that you would never find in a traditional software house. You are constantly challenged to solve problems on the cutting edge of software development. It's really the opposite of traditional software consulting; it's what consulting should be.

Cons

This place is not for the faint of heart. You have to be able to handle learning new technologies very rapidly and to be able to handle difficult situations, as you will be thrown into the fire. If you can learn fast and keep your cool though, everything will be ok. It's very much like a start-up environment. If you like those, you will like it here; if you require structure and slower pace of life, you won't be happy.

Advice to Management

Keep working to add more structure to the company. It's been great to watch Prime 8 mature throughout the years, but there are still places where we can do a better job supporting our consultants and helping them to be successful.

"Great place, rapid growth creating rewarding opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, recently expanded headquarters, flexible time, always promoting diversity and inclusion, great mix of experiences including top notch technical support to solve most of the problems during a project. You can always find enthusiastic and smart people like John Croswell, Chief Sales Officer. He really cares deeply for me and has been instrumental in my involvement in multiple rewarding projects.

Cons

Workload is not always within your control there is always an element of ups and downs when supporting clients.

Advice to Management

Continue and expand the effort to create community. Such as the recent World of Prime 8! celebration where several innovative technologies and services were introduced.

"Terrible Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't say too much. Very disappointed in what was told to me and what I experienced within the company. Looking for my next role right now.

Cons

Lack of good leadership, disorganized, either bad communication or smoke & mirror tactics (not sure which), "chop shop" experience for consultants. Once I get my next role I will leave and never look back. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your consultants better if this is the business you're trying to run and get your stuff together up top.