Prime 8 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Prime 8 also has a good reputation with the few clients I know so I'm definitely impressed (in 20 reviews)

• Great balance between Tech and business, also great work life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Prime 8 submitted me to the perfect position for my skills and professional goals (in 6 reviews)

• Company does not provide the support one would expect from a consulting company that takes the amount of money off of your rate that they do (in 2 reviews)

"Thoughts after several years of service as a software engineer..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are driven to move your career forward and can handle rapidly learning new things under pressure, then you will thrive here. Prime 8 is really what you make of it. The beauty of the company is that it provides opportunities that you would never find in a traditional software house. You are constantly challenged to solve problems on the cutting edge of software development. It's really the opposite of traditional software consulting; it's what consulting should be.

Cons

This place is not for the faint of heart. You have to be able to handle learning new technologies very rapidly and to be able to handle difficult situations, as you will be thrown into the fire. If you can learn fast and keep your cool though, everything will be ok. It's very much like a start-up environment. If you like those, you will like it here; if you require structure and slower pace of life, you won't be happy.

Advice to Management

Keep working to add more structure to the company. It's been great to watch Prime 8 mature throughout the years, but there are still places where we can do a better job supporting our consultants and helping them to be successful.

"Great place, rapid growth creating rewarding opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, recently expanded headquarters, flexible time, always promoting diversity and inclusion, great mix of experiences including top notch technical support to solve most of the problems during a project. You can always find enthusiastic and smart people like John Croswell, Chief Sales Officer. He really cares deeply for me and has been instrumental in my involvement in multiple rewarding projects.

Cons

Workload is not always within your control there is always an element of ups and downs when supporting clients.

Advice to Management

Continue and expand the effort to create community. Such as the recent World of Prime 8! celebration where several innovative technologies and services were introduced.

"Terrible Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't say too much. Very disappointed in what was told to me and what I experienced within the company. Looking for my next role right now.

Cons

Lack of good leadership, disorganized, either bad communication or smoke & mirror tactics (not sure which), "chop shop" experience for consultants. Once I get my next role I will leave and never look back. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your consultants better if this is the business you're trying to run and get your stuff together up top.

4. "All talk about taking care of their number one asset - their consultants"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Some of the other consultants

Cons

Leadership Team are all talk and little action, Some of the leadership team have no leadership skills and treat consultants with little respect.

Advice to Management

Deliver on what you say, take care of your consultants and stop seeing them just as a means to make money

"Amazing Place To Work!"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Management is very accessible
    Growing company provides a lot of opportunities
    ACTUAL consulting job (not just a grunt getting kicked around by a client)
    Co-workers are really smart and capable

Cons

Traffic in the Seattle area is brutal (not Prime 8's fault, though)

Advice to Management

It's comforting to know that I've got options to stay at Prime 8 after my current client engagement ends.

"Amazing growth opportunities!"

Pros

Committed to ensuring challenging and interesting projects for consultants; focused on strong client relationships to build longevity for team members; great work/life balance; very strong company values; strategic vision for growth is compelling and exciting!

Cons

Can think of very few cons. Perhaps having more opportunities to meet with other consultants to cross collaborate. Otherwise great place to work.

"2017 Will Be The Best Year Ever!"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Speed of growth has opened new opportunities for me. I can't tell you how great it is to work with smart and capable people, all on the same mission. The new office space is incredible, thank you for the investing in your people.

Cons

Most cons would be growth issues which is a good problem. Learned about new ways they are adding even more support and tools to help us do our jobs at the 2017 Kick-off event on last Thursday.

Advice to Management

Continue to find great work for us.

"CEO and Leadership Team - Doing great things at a great company full of great people"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Prime 8's employee first and client focused culture gives this company huge appeal; and is a function of the family based values organically instilled by the CEO and his wife – two of the finest people you will ever meet. As an employee for nearly 4 years, I am proud to see the focus in the investment in employees and their careers; and the tremendously broad range of opportunities to grow in key areas such as Project Management, Technology , Training, Marketing, Finance, and Business Insights. Having attended yet another fun employee function this week I was buoyed to see so many folks showing so much delight and absolute pride to be a member of the Prime 8 team – an inclusive culture full of innovative , driven and passionate individuals (it was hardly surprising that theme of the night was “around the world with Prime 8”, a company that values talent so highly it has recruited and retained tremendous people from all corners of the globe – a function of not just a commitment to equity and diversity, but demonstrating that smart hiring decisions have no geographic boundaries. For that matter, I would class myself as having a good balanced perspective on leadership having previously come from a director level role for one of the largest companies in the world and seen both good and bad in my employment throughout the PNW, and indeed more broadly Europe, and Australasia – I have no hesitation in saying the strategy, vision , leadership, integrity and values of the entire leadership team to be truly unique and a great benchmark for all companies (large and small) to follow. With recent strong hires in the realm of recruiting, marketing, business development, business insights, strategy and vision I am a little giddy to see what happens next. I would recommend this as a career, home, family, and environment to succeed in, to anyone. Pausing on the CEO – I would have to strongly endorse him for walking the talk. I use my own experience as an example as its what I know best (but I am far from the sole example); at a personal level he continues to invest heavily of his own time and resources in putting structures in place to ensure the happiness, security and success of driven employees and the support of their families. He is guided by his own uniquely untainted and resolute moral compass in all decision making – doing right because it’s the right thing to do. It is hardly surprising that an output of such great core values then filters through at all tiers of the company, resulting in: tremendous growth, success, and an amazing place to work with amazing clients. Come join me and see for yourself!

Cons

None. This is the first company I have worked with in over a 27 year period , with no negative aspects.

"Not a lot of confidence here"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

A few good people here to help you out when help was needed.

Cons

Leadership lacks vision and direction. Leaves a lots of questions not answered. Uses a lot of "smoke & mirror" strategies.

Advice to Management

See cons-- make changes.

"Would Not Recommend"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good consultants/people there from interesting backgrounds. New office with kitchen full of snacks.

Cons

A lot of disconnect between management and the consultants. Failure to deliver on promises made. Company does not provide the support one would expect from a consulting company that takes the amount of money off of your rate that they do.

Advice to Management

Fix your internal processes before trying to scale up to avoid creating even more pain points in your consultants' lives. Keep your promises.