Prime 8 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Prime 8 is really what you make of it" (in 22 reviews)

• "Strong work-life balance options and family-friendly" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Prime 8 submitted me to the perfect position for my skills and professional goals" (in 6 reviews)

• "Lack of good leadership, disorganized, either bad communication or smoke & mirror tactics (not sure which), "chop shop" experience for consultants" (in 2 reviews)

1. "An Excellent Place To Work"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent office environment and corporate culture.
    - Opportunities for growth and advancement.
    - Opportunities to recruit for a variety of high-level, impactful consulting positions.
    - Competitive pay and benefits.
    - Beautiful office and convenient locaton.
    - Breakroom stocked with snacks and coffee.
    - Senior leadership leads by example when it comes to making ethical choices, delivering excellent results and executing on forward-looking strategies.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum. The company is headed in the right direction.

"Like What I See"

Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been here a few months but I do like what I see and hear. I really enjoyed the new hire lunch with the Owners and hearing their vision and values. It made it more real for me. They definitely don't want me to just go to the client and not be part of the family. Compensation was better than my last firm and I do like the benefits plan.

Cons

Not really anything yet.

"Worst company to work for.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, mediocre benefits, free snacks bar

Cons

This company is the worst I ever worked for. They will commit to anything and everything to clients just to get the projects. Then they will hire people for that project only by again saying anything to get people to join them. The worst part is the incompetent management who has no vision, no support system for consultants on the ground. When projects fail due to unrealistic commitments they made to get the project, they make consultants a scaegoat and eliminate their need. And yet they will keep asking consultants to vote them best in Seattle to work for the time you are there. The luncheon and talks of being part of family, company vision, growth are all smoke and mirror. Once your project is over or is scrapped by client due to company shortcomings, they will blame it on you and your job will be over. Stay away if you don't want to ruin your career.

Advice to Management

Learn to care for the people, take responsibility for the consultants you hire, stop deceiving clients and people, learn to take responsibility for your own failures instead of blaming it on consultants, put in support framework to help consultants be successful in their projects and stop throwing consultants under the bus for your own shortcomings and failures. And stop pushing people to vote you best when you are not.

4. "You won't find a better firm to work for around town!"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prime 8 hires some of the best and the brightest talent around. Their Talent Acquisition team is very responsive and are constantly pursuing the perfect fit for consultants and projects. The CEO/COO take time each month to meet with new hires at a luncheon at the office, and the new hires get the opportunity to meet one on one with the CEO within 3 months of their hire date. Management is VERY much available to anyone in the company. HR really seems to take care of the needs of the consultants and all other employees. I found the environment at the HQ very warm and welcoming at all times.

Cons

Maybe have a few more events for employees - the summer BBQ was fun, would like to do more like that so we could get to know our co-workers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep on recognizing your employees when they go above and beyond, It's important to know that their hard work is paying off! And...keep on hiring good talent. It says a lot for Prime 8 when people ask where I work!

"company"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

generally good culture and environment

Cons

lack clear management structure for contracting jobs

"Same as all the others"

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Good people, and they are still trying to find themselves

pay is good, benefits are ok.

Tech focused

Cons

Same as most consulting firms in the area, so nothing special here, more staffing than consulting despite trying to make it look like a consulting firm.

Leadership tries to make a culture, but it just doesnt work.

"Ask the Right Questions"

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Nespresso Machine in office.
    This list isn't truncated, I just need a 5 word minimum so I'm including this explanation.

Cons

If you're coming from a professional, professional services firm, several things will be surprising:
    a) Non-billable time isn't compensated. You should probably stop reading here if this matters to you. Of course, this is in the fine print of your contract, but consultants are not FTEs. At no point will anyone during the recruiting, onboarding, or your first time sheet's submittal explain this commonality to you. Also, certain client work, like attending client facing meetings, is not billable.
    b) You are hired to a specific project or potential project, very much like a staffing firm. When the project wraps or doesn't close, then the need for you is eliminated unless you want to sit around unpaid until the Sales team brings something in, which brings us to:
    c) Sales strategy within the company has 2 prongs:
    --Nibble at Microsoft in hopes they can be cheaper than competitors for low-skilled engagements
    --Pursue other major Enterprise clients with no qualifications other than, possibly, being cheaper and try to hire like crazy to appear a team exists.
    d) For some reason, health benefits don't kick in until the first of the month, one month *after* your start date. So, you're hired on the 15th. You have to wait 6 weeks for benefits.
    e) 401k match is highly competitive. Just kidding. There isn't one.

8. "Business and Technology Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, nice people and autonomy are all big pluses. The pay is pretty good too!

Cons

Lots of good intentions from leadership, new programs etc. Sometimes it ends up just as talk. Would be good to see more events and employee support programs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Company padding reviews to remove negative feedback"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

Image and appearances is everything.

Cons

Do not believe anything HQ tells you.

"misleading hiring process"

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

consultants in the field are nice, talented professionals

Cons

revolving door of consultants. 40 hours of paid work per week is *not* guaranteed - no mention of part-time job/pay when recruiting new consultants. Consultant pay too reliant on HQ sales team success rate vs own project delivery success.