Prime 8 Consulting Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Prime 8 Consulting is a top notch business consulting and business outsource management company (in 21 reviews)

• Great balance between Tech and business, also great work life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Prime 8 submitted me to the perfect position for my skills and professional goals (in 6 reviews)

• Company does not provide the support one would expect from a consulting company that takes the amount of money off of your rate that they do (in 2 reviews)

"A top notch firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prime 8 Consulting is a top notch business consulting and business outsource management company. Run by great people that are both friendly and professional

Cons

Need to define how senior consultants can grow within firm.

Advice to Management

How can consultants add more value across projects to leverage skillset and exposure.

"Great place, rapid growth creating rewarding opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, recently expanded headquarters, flexible time, always promoting diversity and inclusion, great mix of experiences including top notch technical support to solve most of the problems during a project. You can always find enthusiastic and smart people like John Croswell, Chief Sales Officer. He really cares deeply for me and has been instrumental in my involvement in multiple rewarding projects.

Cons

Workload is not always within your control there is always an element of ups and downs when supporting clients.

Advice to Management

Continue and expand the effort to create community. Such as the recent World of Prime 8! celebration where several innovative technologies and services were introduced.

"Still loving it"

Current Employee - Senior Consulting in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consulting in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joined over a year ago and meaning to write a review as this place is just wonderful. I have worked at few consulting jobs before but Prime 8 has been the best so far.

I can not say enough about how they found me the perfect project for my experience. I love my client and my account manager who meets with me often and helps me with some of the harder project deliverables. He has been working for Prime 8 for 3 years now I think and he just makes my day every time I see him.

There was a holiday house warming party last month which was fun- I think they moved into much bigger office and the location is close to the freeway which is nice.

The pay is better than industry from my point of view and the benefits are also good I have not used all the options but from what I have seen they are good.

I have been trying to get my friends to join

Cons

They do not give you a laptop when you start
    Timesheets are bit of pain

Advice to Management

none

"New Employee at Prime*"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Hungry team that collectively seeks out business, incenting frontline consultants to act as business developers.
    Very strong relations within MSFT, but have now expanded the book of business to include multiple fortune 500 in the Puget Sound.
    Strong sense team between consultant ... can always shoot an email to an expert and get a timely reply.
    Significant flexibility in managing your workload and work/life balance.

Cons

Not enough happy hour parties or other mechanism to meet fellow consultants f2f.

Advice to Management

Continue to proactively manage consultants as their professional growth depends more than churning projects. I would rate the team 4 of 5 at this point - doing well but could do more.
    Create more opportunities for consultants to meet f2f. I think are some network effects being lost because we don't know each other (I am sure there are dozen Prime8 consultants that I actually, but would need to meet in person to recognize).

"Great Company, healthy atmosphere, good environment."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, great company to work for. I have been with the company for a few years and have done number of interesting projects. Company is client centric and its own employees oriented. I personally enjoy the type of work I have done and impact I have made working with various clients. Leadership is supportive and steps in when/if needed. Work environment is comfortable and people are willing to help each other out.

Cons

I cannot call out any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for great leadership and support when needed.

"Great company, bright future!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great vision and strategy for the future
    Fun team to work with
    Strategic projects to sink your teeth into
    Varied industries to work in

Cons

Need to get together as a team more often!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"High end strategy projects"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With many years of consulting experience I was looking for a firm that offered high end strategy work. I found this in Prime 8, in many cases they work with GM's , VP's to great strategy form the group, division. I am used to this type of work as I came from Big 4 Consulting, and feel comfortable and energized by Prime 8.

Cons

They are working on recruiting function, adding more to the tram.

Advice to Management

Keep developing the passion on the team.